• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][MODS] K3LSOMOD ROMS [updated 1-20-12] [ICS MINT THEME by PBOT Added]

ICS THEME IS HERE AND DAMN NEAR FULLY COMPLETED..HERE IS ABOUT 90% finished for you guys! hope you like it!

Theme looks wicked awesome! Any chance of this being applied to reppards ROM? Or do I have to have your ROM applied? Would love to have this theme, but not have to reROM and apply backups.

Keep up the great Modding kelso! Sources are up for ICS, so hopefully you'll continue the Optimus line relevancy by updating where LG wont. ;)

Reactions: mikekelso421
Upvote 0
If I can ever figure out how to build from source, ill definitely give ics a shot. I best leave it to playfulgod or reppard to do their awesome work on an ics rom. That is if they want to of coarse. :)

Yeah. Would love to see it on this phone. If someone told me about making the source code and making the rom for optimus m, I'd get right on it xD. Friend has ics rom on his G2. So jealous :( but still.. Apple got nothing on us :p

Upvote 0
does this work on 2.2.2 ? If so do you have to be rooted? because i cant get root to work on 2.2.2 and if it does work on 2.2.2 AND you dont have to be rooted could someone post a step by step guide on doing this? Ive never flashed to a different ROM before and this one looks sick

Clearly states for 2.2 AND 2.2.1 not 2.2.2 Therefore,you can not flash it.

Upvote 0
i downloaded the blue ice theme and when i click settings only the +add, wallpaper and settings is blue did i do something wrong?

No.but I bet yoir not using adw launcher. Lol it will only theme all the quick tab icons if your using adw. Cuz it calls on the framework icons for it and not the launcher.apk icons.

Upvote 0
Got this up and running. So far, flawless. Superb work, and until I get this kernel into CM7, my new ROM of choice.

It doesn't overclock, but that's to be expected as it does have the stock 2.2.2 kernel that doesn't reboot. However, running at stock 600Mhz does NOT affect the responsiveness of the phone.

Mike, I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I just cannot get a kitchen to pack this zImage in. I'm hoping to so it uncleanly and use flashimagegui.apk to flash this kernel to CM7, I think it will work. Does it have to be in zImage format to do this, or is it a zip?

Also, can I have a copy of your zImage? Perhaps I'm pulling it out improperly?

Upvote 0
should just be able to unpack the boot image and replace the kernel files and then repack it..i have never really messed with kernels outside of flashing..but i have read alot about it.

Yes but I'm not sure I'm picking it out properly. Can I pull it from my phone while using the phone? I have limited access my computers right now lol. At the in-laws and BORED! Was hoping you had it so I could snag it and brick my phone real quick lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones