• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Mobster Rom HD/Lite - 031513

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody having issues with the contacts taking forever to load? I use the regular dial pad installed and call app for my social info of my contacts. If I want to make a call I have to wait like 5 minutes for the contacts to show up. I have all my contacts saved to the Google servers and wondering if that could be the issue. Is there a way to copy them to the phone if that's the cause? Here's some pics to show what I mean...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1369358656920.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369358656920.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 129
  • uploadfromtaptalk1369358676949.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369358676949.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 144
  • uploadfromtaptalk1369358697044.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369358697044.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 149
Upvote 0
Lol if you do watch all these people flock and buy an s3 to get the next mobster Rom. :cool:

If you wanted to troll people you could just not release it. :p

For the record, I'd be getting an S3 regardless of who's developing for it. I've been Jones'n for that phone for quite awhile now.

I'd also entertain a flagship HTC phone...but it may be a case of first to market for me (if both are released on the same day...crap...decisions decisions).

Upvote 0
This is actually the only issue I am having with this rom, everything else is working very nicely. The 4.2 roms I tried had terrible battery life and made my phone really hot. This rom has great battery life, no connection issues with wifi/3g/4g, but the dialer takes forever to load contacts and the sms app seems to be very slow as well. Overall a great rom but this stuff had gotten very frustrating at times

Upvote 0
Hey Mobz on your new Rom could you test the Snapchat app front facing camera video recording and see if it's not upside down? Also the Vine app allows recording and doesn't say this device isn't supported as well as the Google Hangouts app not force closing after a reboot of the phone. I know you probably could care less but just wanted to know if you could test those. If not it's cool. Still gonna download the Rom anyways when you release it lol Thanks buddy.

Upvote 0
Hey Mobz on your new Rom could you test the Snapchat app front facing camera video recording and see if it's not upside down? Also the Vine app allows recording and doesn't say this device isn't supported as well as the Google Hangouts app not force closing after a reboot of the phone. I know you probably could care less but just wanted to know if you could test those. If not it's cool. Still gonna download the Rom anyways when you release it lol Thanks buddy.

i'll let you test that later when i get to the final stages :)

Reactions: boomer_jmoore
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones