• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] MTDEV-CM7 build 2013-03-03

Chairshot215

Android Expert
Aug 20, 2011
cm7.png

Image by: CornfedChris

README:
This ROM is Cyanogen Mod 7.2.0 and is developed by MTDEV.

Special thanks go out to IssacJ, Tickerguy, Mantera & Whyzor for breaking ground on Source Code Development for the Motorola Triumph! With out the their hard work and efforts, none of this would be possible.

VIDEO PLAY BACK
Thanks to Izzard for recommending MX Player. The app bases specific media to be played from either HW or Software decoding in the new version. VitalPlayer also works extremely well.

KNOWN ISSUES
∙ Camera rear video recording clicks during auto focus adding noise to recording
∙ Deep Sleep mode does not work with WiFi or Bluetooth enabled
∙ HDMI does not work
∙ Flicker when watching videos in portrait

FAQ:
MTDEV CM7 FAQ v2.5 by MikeRL

DOWNLOAD: 2013-03-03
MTDEV-CM7-20130303.zip
MD5:1456d1b9719721b4e98f4fe7c9f0fd97

Without Bootsound
MTDEV-CM7-20130303_No-Bootsound.zip
MD5:fee1adbe629032053eb847e63a058d80

DOWNLOAD: 2012-12-28
MTDEV-CM7-20121228.zip
MD5:88d97c7cc420449c207c54641e57c616

Without Bootsound
MTDEV-CM7-20121228_No-Bootsound.zip
MD5:27918aa782328cedc922231ca5444801

INSTALL:
Follow these simple instructions if you

NEW FEATURES

03/03/2013
∙ New "init.triumph.rc" and a few other boot.img-ramdisk changes.
∙ Updated Vendor Proprietary Binary's, mostly BT/WIFI related files.
∙ Cleaned up GPS hardware and config.

12/28/2012
∙ Fixed issue connecting wifi & Bluetooth at the same time

12/27/2012
∙ Using Bsydz updated CM7 Kernel
∙ Added Bootsound functionality
∙ GPS Hardware changes including used libraries and AMSS version
∙ Updated droid fonts
∙ Removed all previously added a/v files and added the Video & Audio files used in the Cherry variant.

10/15/2012
∙ Updated to the Sharp 2.3.5 wlan firmware and init.qcomm etc scripts
∙ Removed system prop line for video suspected of causing wifi issues for some users
∙ Completely reworked the init.triumph.rc.
∙ Removed all the froyo mm modules
∙ Add Sharp 2.3.5 mm modules
∙ Replaced static CM7 wallpaper

09/26/2012
∙ Flicker is back
∙ Camera/camcorder are now working correctly

09/23/2012
∙ Flicker who? Flicker is GONE!!!
∙ Better video
∙ More stability

09/21/2012
∙ Major improvements in video 19fps
∙ Multiple libs replaced to help with more stability

09/15/2012
∙ Replaced multiple lib files from WelcoM, Sharp, Andro-ID
∙ Updated gps.conf
∙ Updated system.prop

08/19/2012
∙ Removed libaudioeq.so was causing notification fade outs
∙ Fixed blank screen after other caller disconnects a call
∙ Disabled surface dithering, can be enabled in CM settings and increased dalvik vm heap-size for better performance
∙ Restored Tickerguys values with memory99 which helps with gaming
∙ Added fix to resolve flicker with hard buttons
∙ Added bootup sound script

08/10/2012
∙ Reimplemented Audio Fix (Notifications don't mess up sound anymore) didn't work :p

08/09/2012
∙ Updated GPS it's faster and uses less battery power

08/08/2012
∙ Camera fully funtional
∙ Removed volume tweaks due to distortion
∙ Updated GPS
∙ Removed some libs to add better battery life

08/06/2012
∙ GPS speeds are simply unbelievable!
∙ Rear Camera Picture & Video works
∙ Front Camera Video works
∙ Removed Alpha HDMI Code (broke camera)
∙ Added Live Wallpapers
∙ Updated media profiles
∙ Updated egl drivers (23.6 FPS Nenmark 2)(31.5 FPS Nenmark 1)(55.7 FPS NeoCore Qualcomm)

08/01/2012
∙ YouTube HD now working perfect go watch The Hobbit Trailer (flicker in portrait)
∙ Videos seem to be playing perfect in default stock player now (flicker in portrait)
∙ Camera photos now saved in folder 'Camera' no more 100ANDROID
∙ Photo names are based on date and 24 time including seconds i.e. IMG_20120801_140807
∙ ROM is feeling much more smooth as gralloc looks to be working correctly now
∙ Added in Volume adjustment found by jarjar124.

7/29/2012
∙ Fixed video flicker
∙ GPS even faster
∙ Removed specific settings not needed for Triumph

7/26/2012
∙ Place mp3 in /system/media/android_audio.mp3 for boot sound on boot up
∙ Screen dims out before timeout
∙ Clock has had edits to look nicer with larger font
∙ Added opencore files for media playback. Use MX Player with Software Decoding for best experience

7/25/2012
∙ Audio completely fixed, no more issues with notifications killing sound
∙ Increased 3g speeds
∙ Increased GPS lock speed
∙ Haptic touch works on notification window for turning on and off hardware more quickly
∙ Bluetooth Faster on connections and re-connections
&#8729; Automatic Brightness is instant, just use Settings < Display. No more tweaks needed using Cyanogonmod Settings < Display
&#8729; Video performance increased try out Holo Launcher with Scrolling Cache < High Quality
&#8729; Color effects now work on Back Camera (Sepia, Negative, Solarize)
&#8729; Better keyboard response
&#8729; Updated build.prop with wifi, battery, video tweaks
&#8729; Alpha HDMI support

Upvote 0
Sorry if I missed something, but what is the difference between CM7 and CM7.2.0. I assume that it's going to be more stable and faster??? Maybe other options???

Correct, it will be more stable as CM7 was really CM7.2 RC1. CM7.2.0 is the code finally making it to stable release from Cyanogenmod. While the CM team has said they will still add to CM7, we broke the code away from the main line so we can make this the most stable build possible for our phone.

With out getting to technical our phone is a very unique animal and lots of things that work for all the other phones do not work for ours. In the past we developers would updated the code from CM7 and it would break aspects of our phone. The goal with this project was to take the most stable code from CM team and break away from the main line of their code. This allow us to redesign CM7.2.0 code specifically for our phone.

Right now it's a pretty darn good release but since we revamped the device files and it's still in development this is a BETA release. As we get further with the code the stability should continue to get better with each release.

Upvote 0
Really looking forward to using this. I just sent $20 dollars to help keep this moving. Thanks again for all your time and effort!

jdaman5518,

Thank you for the donation! Your donation, along with all the other donations that have been coming in is much appreciated!!! Your donation will be going towards (2) new 3.16Ghz Quad Core Xeon processors for my workstation. Since we are almost their I decided to add to the money pile and I am selling my Dx6i 6 Channel Helicopter Remote to help the cause.

Chairsho215 will be purchasing a Dell T5400 workstation like mine, in the coming weeks and I will be sending him some extra ram and processor that was purchased using previous donation from g60style. Also I believe dsmryder will also be doing the same thing. That way the three of us will all have the same setup for building the code. This saves lots of time and energy for us developers as 1-3 hours is a long time to wait for a build to complete to find out it doesn't work.

To you, and all the other donator's that has donated, we truly appreciate it!!

:party:

Reactions: jdaman5518
Upvote 0
Hey guys, I noticing a sleep of death problem with my phone with Wifi on. Reminds me of the initial problems Tickerguy had about a year ago.. Is anyone else seeing this?

Mine keeps shutting off and i cant turn it back on unless i take out the battery, my wifi was on whenever it happened.

Yeah this is the problem with the deep sleep listed above in the Known Issues. We should hopefully have this resolved in the next build.

EDIT: I did notice this does happen when Wifi is connected and data stops. As long as pandora is running it's fine. As soon as I stop it and turn off the screen it's done.

Upvote 0
This rocking agps support?

No, however there has been some radical changes to the gps.conf and also some updates to the boardconfig.mk to help with faster locks. I actually used one of the Alpha builds to drive me to a surprise party for my Uncle. I have never been to that house much less that area of town before and it was perfect as I could imagine. Over 3g I believe it took about 5-10 seconds to lock. After that google maps told me where to drive over my bluetooth device while I was jamming tunes. First time I have ever dared to use the GPS on our phone. But it worked perfect and google maps was pretty cool to boot. The drive was over 30 minutes and I didn't loose lock once.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones