• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ROM Manager update/download issue

amesville

Lurker
Apr 12, 2012
I've got a rooted LG Optimus T, which I'm pretty happy with. I opened ROM Manager yesterday to do a backup, and got a popup stating that I needed to update the app. It then took me to Google Play, I downloaded the update, and got an error message when the phone tried to install it, with a message that I needed to uninstall ROM Manager and reinstall it.

Silly me. I did that. Cleared cache, forgot to delete updates, and uninstalled ROM Manager. Now, I can't install the new one from the market, or from ClockworkMod's webpage. Also, I seem to have lost my data network. The phone is fine, but no internet.

I know better than to do a factory reset (the horror), but I'm not sure what to do now. My inclination is to restore to an older backup from my sd card - but how do I get there without ROM Manager?

Any assistance is awesome! I love these forums - I used the All Things Root stickie to root my phone, and it was great.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones