• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] MTDEV-CM7 build 2013-03-03

OK,

I got to finally work after resetting permissions. calitrippin give that a shot and let me know if it works. I think this maybe a problem of moving from CM9 back to CM7 as I changed a lot of permissions in CM9 based on changes for Ice Cream Sandwich.

I've only been using CM7 so as far as mine goes it isn't from switching between the two, I'll try fixing permissions and doing the rest of installing process as usual and see if that changes anyting

Edit: Tried fix permissions, wipe dalvik cache, wipe case, factory reset, installed rom/gapps as usual, same result of stuck on splash image, is resetting permissions different than fixing permissions? if so how does on do that?

Upvote 0
I've only been using CM7 so as far as mine goes it isn't from switching between the two, I'll try fixing permissions and doing the rest of installing process as usual and see if that changes anyting

Edit: Tried fix permissions, wipe dalvik cache, wipe case, factory reset, installed rom/gapps as usual, same result of stuck on splash image, is resetting permissions different than fixing permissions? if so how does on do that?

You want to reset the permissions after the fact of installing everything.

Upvote 0
just tried adding the extra step of going into mounts and doing format /system on top of doing the normal factory reset, clear cache, clear dalvik cache, didn't change anything still stuck on the splash image

It's wierd because I just loaded the ROM and I downloaded it over 3g. I thiught it might of been because I added in the "format /cache" part to it, but it worked for me.

recovery version 5.0.2?.3?

Upvote 0
I just wanted to let you guys know that I really appreciate all your hard work.. G60 and MtDev's roms are and have been the only roms I've used.. I love the Triumph, dead or discontinued you guys keep it alive and continuing.. IF and when you guys ever switch phones let us know and I'll change with you.. THANK YOU!!

Skuint,

I don't plan on ever leaving the Triumph until I can find another phone that will only cost me $25.00 a month that runs Android. While there is many quality phones out there I can not justify spending a monthly plan that is astronomical like say some phones on Verizon, Sprint, or one of the other large vendors. Virgin Mobile may not be the best service in all the land but it meets my needs and I enjoy it. And while some people bark at customer support they take care of business like my Wife's replacement Triumph which was a brand new in box with charger battery and all.

Sure the Evo is $35 for the plan but that adds up to $120.00 a year which I could spend on my family instead of myself. And everywhere I need hi-speed 9 times out of 10 there is free wifi there, like say a restaurant when I hand my phone over to my son to watch Netflix. So plan on seeing more quality ROM's from MTDEV as I am not going anywhere. My hope is Motorola will follow through and we will all have Jelly Bean with HDMI and Camera and life will be sweet!

Upvote 0
In all builds of this I keep having the network to drop even while I still have service.Idk if anyone else is having this issue but on my end no matter how many bars I have every so often the bars go from blue to white.When that happens I can't use data,text,or calls.Am I the only one?

Could be pressures with VM, they seem to have been having issues around the country. Just look back a couple of pages. Maybe they're upgrading their system? We can only hope.

And theed bars changing colors is a sign of your data fading in and out. blue means you're connected to google, white means you're connected to VM only.

Upvote 0
Could be pressures with VM, they seem to have been having issues around the country. Just look back a couple of pages. Maybe they're upgrading their system? We can only hope.

And theed bars changing colors is a sign of your data fading in and out. blue means you're connected to google, white means you're connected to VM only.
Well even when I have the white bars I still can't use the network to get online.This happens even when I have 3 bars.I never had this problem on the tickerguy ROM or the mantra CM9 ROM.But yeah I don't doubt VM be f'ing up stuff.

Upvote 0
for whatever reason my phone seems to refuse to boot the latest rom. flashed it a few times, MD5 checks out, yet it just sits at the Motorola screen forever. Flashed back to previous build, boots right up.

lot of people have had that issue, after doing the normal, factory reset, clear cache, clear dalvik cache, install rom/gapps, some people get it fixed by fixing permissions at this point, if it doesn't boot fix permissions again,
for me after installing the rom doing a full wipe as usual, I cleared cache, cleared dalvik cache, then fixed permissions, and that worked for me

Upvote 0
Skuint,

I don't plan on ever leaving the Triumph until I can find another phone that will only cost me $25.00 a month that runs Android. While there is many quality phones out there I can not justify spending a monthly plan that is astronomical like say some phones on Verizon, Sprint, or one of the other large vendors. Virgin Mobile may not be the best service in all the land but it meets my needs and I enjoy it. And while some people bark at customer support they take care of business like my Wife's replacement Triumph which was a brand new in box with charger battery and all.

Sure the Evo is $35 for the plan but that adds up to $120.00 a year which I could spend on my family instead of myself. And everywhere I need hi-speed 9 times out of 10 there is free wifi there, like say a restaurant when I hand my phone over to my son to watch Netflix. So plan on seeing more quality ROM's from MTDEV as I am not going anywhere. My hope is Motorola will follow through and we will all have Jelly Bean with HDMI and Camera and life will be sweet!

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/ci/documents/detail/2/motorola-jelly-bean-rebate_en-US the triumph is still on the listed in this moto jb petition...lets all cast our votes if this increases our chances of an update by even 1% i think it would be worth it,dont you?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones