1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

[ROM] MTDEV-CM9 build 20130120 [BETA]

1. g60madman

g60madman Well-Known Member Developer

NEW FEATURES
    10/23/2012
    ∙ Added back Apollo
    ∙ Fixed Wi-Fi to be instant (NO REBOOT REQUIRED)
    ∙ Major overhaul to device files for stability & speed

Many things have been fixed in this ROM. MMS is now working perfectly, and I have also added back in SuperUser in the latest build if you are coming from the WIP I released on 22nd.

NOTE: If you have every formatted system partition in CWM please go back and install b_randon's ROM and then reinstall gingerbreak. This will solve all issues with SuperUser. When you root your phone it makes changes to the system partition and when you format it, it removed those settings. After doing this MMS worked perfectly for me and I have had no errors in using Titanium Backup asking for permission each time I save an app.

From this point forward I will be focusing on Camera and also HDMI.
  2. rcarter10

rcarter10 Well-Known Member

I'm so waiting for the camera to try this one out, lol
  3. g60madman

You and me both :D the whole reason on the overhaul of the complete device files was to get back to focus on the camera. As stated in other threads I was concerned about left over edits in the code from CM7 that could be causing issues. Based on other Qualcomm phones no one has had the type of hacks we have needed for camera. Also by revamping the device files I have also proven that a lot of fixes where not needed as everything is functioning perfectly (as perfect as the Triumph is) besides the Camera and HDMI.
    borjis likes this.
  4. rdoac

rdoac Well-Known Member

So, should we not format /system when doing a rom update?

Also, is restoring the factory image saved in clockwordmod just after running gingerbreak and installing my first rom good enough to restore superuser? I don't quite know what kind of mods gingerbreak does?
  5. g60madman

I would stay away from formatting system unless you really need to, also you can disregard this post unless of course you are having problems. From what I can tell if you use b_randon's method it looks like that is when problems arise after format of system.

I am not sure what else gingerbreak does so I am not 100%. I am stating all this based off issues I was having from formatting my system partition. Now that I rereooted phone I seem to be OK and have no more errors with SuperUsers, but I have not formatted my system partition either, and don't plan on it unless something happens.
    rdoac likes this.
  6. corance

corance Well-Known Member

I am still having the problem where the screen doesn't come back on during calls after reading it away from my ear. I have to wait for them to hang up. Sometimes the power button turns the screen on but not always. Is there a fix for this?
  7. Inc0gnit0

Inc0gnit0 Well-Known Member

That's weird. I am pretty sure I rooted using the terminal and I've formatted my system partition dozens of times and I am almost positive my phone is still rooted - I can use ES File Explorer and write files to the system folder with no problems. I plan on taking this ROM for a spin in a day or two and I'll format my System partition as I always do just to see what happens and if I have to root again it's no big deal - I'm curious to see what will happen and I'll report back.

ETA: I don't know if it matters but I'm currently using the U9000 ROM. Oh, and come to think of it I installed b_randon's Stock_ROM_SplashImage ROM a month or two ago to test my data speeds on the Stock ROM and then installed CM7 afterwards and it didn't seem to affect root.
  8. g60madman

Sounds good, because I format more than anyone on the forums (trust me) it could just be me having these issues :stupido2:. Since I am doing about 5-10 builds a week and sometimes more my phone gets a lot of wipes. However now that I have finally solved all the 3G issues I will now be using my dev phone to do all my work! Kind of excited since I won't be reloading my daily all the time LOL!
  9. dsmryder

dsmryder Well-Known Member Contributor

Alright, I know there are some settings in this area.
    I goofed up the DEV phone. I need to run a new build and look at the menu myself tonight.
  10. Grumpy Zombie

Grumpy Zombie Active Member

Hey G60, could you still put the cm10 boot logo into this rom still? I'll admit i was a fan of that one... :/
  11. g60madman

Yeah you bet! I will add it to the Todo List. The main goal was to rewrite the device files and get all the hardware working. Still have Camera and HDMI but I still have a list of stuff I need to test out and fix :) Still want to bang on GPS some more to see if I can improve the speed some more. But it's on the to do list now!

[​IMG]
  12. dondon69

dondon69 Member

Will facial rec work once the cameras work?
  13. g60madman

It's in the software already under security. I would assume it should work once the camera is working.
  14. ELMEGADIVO

ELMEGADIVO Active Member

when is the camera going to be working?
  15. g60madman

Check the following post.

http://androidforums.com/triumph-al...-wip-cm9-stock-updated-10-23-12-13am-mst.html

The main and only rule is never ask for ETA’s of CyanogenMod. Once the camera is working it will be working. The camera has been an ongoing process since December of 2011 and is still not working. We are a Team of (6) developers doing this part time. I don't want to come off to harsh, I just want to give you the reality of what you are asking for. If we knew how to fix it, it would be fixed. Be patient and hang tight. If you need a working Camera there is plenty of other quality ROM's to choose from (Froyo, Muiu, CM7, etc...)
  16. dsmryder

dsmryder Well-Known Member Contributor

Like g60 said, just look at how long developement has been going on with this phone and ICS. It started like in January with mantera and went on for quite a while. Now we have the ball and have been running with what we (g60) can find, including where mantera and his group left off.

So, uh. We're working on it.
    g60madman likes this.
  17. fusionice

fusionice Active Member

On a lighter note.. how is battery life for others using this? I feel like having it on INTERACTIVE is causing too much drain. Also I've noticed it goes into Searching for service when it would almost never show on other ROMs I've used.
  18. bidzer

bidzer Well-Known Member

Ditto here, a press of the power button will make the screen come on sometimes. Otherwise, I need to wait for the remote party to hangup.

Thanks
  19. g60madman

Battery seems solid for me, mind you I have been using it for 24 hours but I left it off the charger all night and was down to 85% with gmail, facebook, and words with friends eating data. I have not had any issues with the 3G dropping, just normal low bars based on VM service :) Also I streamed pandora the whole way home from work (30-45 minute drive) and had no issues yesterday or skips or delays which is impressive since I hit 3-4 dead spots on the ride home when switching towers. Just ask Chairshot how many calls we have dropped LOL!
  20. g60madman

I will look into this, maybe kernel related.
    bidzer and dondon69 like this.
  21. dondon69

dondon69 Member

Hey g60 I appreciate what your doing g I love cm7 but I would kill for cm9 with a working camera.
    g60madman likes this.
  22. dondon69

dondon69 Member

G60 when do you think the camera will be done?
  23. fusionice

fusionice Active Member

My battery is on 32% after less than 6 hours of light use (mostly occasional texting)
  24. fusionice

fusionice Active Member

It actually just dropped from 32 to 9% in a matter of minutes of the screen on.
  25. djboi2011

djboi2011 Well-Known Member

bad flash? or maybe bad app? try reflashing