• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][MS870] Icy Spirit v2.0

Why? Does it mess stuff up or just not work? I thought wiping data/cache/dalvik was essentially doing a factory reset in cwm... cause whenever you flash a rom you have too do these steps correct? Or do you guys mean don't do a factory reset with cwm installed? I know with some devices if you do that it'll soft brick the phone or boot loop. I'm confused now...

You said that you can't factory reset this device, well I'm saying you can.

Wipe /data /cache and dalvik-cache and your phone is factory resetted.
Everything put into /system stays including root. That's why the only way to unroot is with my guide.

Upvote 0
Glad to see a 2.0 release GT, you're the man, can't wait to see what else you've got up your sleeve. =o)
Haha... Thanks man. :)

Gonna try to do a nice theme next. I want to change everything that's blue to diff color. Plus black notification bar and boot animation. Black settings menus would be nice, but LG really hid that stuff.

Upvote 0
Reactions: kammino
Upvote 0
Just added an ad-blocker section to the first post to keep android's built-in ad-blocking(hosts file) up to date.

I made this now optional, since some people don't want to block ads on their phones.

No need to wipe... Just flash the zip and it will update the hosts file. Takes about 3 seconds.

Enjoy a 99% ad free phone. ;):D

Upvote 0
Just added an ad-blocker section to the first post to keep android's built-in ad-blocking(hosts file) up to date.

I made this now optional, since some people don't want to block ads on their phones.

No need to wipe... Just flash the zip and it will update the hosts file. Takes about 3 seconds.

Enjoy a 99% ad free phone. ;):D

why in the world would someone want ads

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones