[ROM] MTDEV-UNROOT [final]

Last Updated:

1. g60madman

g60madman Well-Known Member Developer

[​IMG]

README:
    This ROM is Virgin Mobile Froyo 2.2 Stock with Virgin Mobile stock recovery.img. This ROM was created as a means of easily unrooting your phone back to stock by just flashing a ROM.

NOTE:
    This ROM will leave your device 100% stock. You will need to either use Gingerbreak or Terminal Emulator to ROOT your device again after installing this.

Special thanks go out to b_randon14, and mantera

DOWNLOAD:
    MTDEV UNROOT Rom Browser

INSTALL:
    Download ROM and flash through CWM. Upon reboot your phone will be 100% stock and CWM will be removed.

DONATIONS:
    Your donations are very much appreciated. All funds are strictly used to help better MTDEV releases be that website or workstation upgrades for all Team Members
    [​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. Colten

Colten Member

Woo, nice job!
    g60madman likes this.
  3. mistichunter

mistichunter Well-Known Member

ive already knew how to do this. i found it on famous triumph v ideo maker minus5252 website .
  4. g60madman

The difference between this ROM and other ROM's is this also replaces the recovery.img. This saves you the hassle of replacing the stock recovery.img in download mode.
    jimg3081 and djboi2011 like this.
  5. jimg3081

jimg3081 Well-Known Member

Amazing cus if i move on ever i will be selling this phone so this will help u g60 are awesome thanks buddy
    g60madman likes this.
  6. b_randon14

b_randon14 Well-Known Member Developer

Nice! I had thought about doing this to my stock rom but never got around to it!! I suppose you all beat me to it lol!! This is dedinatly a good idea!!
  7. g60madman

Thanks man :) just trying to make the best of all our tools for everyone. The whole reason I made this is so I could flash back to stock with ease.
  8. b_randon14

Yeah I read your returns nightmares. My replacement triumph has weird capacitive buttons lol. They are brighter on one sidr than the other!

But yeah its definatly better if we combine our knowledge!! :)
  9. PieFromTheSky

PieFromTheSky Active Member

This is great, thanks g60! I think I will be using this soon. My Triumph has a dying charge port. Seems to be getting worse by the day. Going to have to call up Virgin Mobile and get a replacement.
  10. g60madman

Yeah dealing with the same issue. My 3rd replacement in 5 days is coming now. I should have just stuck with my bad charge port everything else was perfect with the phone.
  11. sikk66

sikk66 Well-Known Member

hang in there g60, you'll eventually get a good one. I did. I too questioned some of my returns at certain times out of frustration. I was thinking "Well that last one wasn't THAT bad". But I eventually got a perfect one. Well as perfect as a Triumph can be...
  12. Izzard

Izzard Well-Known Member

I have the same copy of stock
    + com.qualcomm.location.vzw_library.jar and gps.conf from Sharp Rom
    + Stock Keyboard with dictionaries.

So it's full stock but better :)
  13. PieFromTheSky

PieFromTheSky Active Member

That does not sound like a good time. I have been told by a Virgin Mobile rep over the phone that there are grade/class A replacements and grade b. I asked for a grade A when I needed to get a new Samsung Intercept and the replacement I got looked brand new. Hope you won't have to have another one sent to you, but if you do see if you can get a grade A replacement.
  14. g60madman

Funny thing is the 2nd replacement was supposed to be a grade A. The guy on the phone said the 3rd one will also be the best of the best. So will see, maybe best of the best is B LOL :rolleyes: Everything with the new phone seems to be fine accept for the button light problems, and it looks like they didn't seal the screen properly where the hard buttons are as it's not flush. I am sure they will get it right :D
  15. dsmryder

dsmryder Well-Known Member Developer

Best of the best of what's left.
  16. b_randon14

Lol yes this is very true! All that's left are defense defective ones lol!! I want a new in box one!!
  17. rcsrich

rcsrich Well-Known Member

Anyone know how to change the phone number displayed in the phone info settings? I used the mtdev unroot zip to get back to stock, then did a factory reset from the factory recovery for good measure, but my number (which has been ported to T-Mobile, sorry to say) is still listed in the device info and I'd rather have it wiped before I try to sell it.

Also, is there any way to get back the Google account setup wizard that usually kicks off as soon as you turn on a new phone?

Thanks!

The sirens call of the GS3 got too strong to ignore. :)
  18. b_randon14

Dial the ##virgin## and go to edit and enter 9 1's for both fields and reboot.
    rcsrich and Inc0gnit0 like this.
  19. RolaAddict

RolaAddict Well-Known Member

Awesome job!!
  20. rcsrich

rcsrich Well-Known Member

Excellent- thanks for the info!

It's going to be sad to leave the MT community & I know the phone will continue to rock, especially when all the kinks are worked out of CM9/CM10. Just couldn't pass up an opportunity to grab something like the S3. ;)

By opportunity, I of course mean the wife saying yes.
  21. dsmryder

dsmryder Well-Known Member Developer

It was by "opportunity" that I was able to get the MTs. At any rate, what are you doing with your MT? We can really use some DEV phones.
  22. g60madman

Sent you an email on this :D
    rcsrich likes this.
  23. b_randon14

I understand! I am tryst mg to Ave for an international gs3! And lol on the wife saying yes part! My wife is like if you cab save it up by all mean buy it!!
  24. rebel69ization

rebel69ization Well-Known Member

That's what i got when they replaced mine, a brand new one in the box:)
  25. xploPR

xploPR Well-Known Member Contributor

Thank You, was looking for an easier and faster way to get stock back on my wife phone, before we send it back to VM.

Thanks again