• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] MTDEV-CM7 build 2013-03-03

Definatly the 19 build has wifi issues. I could never get it to connect to my network, then it started erroring out enabling wifi. Wiped system and flashed back to the 10 build and wifi works fine.

The problem I have ran into is my WiFi wont stay off. I have tried the widget to turn it off and in the settings. It will turn off but turn back on in a minute or two. This does not hamper the phone when away from the house because 3G will take over once away from my WiFi. But it does drain the battery quicker.

Same thing is happening with GPS as well. Using Build 20120819

Upvote 0
I was running the TG Reloaded ROM with issues, then switched to CM7.2 20120819 and everything seems to be working fine. I see that the button lights at the bottom turn on / off, maybe even flicker, and sometimes short "LOL" texts fail on first try, but I can live with that. EMail, WiFi, Compass, and Battery life seem excellent, though I am a light user.

I have little experience with Phones, but on other equipment I in which I Flash Firmware / ROM / Images, finding the complete "how to" instructions is usually the key. I have read several posts with different things to reset / clear / wipe. It's easy when you have a little experience, but coming from a Phone Noob, it's not, but it has been a fun learning experience.

Upvote 0
Just wondering, since currently the keys don't light up if you can add the keys to the screen like you could on Mantara's CM9 in the tablet tweaks section. Unless this already exists. Thanks

The buttons light up.
By default, they are turned off above a certain ambient light level to save juice, since they are screen printed on the glass and do not need illumination in daylight.
You may change them to however you see fit.
If they don't light at all on your phone, they may be broken/malfunctioning.

Upvote 0
The buttons light up.
By default, they are turned off above a certain ambient light level to save juice, since they are screen printed on the glass and do not need illumination in daylight.
You may change them to however you see fit.
If they don't light at all on your phone, they may be broken/malfunctioning.

Oh wow would you look at that. Thank you lol

Upvote 0
Hey guys, I did some sampling of other problems/issues/questions some people had with this ROM. They include the following:

Wifi - Wifi seemed to worked fine in most cases. At home I cannot connect, but I'm fairly certain that is an isolated issue between my router's firmware and my phone. Wifi in other public locations has worked fine.

Skype - Someone asked about Skype not working. At the time I tested over wifi, I only used a voice call, not video as my battery was running a bit low. Voice calling on skype via wifi worked fine and I had no issues receiving video feed from the other end. However, I can't attest to the video output from my end the the other.

b-kernel - In general benchmarcks with Antutu were a bit higher comparing respective clock/governor/io configs. Battery life was about the same, being slightly better in some cases and slightly worse in others. I had no major malfunctions to report. The one slight issue was that using b_kernel on this ROM was not stable to even the slightest undervolting. Specific questions were asked of the "lagfree" governor. I did not notice a significant difference as this ROM is already liquid smooth. For stability's sake I'd say stick with the default kernel, you certainly won't be losing anything.

theOC kernel - Benchmarks were higher and battery life better but stability was an issue. Testing was short lived when I hit a major road block with the wifi not working... at all. There was an error when trying to connect. I can restore the CWR and run a logcat if anyone is interested. Again, stick with the default kernel, it's great how it is.

Further Testing: I've been waiting to take a hack at the Mokee ROM so I'll be running that for a few days, but if any DEVs want to request more testing with MTDEV-CM7.2 I'd be more than happy to assist. For specific numbers in my testing feel free to message me.

Upvote 0
Just wondering, since currently the keys don't light up if you can add the keys to the screen like you could on Mantara's CM9 in the tablet tweaks section. Unless this already exists. Thanks

I think the tablet settings were removed, but you say your soft buttons don't light up at all? Like a hardware problem? If you could, could you elaborate on this.

Upvote 0
I was running the TG Reloaded ROM with issues, then switched to CM7.2 20120819 and everything seems to be working fine. I see that the button lights at the bottom turn on / off, maybe even flicker, and sometimes short "LOL" texts fail on first try, but I can live with that. EMail, WiFi, Compass, and Battery life seem excellent, though I am a light user.

I have little experience with Phones, but on other equipment I in which I Flash Firmware / ROM / Images, finding the complete "how to" instructions is usually the key. I have read several posts with different things to reset / clear / wipe. It's easy when you have a little experience, but coming from a Phone Noob, it's not, but it has been a fun learning experience.

There's a point that the shift keys turn off to saved battery, I'm looking into weather or not I can apply the responses buffer that the display uses to the keys
S far as ROMing our phone, that's like the one place where Motorola got things right. Our phone send to be the easiest to ROM.

Upvote 0
S far as ROMing our phone, that's like the one place where Motorola got things right. Our phone send to be the easiest to ROM.

As I see it, it's the least they could do considering the cruddy stock ROM they stuck us with & lack of any official upgrades. If the phone was difficult to root/ROM, I think we all would have tossed them through the window a while ago! ;)

Upvote 0
The problem I have ran into is my WiFi wont stay off. I have tried the widget to turn it off and in the settings. It will turn off but turn back on in a minute or two. This does not hamper the phone when away from the house because 3G will take over once away from my WiFi. But it does drain the battery quicker.

Same thing is happening with GPS as well. Using Build 20120819

I think I may owe G60madman and the MTDEV team an apology. I did some testing and believe I discovered what was causing my issues. I believe it all was due to ADW Launcher Ex. I was having the same issue with this ROM as I was having with CM9 (missed calls and SMS) and it seemed to start AFTER I installed the launcher.

I re-flashed the ROM and we will see if things work better.

Please forgive me and my incorrect reporting :stupido2:

Upvote 0
I think I may owe G60madman and the MTDEV team an apology. I did some testing and believe I discovered what was causing my issues. I believe it all was due to ADW Launcher Ex. I was having the same issue with this ROM as I was having with CM9 (missed calls and SMS) and it seemed to start AFTER I installed the launcher.

I re-flashed the ROM and we will see if things work better.

Please forgive me and my incorrect reporting :stupido2:

I don't believe that your WiFi issues are due to ADW Launcher as I have the same problem with WiFi not staying off and I don't use ADW and never have.

Upvote 0
I don't believe that your WiFi issues are due to ADW Launcher as I have the same problem with WiFi not staying off and I don't use ADW and never have.

Since I re-flashed, I have not had the same problem, WiFi goes off and stays off. But, this time I did a Factory Reset/Wipe, cleared the cache and cleared the Dalvik cache, all twice (please don't ask me why :rolleyes:). I never cleared the cache before so that might help too.

Upvote 0
I love it when I find out that I'm working on something that was already done.

For those who want the soft buttons to stop flickering, go to settings--> CyanogenMod Settings-->Automatic backlight--> and the first check box is to put a buffer in the way the phone handles the light sensor. Have fun with that.

a quicker way to do this is go to CyanogenMod settings >interface>status bar tweaks & enable status bar brightness
control. just swipe finger across status bar & soft buttons will light up.

Upvote 0
I am Absolutely Loving this Rom, Great Job to the entire Team, As for all the people with the wifi issue, as buzzcon said if you wipe and clear everything that should be wiped and cleared it should work fine, i installed the 0819 version around 30 hours ago and i haven't gotten a FC or any issues with wifi at all

The only issue i have ever seen anywhere in this rom, and i dont believe its the roms fault, one day i woke up and reboot my phone and it exploded with text messages and missed calls and updates all at once from earlier that day to 3 days ago, and in my room i get full service and 3g, but i just caulked it up to a network issue, since ive never had any issues with any of the other cm7 roms

Again Awesome Job on this guys

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones