• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] MTDEV-CM9 build 20130120 [BETA]

Cataulin,

Since this is Alpha there will be many bugs in this ROM. Expect the ROM to become more solid in the weeks to come, however also expect lots of issues as well :D I suppose we could have held off on releasing so soon but I know everyone is wanting some CM9/CM10, including myself. I just ask to be patience with the process. As I am sure you saw with MTDEV-CM7 it went through some rapid development and lots of bugs got ironed out in as little as 15 days. So expect the same here, it just may take a little longer as this is a new animal for MTDEV, and we need to wrap ourselves around the code for a while.

Edit: updated the first post to reflect this

Sorry, Im actually new to flashing rom's I just started last month. so I really didnt see how everything goes down. But damn this is very stable minus those few bugs mentioned by you.

Upvote 0
Also be working on cm10??

Right now MTDEV is focused on CM9. Because CM Team just finalized the code this will allow us to have the most solid release possibe.

I was wondering if it was possible to include the Google Now flash able zip that was released on xda with the rom ?

The plan is to include this in CM9

Two questions. My battery seems to drain a lot fasted, and are u still working on the camera? I saw a post that said Cyanogen was moving to CM10 and not working to much on CM9.

Since this is alpha code we will be working on Battery issues as we move forward. Yes we are focused on the camera and also HDMI as HDMI is now included in the source code unlike CM7. Also this is perfect for us as the CM9 code is stable now, so this means we can edit the code to fit our device.

Sorry, Im actually new to flashing rom's I just started last month. so I really didnt see how everything goes down. But damn this is very stable minus those few bugs mentioned by you.

No worries Cataulin, I didn't want it to come off like a slam. Once we get to Beta you are welcome to post errors, right now there is a lot of things that need to be looked at and fixed. Will get there :D

Reactions: witnessofjesus
Upvote 0
I've downloaded the 08092012 file but my MD5 doesn't match the OP

This is the MD5 sum I get with the file:

805237FFA5E286B9256AD915CD4251FB

Should I re-download?

I may have missed typed as I was copying from another computer window. It should be working fine. I will be releasing another version soon with the stable code now that CM9 is stable and I will make sure to get the right MD5!! :D

Upvote 0
Awesome!!!Yeah I've just had a rough couple weeks was in hospital after busting my head while working on my gf's water pump on her GM so kinda loopy so if I sound like I have no brain then that's why lol.Anyways any help you need I would love to help.I'm not able to DEV cause crappy internet and very old XP computer.But if you need a tester I'm your guy lol.

Ouch! That sucks. Sounds really painful.

Upvote 0
It will probably still be a while. Our code is merged into the stable CM9 code. It is possible it could make it easier, though probably not.

Oh sorry meant to quote treysmith

Nice one although I do think the camera will be fixed much sooner than we all think. The MTDEV guys seem pretty spot on when it comes to implementing fixes into a ROM.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I'm about to test this thing out. Gonna see if there's still any issues with (I'm assuming) the GPU. Since I saw visual artifacts with the MTDEV CM9-RC2 build, I will investigate if I am still getting them on the stable. Then we'll know if this is an issue with our drivers or was just a glitch up in CM9. Unfortunately, I'm guessing it's the former. Just a few days back, I was getting plenty of Chrome crashes and funky graphics on Firefox. I cannot code, but I will look for more issues when I am done with this one. I will get back on this issue shortly.

Upvote 0
I'm about to test this thing out. Gonna see if there's still any issues with (I'm assuming) the GPU. Since I saw visual artifacts with the MTDEV CM9-RC2 build, I will investigate if I am still getting them on the stable. Then we'll know if this is an issue with our drivers or was just a glitch up in CM9. Unfortunately, I'm guessing it's the former. Just a few days back, I was getting plenty of Chrome crashes and funky graphics on Firefox. I cannot code, but I will look for more issues when I am done with this one. I will get back on this issue shortly.

Mike I appreciate you wanting to post issues however we are aware of the problems. Again this is an alpha ROM its going to take us some time to resolve issues please wait till we get to beta :D

Reactions: MikeRL
Upvote 0
Mike I appreciate you wanting to post issues however we are aware of the problems. Again this is an alpha ROM its going to take us some time to resolve issues please wait till we get to beta :D
Ran into a bunch of issues with the Play Store, unrelated to this ROM, of course. However, Play Store issues are pretty random and common, so I will create another FAQ one day for CM9 and include instructions on how to fix these issues when I have time. But there is one issue I do not believe is too obvious... Let me at least see if it's gone in this latest build. The other issues, I know you guys can handle. :) I will wait until beta until I search for any more bugs, however. UPDATE: That GPU does act glitchy in Chrome and Firefox with Google Search. I understand this is alpha, but I will make note of this and see if it's still around when you guys hit beta. I won't look for any more bugs now. Good look to you guys with CM9! As a side note, I will create another FAQ with some new info for CM9 when it hits stable around here.

Upvote 0
Ran into a bunch of issues with the Play Store, unrelated to this ROM, of course. However, Play Store issues are pretty random and common, so I will create another FAQ one day for CM9 and include instructions on how to fix these issues when I have time. But there is one issue I do not believe is too obvious... Let me at least see if it's gone in this latest build. The other issues, I know you guys can handle. :) I will wait until beta until I search for any more bugs, however. UPDATE: That GPU does act glitchy in Chrome and Firefox with Google Search. I understand this is alpha, but I will make note of this and see if it's still around when you guys hit beta. I won't look for any more bugs now. Good look to you guys with CM9! As a side note, I will create another FAQ with some new info for CM9 when it hits stable around here.

I know we have had this issue with all our ICS builds. I remember seeing some other phone have this issue with Chrome, and a dev was able to figure out it had to due with the ICS Adreno Drivers or the lack of. Now I am no developer of Android, but hopefully this information helps our MTDEV team.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones