Rom Manager problem

Last Updated:

1. linuxmel

linuxmel Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am trying to install a custom rom vis rom manager. When to hit boot into recovery mode, and the phone reboots, the triangle with an ! in it comes up, also a phone symbol is there also. It is stuck. any solutions, or am I not doing it correctly?

thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!! VIP Member

Pull your battery and reboot normally. Then open ROM Manager and flash ClockworkMod Recovery. Then reboot to recovery.

Kratos

linuxmel likes this.
  3. linuxmel

That did it, thanks. The instructions I am following say to do a Nandroid backup. Is that so if I install a rom and something happens, I can recover back to the rom I am backing up, which is stock?

thanks.

4. dasanman69

dasanman69 Well-Known Member

Try flashing SPRecovery first then flash ClockworkMod then reboot.

5. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Correct. Nandroid backup makes a snapshot of your phone's last known good state, so if installing a ROM goes south you have something to fall back on. Murphy's Law dictates that things WILL go wrong without a backup :D
    Happy ROMming!

6. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!! VIP Member

That is absolutely what nandroid backups are for. I suggest performing a nandroid backup right before you ever do anything (flash a ROM, flash a kernel, flash a theme, edit any files in the root section, etc).

As long as you have ClockworkMod Recovery flashed, you can make nandroid backups using ROM manager. There is an option to manage and create new backups.

To help show the importance of backups, I made a backup last night and then flashed a theme for UD 2.0.0. On reboot, my phone went into a bootloop and if I hadn't had the backup, I would have been SOL. I have three backups on my phone at all times. The first one I ever made (rooted stock), the fresh install of UD 2.0.0, and the backup i made just before flashing my theme.

Kratos

7. linuxmel

Good info, thanks. What if something did go wrong, and the phone did not book correctly, and no access to rom manager, what is the procedure to boot into recovery? thanks again!

8. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Power off the phone (or pull the battery) and then x+power button will get you into recovery. Since Clockwork Mod is a little finicky, I would try x+power before doing anything else to the phone to make sure it "stuck".