Rom Manager, Stock Images

Last Updated:

1. bugeyeblue

bugeyeblue Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone tried using this coming from a 2.1 rom? I'd like to know if it works. Please don't tell me not to do it, or tell me I will lose root. I just want to know if it will work, and if I will get the 2.1 ota official update if I do it. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. bugeyeblue

I selected "download rom" from stock images. It gives two options, one is 2.1 rooted, one is 2.0.1 not rooted. Anyone know what to suggest in order to have the latest official rom?

3. carlz28

carlz28 Well-Known Member

2.1 rooted with SU app is the official release, that was rooted. So if you download that one, it will be the most up-to-date 'official' release....well...a slightly modded version of it to give you root access. But other than that, it's the read deal.

bugeyeblue likes this.
  4. bugeyeblue

Thanks. SU app? What's that?

5. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

"Superuser Permissions" application. It can be used to clear specific superuser data (don't mess with it if all is well).

6. Titaniac

Titaniac Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if you want to hear this or not. I was running nextheme r2 and was having issues with an app that needed root (I believe it was root explorer but can't remember). I was going to flash a stock rom and reload everything so I used rom manager to download and flash 2.1 with root. However when I did I lost root ahtogether. If you're truly trying to go back to (you will lose EVERYHING) stock I recommend rsd lite and a stock sdb image. Best of luck.

7. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

If you do 2.01 stock the otacerts should not be blocked (like in a custom ROM) and then - not sure if its immediately, but the 2.1 should be pushed.
    Try this if you do not want root

8. bugeyeblue

I did this in the past and it worked to go to 2.1 stock images. I'm now going to sell the phone and I'm trying to use 2.0.1 in Rom Manager and it's just rebooting in ClockWorkMod Recovery v1.8.1.4 and sitting on the menu that gives me the option to reboot, apply sdcard.update.zip, wipe data/ factory reset.... Any ideas what to do so I can get back to 2.0.1 stock? Thanks.

9. Papadroid

Papadroid VIP Member VIP Member

Follow the instructions in the included link to return to stock.

http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-droid/47349-now-you-can-live-without-fear-bricking.html