ROM manager problems

Last Updated:

1. nathan312

nathan312 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have used ROM manager since I first rooted back in March or so and have never had a problem, well I take that back I have had it do this once and I just would flash SPRecovery and flash RM back and everything would be fixed. Well my problem is that when I have ROM Manager/CWR flashed, I cannot boot into recovery. If I have SPRecovery flashed, I can. Any ideas? Btw, I am running Ultimate Droid 2.0.0 w/ stock kernel and everything. I started having this problem a couple of days ago when I was still on Ultimate Droid 1.0.0 and thought flashing 2.0.0 would fix things, it didn't

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Nathan

Advertisement
  2. themans23

themans23 Well-Known Member

i am having the same problem. I have not flashed a new rom for months, and went to flash to the newest liquid mod but cannot get into recovery at all. Tried through rom manager and by holding x+power with no success... I am not sure what happened and i am not a newb at flashing roms, been rooted since feb. just been busy at work and have not had a chance to keep up with my old once a week rom flashing :p

3. drunkdirishman

drunkdirishman Member

I would try one of threethings,

Firstly, for some reason Rom Manager seems to play nice for me when I install it onto phone memory, as opposed to the SD card

Secondly, try to flash an alternate version of clockwork mod 2.5.1.0 or later

Thirdly, uninstall Rom Manager from the market, then reinstall and flash the latest clockword mod recovery

4. SolidOrange

SolidOrange Well-Known Member

in ROM Manager, flash ClockworkMod
    in ROM Manager, scroll to the bottom and select "flash alternate recovery"
    flash ClockworkMod again

i have found that this is the only way to get clockwork recovery to "stick" with my phone. it is now second nature to me to do it like that, lol.

tachnician199 and davidald like this.
  5. nathan312

nathan312 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Will try this tonight for sure! Thanks man!

Thanks, but I said in my OP that I tried this already lol...not trying to be a dick lawl

6. mobrienjr

mobrienjr Well-Known Member

go to all clockworkmod recoveries. Pick an older version, I usually go about 4 or 5 older versions. let it do its thing. Then go back to the top and click on Flash ClockworkMod recovery. This will put the newest one on your phone. That should work, just reboot into recovery. If it doesnt you can always skip the part of flashing the newest ClockworkMod recovery. I had this problem before and that is what I did.