Rom manager restore problem, please help :(

Last Updated:

1. adjei7

adjei7 New Member This Topic's Starter

Was using my dad's Desire (I have my own), and thought I would do him a favour by rooting it, so he could backup. I rooted using unrevoked 3.21, and did a backup using ROM Manager. I've heard this is a bad idea, but I never had a problem with my Desire using ROM Manager, and an older version of unrevoked.

Anyway, after the backup, I tried to restart, and it got caught in a boot loop, never getting past the pink circle. (My dad has a t-mobile, HBOOT 0.75, have since upgraded to 0.93 with android 2.2) .

My old backup Roms that I did for my desire work fine on his phone, so I have been able to do the above, but I really wanna get his old system back.

I've wiped the cache, done a full wipe, re-rooted, loaded the backup from Rom Manager, and from recovery, and nothing seems to work. The best I can get is looping from the splash screen, but another variation is getting stuck on the pink arrow circle.

So, what is the deal with unrevoked and ROM Manager not working together, when they used to be fine with old versions? Do I have to now backup by recovery alone? But more importantly, is there any way to get my dad's backup back, or is it gone forever?

Please help,

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Does his backup work on your phone?

Did you take a titanium backup perchance?

3. ajanu

ajanu Well-Known Member

I know there are different images in the recovery. It could be possible that one of them became corrupted. If his backup does not work on your phone, this could be the case. You could try then swaping files from a working backup with his and seeing if any of them work, though I have no idea if that will work or what it does to your phone.

On a slightly different note, did he ever back up his sense UI settings? Is that the main reason for wanting the old ROM back? If so those are stored on the SD card and could possibly be restored.