• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][MetroPCS & T-Mobile] Katana ROM *Updated 11-16-2015*

I don't think the manufacturing date matters, as I can run it on my 2016 Stylo.

Now, exclude flashing the bootstack and Return2Stock through TWRP. Back everything up and flash the KDZ on a computer, if available. And then follow with flashing TWRP, and then Katana and the MetroPCS partitions. I feel that this is the less complicated way.

Upvote 0
I don't think the manufacturing date matters, as I can run it on my 2016 Stylo.

Now, exclude flashing the bootstack and Return2Stock through TWRP. Back everything up and flash the KDZ on a computer, if available. And then follow with flashing TWRP, and then Katana and the MetroPCS partitions. I feel that this is the less complicated way.

I'll give that a try. Believe I have the files already from a brick. Lol

Is MS63110j_00.kdz the most recent?

Upvote 0
please help, when i flashed katana and the partitions, my lg g stylo metroPCS doesnt turn on at all, not even download mode pls help
i got into that screwy area and had to buy an LG Aristo...it's not all that no matter how much the people that are stuck with it pat their own backs...
i was trying to unbrick mine with SRKtool_2.1_droidth.....but,it does'nt include an unbrick package for the stylo ms631 or any other stylo variant.....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones