• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rom Manager, Stock Images

I'm not sure if you want to hear this or not. I was running nextheme r2 and was having issues with an app that needed root (I believe it was root explorer but can't remember). I was going to flash a stock rom and reload everything so I used rom manager to download and flash 2.1 with root. However when I did I lost root ahtogether. If you're truly trying to go back to (you will lose EVERYHING) stock I recommend rsd lite and a stock sdb image. Best of luck.

Upvote 0
I did this in the past and it worked to go to 2.1 stock images. I'm now going to sell the phone and I'm trying to use 2.0.1 in Rom Manager and it's just rebooting in ClockWorkMod Recovery v1.8.1.4 and sitting on the menu that gives me the option to reboot, apply sdcard.update.zip, wipe data/ factory reset.... Any ideas what to do so I can get back to 2.0.1 stock? Thanks.

Upvote 0
I did this in the past and it worked to go to 2.1 stock images. I'm now going to sell the phone and I'm trying to use 2.0.1 in Rom Manager and it's just rebooting in ClockWorkMod Recovery v1.8.1.4 and sitting on the menu that gives me the option to reboot, apply sdcard.update.zip, wipe data/ factory reset.... Any ideas what to do so I can get back to 2.0.1 stock? Thanks.

Follow the instructions in the included link to return to stock.

http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-droid/47349-now-you-can-live-without-fear-bricking.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones