[ROM] MeanBean | Mods | Batt saver

1. windsorclarenc

windsorclarenc Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    :
  2. Chris Broderick

Chris Broderick Well-Known Member

I'm in!!!!! I was using MeanRom for ever so this is what I have been waiting for.

Chris
  3. ymmie

ymmie Well-Known Member

That didn't take long. These devs rock!
  4. Stubby1

Stubby1 Well-Known Member

This is awesome I will dl later. Mean has been a great Rom.
  5. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

ah man another itch i need scratching!!!!!!!!!
  6. -Mike-

-Mike- Well-Known Member

is this based off the latest OTA? and does it have all the firmware and stuff baked in the ROM?
  7. windsorclarenc

It is based on the latest OTA update. And you do have to flash the new firmware before flashing this. Don't worry, you'll still be able to flash ICS ROMs with the new firmware. But for the love God DO NOT ever downgrade your firmware. From what I've read, downgrading firmware = bricked phone.
  8. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Based off of the latest 3.15 JellyBean, yes. Firmware included, no. You need to have s-off to flash firmware.
    ocnbrze and Granite1 like this.
  9. ymmie

ymmie Well-Known Member

I get random reboots with this ROM. Installed this morning and had 4 reboots so far? Did a full wipe beforehand. Installed from TWRP from MeanROM 6.4.
  10. nullspace

nullspace Well-Known Member

While waiting for a Viper4G 3.0 to be released, it looks like I go back to Mean again. I'll miss all the cool tweaks, but can't resist the JB appeal!

Great to see the devs putting out cool stuff for us so fast. It's like Christmas came early!:D
  11. -Mike-

-Mike- Well-Known Member

Im so dang glad I went for s-off. Flashed firmware and meanbean. Life is good.
  12. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer Moderator

I'd try and redownload the Rom again, then completely wipe and reflash. :)
  13. -Mike-

-Mike- Well-Known Member

Now that I updated firmware, can I nan back to cm10? I made the nan before I updated firmware.
  14. Chris Broderick

Chris Broderick Well-Known Member

can't find how to turn the GPS on and off. Anyone know?

Thanks
  15. -Mike-

-Mike- Well-Known Member

settings > location
    ocnbrze and Chris Broderick like this.
  16. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Yes. Yes, you can.

The new firmware is reported working fine with previous roms, don't see why CM10 would be any different.

BTW - mikeyxda's camera is the best! :)
  17. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

0.2 is out before I got a chance to flash 0.1

Changes:
    Fixed Google Now FC's
    Fixed Gallery FC when using Dropbox
    Proximity sensor fix (credit here)
    Re-deodexed and zip aligned entire base
    Fixed flashing white screen during boot animation on first boot
    Fixed haptic feedback "jackhammer" option
    Removed ugly power manager notification message (still accessible via "Settings", "Power")
    Moved HTC Connection Optimizer to data so it can be uninstalled
    Updated some core apps
    Added flashable ZIPs to /sdcard/MeanBean folder
    Granite1 and ocnbrze like this.
  18. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

i just downloaded .01 earlier and was going to flash tonight. oh well gonna download this now.
  19. Rxpert83

Mikey needs to get some svn action going
  20. ymmie

ymmie Well-Known Member

Updated versions are coming so quick I've just wiped and installed 0.2 and 0.3 with the same reboots. On 0.3 it would get stuck on the boot animation. I was able to get in to recovery and restore to MeanROM ICS though so I'm good until things get perfected a bit more.
  21. dustwun77

dustwun77 Endeavor to Persevere :) Guide

I ran .03 all day without problems. I didn't have great battery life but I had weak 3g and used it pretty extensively.

had a problem with Swiftkey force closing on me till last evening I just uninstalled it and loaded and set it up fresh from the market. Been working fine since then.

I think he was going to let .04 go out and get himself some rest and then a bunch of guys sent him logcats, and I'll bet he is wading through them to find fixes for the rom. The man is dedicated.

I read on meanrom ICS why he doesn't go for SVN but I can't remember why it was. I am just glad to have good wifi at home.
  22. windsorclarenc

I had some issues trying to boot while connected to my computer. It was stuck in a boot loop when I first flashed until I unplugged from the computer
    Granite1 and dustwun77 like this.
  23. Rxpert83

v0.4 is up.

Haven't gotten the chance to flash this yet
    dustwun77 likes this.
  24. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer Moderator

Crap, just got done downloading V0.3 but didn't get a chance to flash last night. Got the firmware flashed, just not the Rom. :(
  25. ymmie

ymmie Well-Known Member

Running 0.4 since last night and so fart so good. I would like to have the quick settings back in the dropdown though.