1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

[ROM] MTDEV-CM7 build 2013-03-03

1. more2read

more2read Well-Known Member

When I went to load, Bootloader is not loading corectly - just a TopHat logo.
    Has 5 "can't mount / open" lines?

Never had this problem before.

Any hints?
  2. sqwerl

sqwerl Well-Known Member

Just did a full wipe, dalvik wipe and I'm getting the freeze on Motorola splash screen.
  3. calitrippin

calitrippin Well-Known Member

1700 works well until the phone gets too hot, though if you use SetCPU and put a heat profile, then 1700 might be usable
  4. more2read

I got it, pressing the power button to select - wrong. It's the menu button.

"noob"!
  5. calitrippin

Here are the stats, for frequency usage, I know it is only 12 hours, mostly since my phone rebooted, just thought I would put them up since I'll update to the new release

Attached Files:

dsmryder likes this.
  6. dsmryder

dsmryder Well-Known Member Developer

I'm going to check if there were any changes to the kernel, if not I would ask anybody who is testing for me to flash my test kernel also.

Or maybe wait to flash the new ROM. I really am trying to save a few drops of battery life.
  7. calitrippin

I did the normal full wipe, cache, dalvik cach, then installed new rom, gaaps, and the test kernal right now, stuck on splash image, gonna try again and if it doesn't work might try to re download it

edit: problem seems to be the updated rom, I've been having trouble with the usb cable so it might have not fully downloaded on my phone
  8. sqwerl

sqwerl Well-Known Member

The md5 was correct on my download.
    I tried to reload twice without success :(
  9. calitrippin

that's the same thing that's happening to me
  10. calitrippin

I did a full wipe, factory reset, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache, install rom, gapps, but the rom wont get past the splash image
  11. more2read

I wiped in this order, and it booted fine
    wipe dalvik cache
    wipe cache
    factory reset
  12. calitrippin

which recovery are you using?
  13. more2read

14. sikk66

sikk66 Well-Known Member

I always set my clock settings to 122/1401, for some reason in the 09-21 build my setting won't stick after reboot. Anyone else having this issue?
  15. calitrippin

it you make sure you clicked the box for set on boot?
  16. calitrippin

I'm using 6.0.1.2 wonder if that might have something to do with it, no clue why it would just a wild guess
  17. sqwerl

sqwerl Well-Known Member

18. aakyl

aakyl Member

I cleared dalvik, factory reset, and formated /system using CWM and the new version worked fine for me. If you haven't already tried formating /system, give that a try; there could be something old in there screwing it up.
  19. sikk66

sikk66 Well-Known Member

Yes, this is with set on boot checked.
    I know on a previous build sometimes wifi enabled would cause things to not stick so I've tried it both with & without wifi enabled. Nothing will get it to stick. Weird...
  20. calitrippin

just tried adding the extra step of going into mounts and doing format /system on top of doing the normal factory reset, clear cache, clear dalvik cache, didn't change anything still stuck on the splash image
  21. g60madman

g60madman Well-Known Member Developer

Since people are having all kinds of problems I downloaded the ROM from dl.mtdev.us. from my phone. I then installed a nifty free app called MD5 Checker the md5 list the exact version online. I booted into recovery using mantera's 5.5.0.4. I did a wide data / factory reset and then the dalvik wipe. After that I installed the new ROM and gapps and it's hanging up on the motorola screen. I will see what's going on.
  22. sikk66

sikk66 Well-Known Member

I reflashed and my clock settings are sticking now.
  23. g60madman

g60madman Well-Known Member Developer

OK,

I got to finally work after resetting permissions. calitrippin give that a shot and let me know if it works. I think this maybe a problem of moving from CM9 back to CM7 as I changed a lot of permissions in CM9 based on changes for Ice Cream Sandwich.
  24. Chairshot215

Chairshot215 Well-Known Member Developer

Very strange, flashed 4 times on lunch, 3 with mantera's 5.5.0.4 that worked and once with Bsidz v6 recovery that did not work.
  25. calitrippin

I've only been using CM7 so as far as mine goes it isn't from switching between the two, I'll try fixing permissions and doing the rest of installing process as usual and see if that changes anyting

Edit: Tried fix permissions, wipe dalvik cache, wipe case, factory reset, installed rom/gapps as usual, same result of stuck on splash image, is resetting permissions different than fixing permissions? if so how does on do that?