• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] MTDEV-CM7 build 2013-03-03

You're rooted, so you can uninstall Gallery if you want to... it tends to want to run in the background too much for me.

If you have a file explorer with root access, you can just delete it, or Titanium backup has an option to uninstall any system app, in addition to others. Just be aware the uninstalling the wrong system app can cause issues.

Oh, I see. I figured there was a way to manually delete it, but I guessed that there were some extra components hidden since its a system app. Thanks man!

Upvote 0
Still having problems with Wifi and 3G about once a week. Sometimes a Permissions Fix will make it work again, but sometimes neither will work until I Factory Wipe, Reflash and Restore data.

I just pinpointed that one cause is uninstalling apps. I had a download running on Wifi and I uninstalled an app and the download is stuck and I can't load any webpages. I know that this isn't the only cause, as I barely ever uninstall apps. It's weird because it shows my signal strength, but won't process the data. Wifi Fix apps don't help. Any ideas?

Upvote 0
Still having problems with Wifi and 3G about once a week. Sometimes a Permissions Fix will make it work again, but sometimes neither will work until I Factory Wipe, Reflash and Restore data.

I just pinpointed that one cause is uninstalling apps. I had a download running on Wifi and I uninstalled an app and the download is stuck and I can't load any webpages. I know that this isn't the only cause, as I barely ever uninstall apps. It's weird because it shows my signal strength, but won't process the data. Wifi Fix apps don't help. Any ideas?

Be careful on that logic (it sounds like you're making a X then Y, therefore Y because X argument.

I occasionally have problems with the wifi, but unanimously, that's caused not the phone. Any 3g/1x problems I've had have been solved by toggling data.

As for Gallery eating resources, haven't seen that.

Upvote 0
I occasionally have problems with the wifi, but unanimously, that's caused not the phone. Any 3g/1x problems I've had have been solved by toggling data.

It's odd because both Wifi AND 3G don't work when it happens. It shows the correct amount of signal bars for wifi, and the 3G icon is shown as normal, but it just seems as if it's not processing the incoming or outgoing data.

I've tried plain reboots, clearing cache (and dalvik), powering off, battery pulls, permission fix, reflashing the ROM without a wipe, using Wifi fixer apps, toggling airplane mode, restoring just the "system" of an image that had no problems, restoring just "data", restoring just "boot", and waiting a day or two. It appears the only thing that will work for me is if I do a full system wipe, then reflash the ROM and restore just the data.

I'm pretty sure it happens sometimes when the screen is off, and (like the last time) when the screen is on. The last time I was browsing the internet with the stock browser looking up stuff about tea, and I stopped to uninstall an app, and when I went back the 3G/wifi were broken. That all occured within about 15 seconds, which is why I believe one cause of it is the uninstalling of apps.

The only things in my running apps list are the Messaging app, Settings, and SwiftKey 3.

Upvote 0
It's odd because both Wifi AND 3G don't work when it happens. It shows the correct amount of signal bars for wifi, and the 3G icon is shown as normal, but it just seems as if it's not processing the incoming or outgoing data.

I've tried plain reboots, clearing cache (and dalvik), powering off, battery pulls, permission fix, reflashing the ROM without a wipe, using Wifi fixer apps, toggling airplane mode, restoring just the "system" of an image that had no problems, restoring just "data", restoring just "boot", and waiting a day or two. It appears the only thing that will work for me is if I do a full system wipe, then reflash the ROM and restore just the data.

I'm pretty sure it happens sometimes when the screen is off, and (like the last time) when the screen is on. The last time I was browsing the internet with the stock browser looking up stuff about tea, and I stopped to uninstall an app, and when I went back the 3G/wifi were broken. That all occured within about 15 seconds, which is why I believe one cause of it is the uninstalling of apps.

The only things in my running apps list are the Messaging app, Settings, and SwiftKey 3.

Any time I have a question I'll backup where I am and flash a fresh known good ROM. If the problem persists I'll go back and continue troubleshooting.

Upvote 0
Any time I have a question I'll back where I am and flash a fresh known good ROM. If the problem persists I'll go back and continue troubleshooting.

I'll be looking into other ROMs to see if the problem is still there. I noticed that when the problem happens, I can't toggle Wifi, Airplane Mode, or 3G on or off in the settings (though I can with the status bar).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones