• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] MTDEV-CM7 build 2013-03-03

did you read the reviews?

Well it looks like that means one of the sellers is listing the wrong product, so it depends who you bought it from on Amazon. But besides that it seems like all the other reviews are good, just have to use the app and have a 3.7 or less Android for it to work.

I think I'm going to go with this one unless anyone knows an equally cheap good unit, I'll let you know how it turns out and how well that Kenwood app works! Thanks for all the replies guys :D

Upvote 0
Unfortunately yes, but it is very smooth and works great so I guess there isn't really a need to update it.

Yeah, when chairshot and g60 left, they left the CM7 ROM in a very good working order. I did a couple of things that stuck, many that didn't. I still haven't figured out how to work in the quick settings yet. It doesn't look too hard, but they changed some of the member data parts and it's still a little over my head.

Upvote 0
Actually, if you look at MT Dev File site @ Team MTDEV there is a rom from 07/09/2013. I have been using it and it is very stable. It does force reboot on some games (I get it when trying to boot Candy Crush, but only if the phone has been on for a while or possibly after using other apps before starting Candy Crush. If it is the first app I use after a reboot it plays fine, but if I play any app before it it causes a reboot. Probably due to other apps staying in memory) Definitely overall the best rom I have used for the Triumph.

Reactions: dsmryder
Upvote 0
Actually, if you look at MT Dev File site @ Team MTDEV there is a rom from 07/09/2013. I have been using it and it is very stable. It does force reboot on some games (I get it when trying to boot Candy Crush, but only if the phone has been on for a while or possibly after using other apps before starting Candy Crush. If it is the first app I use after a reboot it plays fine, but if I play any app before it it causes a reboot. Probably due to other apps staying in memory) Definitely overall the best rom I have used for the Triumph.

The way it was explained to me was the phone has different levels of RAM it can dump. The higher level, the more likely it will crash the phone.

Basically if we had more RAM available we could do more because there would be less important things that get dumped. The system isn't smart enough to know that just because something wasn't running at the moment that it wasn't being used for something. Say, like an email fetching service that wants to run soon.

This is what TickerGuy was trying to set up way back when.

Upvote 0
Actually, if you look at MT Dev File site there is a rom from 07/09/2013. I have been using it and it is very stable. It does force reboot on some games (I get it when trying to boot Candy Crush, but only if the phone has been on for a while or possibly after using other apps before starting Candy Crush. If it is the first app I use after a reboot it plays fine, but if I play any app before it it causes a reboot. Probably due to other apps staying in memory) Definitely overall the best rom I have used for the Triumph.

Tried this rom, it has a bug apparently where some numbers on the stock android keyboard are not available (sorry first post can't attach screenshot), a hold produces some other character.

The portable wifi hotspot does work for me on this rom however, it does not on the 2013-03-03 rom.

I got around the keyboard bug by installing hackers keyboard and making it the default.

thanks to mtdev for all your work on this.

if you really want to see screen shot remove spaces and go to

img6 . imageshack . us / img6 / 4918 / zrlw . png

Upvote 0
Tried this rom, it has a bug apparently where some numbers on the stock android keyboard are not available (sorry first post can't attach screenshot), a hold produces some other character.

The portable wifi hotspot does work for me on this rom however, it does not on the 2013-03-03 rom.

I got around the keyboard bug by installing hackers keyboard and making it the default.

Oh yeah, I see what you're saying.
The keys eyuio, corresponding with 36789, don't show their secondary number function at all. never noticed that. I always use swype.

I bet Ryder could pop a fresh, un-f'ed keyboard in there pretty quick... ?

Reactions: mtuser
Upvote 0

Wow, we've been building this ROM for a long time and I'm suprized that has never come up before. At the moment I don't know how the images are applied, but looks like something I might be able to actually do. We'll see what happens tonight. I think it's a slow night for my daughter so I might turn on the workstation:D

Upvote 0
Is HDMI functional on this ROM? Have moved on from the Triumph but want to repurpose it to play old game ROMs on my TV. It's either this ROM or flash back to my stock image.

Thanks.

No HDMI here, but if you have to go back to froyo for that, don't forget these two:

http://androidforums.com/triumph-all-things-root/556382-rom-port-sharp-rom-2-2-2-triumph-updated-12-16-12-a.html

http://androidforums.com/triumph-all-things-root/582999-rom-port-u9000-81-2-2-2-triumph-updated-12-16-12-a.html

Upvote 0
I'm not sure what keyboard we use (Yeah I do, but if you were reading what I have been reading you would know what I'm talking abou) so I'm going to have to make a bunch of these.

On the plus side, I think I know what the problem is. The keyboard is set up to take up a portion of the screen. As such, if the 'drawings' don't fit, they may not get rendered. If I don't get to he builds Sunday, could someone confirm that the problem persists through MTDEV CM7 ROMs? You wouldn't have to load every single keyboard, just maybe the first, then some middle ones. That way if I'm wrong I don't waste too much time.

And oh yeah, I don't have this phone any more so I can't test this out on mine as it doesn't work on JB.

thank you for your time:D

Upvote 0
I think I have made a major breakthrough on CM7. Here's the deal, after reading the candy crush thread and thinking about how I changed the ICS kernel for gaming, I tried to use the same process, but really long story short, it didn't pan out. But, the EGL drivers from the Xperia Play did help a lil bit. So after many failures, I decided to just try the latest PA ICS kernel.

Here is the deal, I play Simpsons Tapped Out, and it seems to be a pretty hardware intensive game. I tried it on 03-03 and it would barely load or play, I tried updating the kernel and it got a tiny bit better. Then I got the CM7 Play EGL drivers and threw them in the ROM zip, with out the kernel, and that made the biggest difference. Then the updated kernel, but that just black screened after Moto logo. So then I reflashed the ROM w/EGL and said F it let's just see what the new ICS kernel will do, since the actual kernel is mostly compatible across platforms, it is the Ramdisk that is OS specific.

Long story short, the game played almost as fast as on ICS.

This was just a very quick run through, and no other testing was done as far as other hardware components. But this may be a game changer for CM7, literally ... lol.

Upvote 0
Ok, so this is an alpha to test, meaning I did not really test anything, except one games performance and 10 minutes of regular before messing with stuff. So I can not compare this with the regular version. Just tested the camera and it doesn't work, so things may not work but I can incorporate things and so on and so forth. Just need feedback on heavy gaming and video performance.

How do you like my disclaimer?

I am putting this out there so that you guys can tell me whether or not I should pursue this.

The only thing I did was change the EGL Drivers and change the zImage in the kernel to the most recent build of my PA ICS kernel, not yet updated on git. I have not gotten around to the Ramdisk of the kernel or anything other than the drivers and kernel.

BSydz-Alpha1_MTDEV-CM7-20130303.zip

Upvote 0
I'm not getting my hopes up, but this is the best news I've heard for the MT with CM7.
Since going from stock to CM7 a few months ago, my performance on the phone has been rapidly degrading in the last two weeks or so.... almost every game or "busy" app forces a reboot.
I was seriously thinking of switching to PA, but now I'm going to wait and see how this new development holds up, and a few more people here install it.

Thank you, BSydz.

Upvote 0
First test keyboard

Sorry it took so long. This one has the popup delay increased. You know, when you hit a key it shows what key was registered? I didn't change the percentage yet. That's going on now. I'll have that up tonight. I hope there isn't anything stupid I missed.

To install

1. Make a nandroid backup!
  2. Open up your favorite root explorer
  3. Remove the latinime apk
  4. Paste the latinime apk from the DL site
  5. Reboot
You shouldn't have to clear cache or set any permissions. I don't have an MT right now so I can't test just yet, but I'm here if you need me.

If you are squeamish you probably shouldn't have ROMed your phone in the first place. This is always experimental!

Reactions: thangfish
Upvote 0
ok ok... :D
anything particular I need to test? I mean I have a game or two but nothing serious.

Lol. I was just kidding. Basically I skipped CM7 so I have no expectations, or any idea of how it runs. Coming from ics it seemed slow at first. Then trying to load the simpsons, or even play, was right at the brink of not being able to. Now the game loads and is ready to play, and window transitions seem faster. I'm just not familiar enough to know how it works. Plus the camera not working may be the key to finally get full cam on ics.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones