1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

[ROM] MTDEV-CM7 build 2013-03-03

Last Updated:

1. Izzard

Izzard Well-Known Member

using 5.0.2.7 - confirm bootloop at Moto's logo.
    fixing permission did help.

Advertisement
  2. g60madman

g60madman Well-Known Member Developer

You want to reset the permissions after the fact of installing everything.
  3. dsmryder

dsmryder Well-Known Member Developer

It's wierd because I just loaded the ROM and I downloaded it over 3g. I thiught it might of been because I added in the "format /cache" part to it, but it worked for me.

recovery version 5.0.2?.3?
  4. calitrippin

calitrippin Well-Known Member

I actually did it before and after
  5. calitrippin

I downloaded it from my computer, then moved it over to the SD card
  6. Izzard

Izzard Well-Known Member

try to 1. wipe, 2. install, 3. fix permission
    then start, wait for 2 mins, if it bootlooped, remove the battery, back to recovery, fix permission again.
  7. portezbie

portezbie Well-Known Member

I installed the newest update (having come from the last version of this rom) and then did a cache and dalvik wipe and then rebooted.

Everything's been working fine for me all day since then.

Did I just get lucky or something?
    calitrippin likes this.
  8. Squint1

Squint1 New Member

I just wanted to let you guys know that I really appreciate all your hard work.. G60 and MtDev's roms are and have been the only roms I've used.. I love the Triumph, dead or discontinued you guys keep it alive and continuing.. IF and when you guys ever switch phones let us know and I'll change with you.. THANK YOU!!
  9. calitrippin

that worked, wiped caches before and after installing
  10. Prerunner

Prerunner Member

flashed 921 a few hours ago and everything is working good, no problems so far..thank you for you hard work guy's..
    Chairshot215 and g60madman like this.
  11. g60madman

g60madman Well-Known Member Developer

Skuint,

I don't plan on ever leaving the Triumph until I can find another phone that will only cost me $25.00 a month that runs Android. While there is many quality phones out there I can not justify spending a monthly plan that is astronomical like say some phones on Verizon, Sprint, or one of the other large vendors. Virgin Mobile may not be the best service in all the land but it meets my needs and I enjoy it. And while some people bark at customer support they take care of business like my Wife's replacement Triumph which was a brand new in box with charger battery and all.

Sure the Evo is $35 for the plan but that adds up to $120.00 a year which I could spend on my family instead of myself. And everywhere I need hi-speed 9 times out of 10 there is free wifi there, like say a restaurant when I hand my phone over to my son to watch Netflix. So plan on seeing more quality ROM's from MTDEV as I am not going anywhere. My hope is Motorola will follow through and we will all have Jelly Bean with HDMI and Camera and life will be sweet!
    ecarlson, soleen, WooBangrr and 6 others like this.
  12. RolaAddict

RolaAddict Well-Known Member

In all builds of this I keep having the network to drop even while I still have service.Idk if anyone else is having this issue but on my end no matter how many bars I have every so often the bars go from blue to white.When that happens I can't use data,text,or calls.Am I the only one?
  13. dsmryder

Could be pressures with VM, they seem to have been having issues around the country. Just look back a couple of pages. Maybe they're upgrading their system? We can only hope.

And theed bars changing colors is a sign of your data fading in and out. blue means you're connected to google, white means you're connected to VM only.
  14. RolaAddict

RolaAddict Well-Known Member

Well even when I have the white bars I still can't use the network to get online.This happens even when I have 3 bars.I never had this problem on the tickerguy ROM or the mantra CM9 ROM.But yeah I don't doubt VM be f'ing up stuff.
  15. youaregreat

youaregreat Well-Known Member

for whatever reason my phone seems to refuse to boot the latest rom. flashed it a few times, MD5 checks out, yet it just sits at the Motorola screen forever. Flashed back to previous build, boots right up.
  16. skearton

skearton Well-Known Member

Same issue here as above.
  17. calitrippin

lot of people have had that issue, after doing the normal, factory reset, clear cache, clear dalvik cache, install rom/gapps, some people get it fixed by fixing permissions at this point, if it doesn't boot fix permissions again,
    for me after installing the rom doing a full wipe as usual, I cleared cache, cleared dalvik cache, then fixed permissions, and that worked for me
  18. jamesd1085

jamesd1085 Well-Known Member

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/ci/documents/detail/2/motorola-jelly-bean-rebate_en-US the triumph is still on the listed in this moto jb petition...lets all cast our votes if this increases our chances of an update by even 1% i think it would be worth it,dont you?
  19. mattbodin

mattbodin Well-Known Member

20. jamesd1085

jamesd1085 Well-Known Member

If you dont sign you cant complain when we dont...it takes 2 seconds to sign...
    emerald10 likes this.
  21. dsmryder

22. mattbodin

mattbodin Well-Known Member

ok, signed. though i have no delusions to the facts.
  23. youaregreat

youaregreat Well-Known Member

Did a factory reset, wipe data/system/cache/dalvik, install rom/gapps, fix permissions. Still no boot.
  24. Willie Nelson

Willie Nelson New Member

Wipe the cache a second time. After you install g-apps, right before you boot. Working for me.
  25. anonymous420

anonymous420 Well-Known Member

after reading all the problems with the BOOTLOOPS i dont know if i should update yet :D it seems that most of the successful flashes were of the 5.0.2.6 version on CWM am i correct??? Also seems like doing extra wipes of caches helps can any one post a proven method to successfully flash......not very familiar with the TRIUMPH but back in the OV there was certain versions of CWM that will have the option to fix BOOTLOOP is there such a thing on the Triumph?