Rom mananger

Last Updated:

1. DoubleEagle

DoubleEagle Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well I installed bootstrap and flashed rom manager to it and tried To backup current rom and gave me a name which was the date and a couple numbers after it. It states to backup and then a exclamation mark in a triangle appears and it stops! I tried renaming with no spaces and even just let the numbers it gives me be the name. I'm stuck for now.

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

3. antnyh

antnyh Well-Known Member

Same here. I have been using bootstrap and ROM manager on my personal phone for a while now and love it. Today my friend asks me to get his as snappy as mine. So after DL'ing some important apps and rooting I showed him how to create a backup using the OP's method. Got the same thing, droid with triangled exclamation point and no backup created. Tried twice to no avail. Both apps installed correctly, both were granted SU permissions, but no backup. Can't figure this one out and due to that we didn't do any ROM upgrades. Per fella still has to run blur crap!!

4. DoubleEagle

I have the bootstrap and hit the top button then went into rom manager and hit the flash cwrecovery at the top. Then I hit backup current rom and a box comes up with the date and some numbers. it say rename and I just leave it along and hit ok. It turns black then see the Motorola sign and then in a couple of sec's it flashes a android and the triangle with the exclamation in it and then it reboots again and it's normal! then I go back to rom manager and hit the button to manage my backups and nothing is in there. maybe I should just do a SBF and take it back to fresh?

5. ThatOneDude05

ThatOneDude05 Well-Known Member

Same here I've just been doing it through clockwork then manually renaming later

6. DoubleEagle

I noticed something my clockwork recovery version and my rom manger clockwork recovery version'n are off by 1 number? don't know if that has anything to do with it.

7. Steven58

DE,
    you are not booting into clockworkMOD recovery if you have that /!\ sign so something is indeed off. Make sure your software is up to date and the numbers agree then try again, bro.

8. DoubleEagle

Ok guys I deleted bootstrap and rom went to applications in my phone and uninstalled both apps but right before I hit the clear data button on them before I uninstall them. Went back to market and re downloaded both apps and hit bootstrap then reboot recovery let it load and then go to rom manager and backup current rom, file name was the numbers I just hit ok. seen the m logo then for a sec seen that droid with the triangle and exclamation the it was the droid next to the box and started backing up! I feel better now. Then i realized I backed up and forgot to put titanium back on if I switch roms and go back to this current rom will I lose titanium?

9. Steven58

you can always d/l titanium from the market. If you backed up your apps, they are still saved on the sd card, so it doesn't matter if you have titanium or not. It matters if you have the backups.

In Rom Mgr. don't forget to hit "Flash ClockworkMod Recover" then you should be able to use it to back up your roms/themes.

Steven

I'm proud of you, btw. :)

10. BankZ

BankZ Well-Known Member

I am having the same problem. I can do a backup from Bootstrap but not ROM manager. When I go into Bootstrap it says its using 2.5.0.6. ROM Manger says 2.5.0.7. Is that the problem? If so how do I get them in sync? I have latest versions from Market.

11. BankZ

BankZ Well-Known Member

Ideas?

12. DoubleEagle

BankZ, mine are working fine now so the numbers don't have to match. Those should be the current ones. What I did and this maybe not the right way it works for me. I went into applications in the settings and then I hit the clear data button and then uninstall it, both apps the clockwork and rom manager and then reinstall.

13. BankZ

BankZ Well-Known Member

I tried that too and no luck

14. BankZ

BankZ Well-Known Member

I went back to stock and I am still having the same problem. Any other ideas?

15. BankZ

BankZ Well-Known Member

Seems to me that the current version of ROM manager is bugged. Can I install a custom rom from bootstrap?

16. BankZ

BankZ Well-Known Member

Also, if I try to download a different recovery (other than 2.5.07) I get: "an error occurred while downloading your recovery"