• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Mikfroyo - ALL Versions

you just click on the app, and then press the button to turn it on, once it's on your other device will recognize the signal and it gives you a password t type in (like 1234567890) thats it

kernel is here
[GPL][Kernel]netarchy-toastmod, Stable: 4.1.9.1 Beta: 4.3.1 - xda-developers

first you need to update the radios, then once you confirmed that you did that correctly (unless you have already done it) then flash the rom (factory data wipe, cache and davlik) once the rom is installed successfully then flash the kernel (go into recovery, wipe cache and davlik, then choose zip from sd card) then there is a little trick I learned from akazabam on how to calibrate the battery with the new kernel, let me know when you get that far and i'll tell you that along with the setcpu settings that I'm running

A newbie question. How do you flash/update the radios?

Upvote 0
A newbie question. How do you flash/update the radios?

You flash them like you would flash a kernel.

1. Wipe cache/dalvik cache
2. Flash PRI
3. Reboot

4. Wipe cache/dalvik cache
5. Flash NV
6. Reboot

7. Wipe cache/dalvik cache
8. Flash Radio's
9. Reboot

You can find the radio's here.

Yep, it's really not too complicated. If you want specific instructions with some best practices, see the Rooting for Dummies guide in the after rooting section.

Reactions: calvinrw
Upvote 0
I have an evo 4g I rooted using unrevoked and the rom it installed and have been working fine but I have tryed a few deferant roms and cant get the 3g working it shows 1x. wifi will work but not the 3g? so I am assuming that I need to upgrade the radio software or the firm ware. but I have no clue where to get these?
current config

Android 2.2
Baseband ver 2.15.00.11.19
Kernel ver 2.6.32.17.-gee557fd htc-kernel@and18-2#15
build number 3.70.651.1 cl294884 release keys
software number 3.70.651.1
pri 1.90_003
PRL 61006

any help would be very nice indeed :)

Upvote 0
ok so more and more roms are coming out with what is your true signal strength. with sense the indicator in the notification bar is giving you a false read. it will always show you that you have 3g when in fact it is 1x which you can take phone calls and text but no data.

you can try the updated radios if you like. some people have reported better battery life and better signal. it really has not changed for me. but that is up to you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones