ROM Manager won't do backups

Last Updated:

1. bhutch

bhutch New Member This Topic's Starter

I am trying to use "ROM Manager" from the market to make a backup of my phone but it won't run. When you click "Backup Current ROM" it goes to the screen that suggests a name for the backup and when you click Ok it does nothing. I have also noted that "Reboot into Recovery does the same thing. I have tried re-installing it on my rooted, AT&T phone with 2.1 without success. Any thoughts?
    Bruce

Advertisement
  2. t0ast3d

t0ast3d Well-Known Member

Are you leaving the name blank?

If so that's the problem

3. redc143

redc143 New Member

i am having the same problem. it gives me file name automatically 2010-09-27-21.17.10, which im guessing is the time and date. also when i try to install a rom i downloaded using rom manager, it gives me the options to backup and wipe, then does nothing when i press ok. i am using rooted evo with 2.2. thanks for any help you can give.

4. bhutch

bhutch New Member This Topic's Starter

Just like redc143 said, it gives you a default name with the date/time and whether I leave it alone or type in my own, it does nothing. I also cannot install a ROM. :confused:

5. stevenlong

stevenlong Well-Known Member

I have the same issue. Is it because of being 1.6?

6. debdado

debdado New Member

I am having the same problem when I attempt to back up my current ROM. I have assigned a new name, or used the date they give. Then press for backup. Goes to M then restarts current ROM. No backup made. What's up?:(

7. mpdx13

mpdx13 New Member

Yep me too. I can load roms through bootstrap recovery, but rom manager won't load roms or do backups. Yes, I'm rooted with z4root and all other root funtions work fine.

8. adc

adc New Member