1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

[ROM] MegaTron 6.2.5

1. snappwrench

snappwrench Well-Known Member

Would really like to check this out but when I try to install it I get bad install and it doesn't go. I will try the updated version since it looks like some work has been done, thanks. This looks cool
  2. VoltronMaximus

VoltronMaximus Well-Known Member

Ive been messing around with the rom for a few days and I do like it. It seems pretty stable. But I do have a few questions/comments. 1)ES File Explorer can not be updated or uninstalled. 2)What in the world does the app OMG!!! dcsms do? I take it that it must be some kind of sms app, but it seems kinda weird. 3)Any chance on changing the lock screen picture from the standard Boost lock screen to something MegaTron? 4) I noticed in the MegaTron settings that when I attempt an update it says one is available, but its version 6.1. I assume I should not download this, correct?
  3. chevanlol360

chevanlol360 Well-Known Member Developer

Should be able to update it, to uninstall it use a root app and remove it from the system. the Dcsms app is used to control the widgets, open the app and swipe from the left to the right tap on power widgets and boom! yeah i'll change the lockscreen wallpaper in the future, i registered this phone earlier this year when 6.1.1 was out so i set it up with the updating account to say 6.1.1, forgot to change it but it wouldnt have updated your phone cause the download link was blank.
  4. VoltronMaximus

Alrighty. Thanks. I completely forgot that it may have been placed as a system app (Doh!). Other than that it seems pretty good. Whats funny is Ive been using CTmod for so long that using this rom gives me the sense of cheating on CTmod :D
  5. chevanlol360

lol, should be able to complete todo's 1, 8 & 9 very soon.
  6. DIEabetic696

DIEabetic696 Member

i have been loving this rom but i also had some questions that im sure everyone is aware of but i just wan to ask any ways
    when ever i use the swipe to clear notifications my notification bar crashes and force closes
    also when i go to settings then megatron settings and click on toggle settings it force closes
    the omg dcms theme tab wont open aand force closes
    are these all normal beta issues? i know its still a work in progress but so far these are the only issues i have had with the rom
  7. DIEabetic696

DIEabetic696 Member

also can yall tell me what the koumamod is for? its to partition the sd card right? ive never used it before and am unsure how to properly use it i tried looking it up but its 3 am and too tired to try harder lol if yall could help me out i would really aprechiate it
  8. VoltronMaximus

DIEabetic696 likes this.
  9. kevkev1978

kevkev1978 New Member

dsp wont start but other than that i'm satisfied after tweaking speeds :D
    Lg marqueeeeee
  10. VoltronMaximus

Is this still being worked on? Have not seen any updates in bit.:confused:
  11. chevanlol360

Updated with lots of changes, We're now out of Beta Status and good enough for daily drive. This Updated brings much improvements to the System, Enjoy.
    wetbiker7 likes this.
  12. theonewho

theonewho Well-Known Member

I can't get Google Play Services to install with MegaTron and one of my apps (GigWalk) needs it. It worked fine in CTMod so I'm hoping this can be fixed. When I try to install it I get the message "Unknown error code during application install ":-8".
  13. chevanlol360

will fix soon thanks.
    theonewho likes this.
  14. VoltronMaximus

I noticed that you still cant change the color or shut off the clock in the notification bar.
  15. theonewho

One more thing; I looked in the settings and saw the option to have no lock screen but it doesn't seem to work. I actually have an alternative lock screen installed but often see the default lock screen pop up first.

I can probably just use NoLock or whatever it's called, but thought I'd throw this out there anyway.
  16. chevanlol360

Thanks for letting me know will also fix in next update.

idk is that option stock on prevail? maybe try the widgets? i think theres one to disable lockscreen.
    Twisted21 likes this.
  17. theonewho

Disabling the lock screen isn't available on the stock rom as far as I know. CTMod did have a widget in the task bar that worked for this. I didn't see it in MegaTron though. I even checked OMG!!! dcsms and didn't see it in there either. It's not a huge deal, but it was nice when I was able to disable the default lock screen.
  18. VoltronMaximus

If you have a different screen locker app, check the settings to see if you can disable the stock screen lock. I use Widgetlocker and it has that option.:D
  19. theonewho

I'm using the Locket lock screen. It's still in beta so hopefully they'll get on that soon. It's not the greatest lock screen, but you can earn up to 3 cents in an hour for having ads in the lock screen. Takes awhile but I have a little over $7 in my account so far. I'd post my referral link to try go get more but I feel like that'd be like spamming lol.
  20. jack52482

jack52482 Active Member

I'm having a problem with YouTube . I can't sign in it keeps saying "an error has occurred" and none of the videos will play. Anyone else having this problem? Or is there a fix for it?
  21. chevanlol360

got a fix for it, coming with the next update.
    Twisted21, wetbiker7 and jack52482 like this.
  22. jack52482

jack52482 Active Member

I dontvthinkni saw anyone mention this but market fc's alot. But still great rom....nice work
  23. chevanlol360

didnt test it but this updated should fix the youtube issues, market issues and much more.
    Twisted21 likes this.
  24. snappwrench

snappwrench Well-Known Member

Great ROM, waited till it had been updated from BETA and seems to work great. Thanks
  25. jack52482

jack52482 Active Member

No problems since the update. Silky smooth. Great rom. Can we expect some themes like some of the other phones?