ROM Manager

Last Updated:

1. slosh

slosh Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Seems like ROM Manager is coming alive pretty good lately. With the ability to flash other roms, flash different recovery images. Only thing is you need clockwork with rom manager and im not to keen on that. I startes with sprecovery so maybe im just afraid of change or learning something new. Just seeing what everyone else is thinking. But ROM manager is a great tool, for people that like the greatest rom and flash it.

Advertisement
  2. sohc sti

sohc sti Well-Known Member

I was in the same boat is you. But I went ahead and did it anyway. Its not that much different than sp. The only thing is your old nandroid backups wont work. Oh and actually making a backup and restoring takes forever. Other than that they are almost identical. You can always flash sp back on if you don't like it.

3. Fadelight

Fadelight Well-Known Member

You can do absolutely everything through ROM manager as far as installing, removing, and backing up ROMs and add-ons, so which recovery program you have is pretty much a moot point unless you screw something up.

FYI - ROM manager allows you to flash either CM or SPR.

4. slosh

slosh Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Fade old nandroid backups wont work with CW correct? Thats the only thing stoping me.

5. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

you can flash sprecovery from rom manager to load all your old backups if needed.

6. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

Just an fyi when you flash a new recovery make sure the first thing you do is make a backup. Its easier to solve problems if you have a compatable nandroid backup on hand

7. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Well-Known Member

If you go on DroidMod's site you'll see that they've announced that they're working on making SPRecovery work with CM's nandroids. That's good, I like SPR better than ClockworkMod.

I'm not linking to it because today's April Fool's joke ruins their links. Just go to droidmod.org and find the post about recoveries on the front page.