• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] [N4] [GNEX] AOKP Purely Merged (Unofficial Nightly)

Hmm, I've never had that issue, I'll look into it... one issue with the lock screen wallpaper right now we're trying to fix, if you have a transparency set on nav and status bars the image behind is the home screen not the lock screen wallpaper... hopefully it'll get fixed soon. The Rom dated the 25th is the newest. Cheers

Cool, I keep the nav bar non transparent anyways.

I've narrowed down the bug a little more. When I'm streaming music on Bluetooth the problem occurs when there is a notification. I'm just unable to turn the screen on at all. I can still adjust the volume or skip tracks using the volume button. When Bluetooth disconnects the screen will come on and everything is normal.

Upvote 0
Cool, I keep the nav bar non transparent anyways.

I've narrowed down the bug a little more. When I'm streaming music on Bluetooth the problem occurs when there is a notification. I'm just unable to turn the screen on at all. I can still adjust the volume or skip tracks using the volume button. When Bluetooth disconnects the screen will come on and everything is normal.

do you have any notification programs installed? Or a2dp Bluetooth helper apps installed?

Upvote 0
I had a major issue when updating today. I was unable to update without a factory reset. Normally when I update a ROM without changing ROMs (CM, PA, etc) I just flash the ROM, gapps, wipe cache and dalvik, and reboot. I tried that when I updated this ROM and couldn't get past the setup screen.

Other than this method just takes too long I can not do a lot of factory resets. Every time I do a factory reset my bank looks at my phone as a different phone. If I do 2 more factory resets I will be unable to receive push notifications from my bank for several months.

Upvote 0
I had a major issue when updating today. I was unable to update without a factory reset. Normally when I update a ROM without changing ROMs (CM, PA, etc) I just flash the ROM, gapps, wipe cache and dalvik, and reboot. I tried that when I updated this ROM and couldn't get past the setup screen.

Other than this method just takes too long I can not do a lot of factory resets. Every time I do a factory reset my bank looks at my phone as a different phone. If I do 2 more factory resets I will be unable to receive push notifications from my bank for several months.

My bank does that too. When you say the setup screen, do you mean the unicorn. Initiating swagger? Usually that means a bad download. This one installed with dirty flash just fine for me... please let me know if you have other issues like this... sorry for the trouble.

Upvote 0
My bank does that too. When you say the setup screen, do you mean the unicorn. Initiating swagger? Usually that means a bad download. This one installed with dirty flash just fine for me... please let me know if you have other issues like this... sorry for the trouble.

No, it booted ok, then the setup screen where you initially enter your google account came up. Tried it a couple times and it was the same result each time. Good to know that you dirty flashed and it worked ok, hopefully I'll have a better result next time.

I've got everything set up again now and it all is working good now.

Upvote 0
It seems that WiFi is working good now.

Is there a way to get mobile data toggle into the quick buttons? Toggle LTE and toggle 2g both off at the same time used to work, but now if they're both off it actually turns them on. (I am not yet using the newest version, but the version after I had the telephony problem)

The signal strength toggle is the mobile data toggle. :)

Upvote 0
I had problems with the phone again today too.

I am going to try stock for a few days to see if that has any problems.

Since I flashed the 25th ROM yesterday I have had my phone lock up twice where I had to hold the power button to force a reboot. Have you had any other reports?

Maybe a different kernel would help? I haven't flashed a different kernel yet on this phone at all.
Yes, it could be the kernel... I always use Franco kernel so, I guess I never experienced this... I'll look into a new kernel source.

Upvote 0
OK... New builds and kernel source within the hour, check link. I think it's fixed, sorry for the problems. :eek:

Edit: PROBLEMS.. :( I'll let you know when the new builds will be up.

Ok, are you still going to recommend the Franco kernel? I flashed it this morning and at some point my SMS stopped working (I could send but not receive) after a reboot it was working fine again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones