• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [ROM] n00b (B10 based) VIII.II FULL Install 1/23/2013

Mr Bobo, I have all the updates, camera HD, blk theme, and put the black status bar on it. WOW!!! what a difference, that thing is POPPING!! The rom is running super smooth and I am very happy with it, I know its only been 1 day so far, but it seems very reliable. TY so much for this, I just love my phone now!!

Reactions: MrBobo
Upvote 0
It definatly is stable and smooth and as to the partition i set with rom toolbox i reduced it to 128mb and my launcher loads noticably slower with showing icons im gunna set it back to a gig and see how it works so if anyone else has a lag showing your icons and scrolling long pdfs like i do it may help
Also iswear you have some sort of personal location info somewhere cuz i cant get anything close to local connections on speedtest. Im always gettin witchita ks or somewhere in co

Upvote 0
I just flashed the messaging dark HD .. I can't send pic messages..

This is ironic. I've been sending pic messages to everybody I know with no problem except... everybody I know that has sprint is getting the message and the download button but the pic won't download.

Thanks guys, my apologies, I will have a new one up momentarily with the fix for this, I have confirmed about sprint/non sprint not getting text pictures.

I appreciate your finding this for me!

EDIT: New MMS Link updated in post 3, and here it is, flash in cwm.

EDIT EDIT: Updated full install with working MMS, again apologies to all who experienced issues.

Upvote 0
It definatly is stable and smooth and as to the partition i set with rom toolbox i reduced it to 128mb and my launcher loads noticably slower with showing icons im gunna set it back to a gig and see how it works so if anyone else has a lag showing your icons and scrolling long pdfs like i do it may help
Also iswear you have some sort of personal location info somewhere cuz i cant get anything close to local connections on speedtest. Im always gettin witchita ks or somewhere in co

if it was local to me, it would be Dimondale, MI (central michigan area)

I have just tried speedtest and it def knows where I am.

Make sure you have set it to use gps and wireless in settings/location and security, top two checkboxes.

curios, when you start speedtest does the gps icon come on at the top of your screen?

Upvote 0
12 hours here running noob v. No problems as of yet. Added ram booster and swapper 2. Everything is really smooth and responsive. Only issue I have found is when my phone tries to switch views when I lay it down the screen blacks out. Like it won't swap out.

the ROM sets swap and readahead so I don't know why you would want those apps, you probably want to go into system/etc/init.d and delete the swap script and system/etc/init.d2 and delete the readahead if you are really want to use those programs so there aren't conflicts.

I am not sure I understand the issue, so if you rotate your phone the screen blacks out in between switching between portrait/landscape? You said something aboutlaying it down but I don't understand what that means.

You might need to calibrate your sensor, go to settings/display/calibration.

not sure what would make it "black out"

Upvote 0

One thing to try, I like this app for re-calibrating gps, open it and go into it's settings/toolbox

Another one that is really good is GPSfix

Reactions: UnknownUser1
Upvote 0
Thanks guys, my apologies, I will have a new one up momentarily with the fix for this, I have confirmed about sprint/non sprint not getting text pictures.

I appreciate your finding this for me!

EDIT: New MMS Link updated in post 3, and here it is, flash in cwm.

EDIT EDIT: Updated full install with working MMS, again apologies to all who experienced issues.

Thanks man works great.........;):D

Upvote 0
I'm still having trouble sending/receiving pic messages.... what I'm I doing wrong ??

just to make sure, you flashed the new messaging zip I just posted today?

You may need to delete the telephony dbs, this will delete your messages so back them up if they are important using titanium.

Go into /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony and delete all the files in there.

Reboot into cwm and clear cache, then advanced clear dalvik

reboot, it will take a few minutes to rebuild dalvik and you should be good to go.

Reactions: kingtoxik
Upvote 0
just to make sure, you flashed the new messaging zip I just posted today?

You may need to delete the telephony dbs, this will delete your messages so back them up if they are important using titanium.

Go into /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony and delete all the files in there.

Reboot into cwm and clear cache, then advanced clear dalvik

reboot, it will take a few minutes to rebuild dalvik and you should be good to go.

Thanks... that worked

Upvote 0
Loving this man, running Noob V with Noob Warped Green v2 and this thing rocks lol.... Second day running this and its got to be one of the best looking and smooth running roms I have ever had on any phone. Kudos gentlemen.....:thumb:

shot_000001.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones