1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

[ROM] [N4] [GNEX] AOKP Purely Merged (Unofficial Nightly)

1. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

Cool, I keep the nav bar non transparent anyways.

I've narrowed down the bug a little more. When I'm streaming music on Bluetooth the problem occurs when there is a notification. I'm just unable to turn the screen on at all. I can still adjust the volume or skip tracks using the volume button. When Bluetooth disconnects the screen will come on and everything is normal.
  2. TheByteSmasher

TheByteSmasher Well-Known Member

do you have any notification programs installed? Or a2dp Bluetooth helper apps installed?
  3. chrlswltrs

I use LightFlow
  4. TheByteSmasher

Probably not it... there's a couple of picks I can try but it'll take a few days
  5. chrlswltrs

I had a major issue when updating today. I was unable to update without a factory reset. Normally when I update a ROM without changing ROMs (CM, PA, etc) I just flash the ROM, gapps, wipe cache and dalvik, and reboot. I tried that when I updated this ROM and couldn't get past the setup screen.

Other than this method just takes too long I can not do a lot of factory resets. Every time I do a factory reset my bank looks at my phone as a different phone. If I do 2 more factory resets I will be unable to receive push notifications from my bank for several months.
  6. TheByteSmasher

My bank does that too. When you say the setup screen, do you mean the unicorn. Initiating swagger? Usually that means a bad download. This one installed with dirty flash just fine for me... please let me know if you have other issues like this... sorry for the trouble.
  7. MacFett

MacFett Well-Known Member

Have you used titanium backup to restore your device ID? I don't use a banking app,so I have no idea of this will work or not.
  8. TheByteSmasher

That does work... but I've just been restoring data only Nandroids so generally I don't have that issue so much.
  9. chrlswltrs

No, it booted ok, then the setup screen where you initially enter your google account came up. Tried it a couple times and it was the same result each time. Good to know that you dirty flashed and it worked ok, hopefully I'll have a better result next time.

I've got everything set up again now and it all is working good now.
  10. MacFett

It seems that WiFi is working good now.

Is there a way to get mobile data toggle into the quick buttons? Toggle LTE and toggle 2g both off at the same time used to work, but now if they're both off it actually turns them on. (I am not yet using the newest version, but the version after I had the telephony problem)
  11. TheByteSmasher

The signal strength toggle is the mobile data toggle. :)
  12. chrlswltrs

Since I flashed the 25th ROM yesterday I have had my phone lock up twice where I had to hold the power button to force a reboot. Have you had any other reports?

Maybe a different kernel would help? I haven't flashed a different kernel yet on this phone at all.
  13. MacFett

I had problems with the phone again today too.

I am going to try stock for a few days to see if that has any problems.
  14. TheByteSmasher

Yes, it could be the kernel... I always use Franco kernel so, I guess I never experienced this... I'll look into a new kernel source.
  15. MacFett

I was using the Franco kernel the second time I encountered the problem. The first time I was using the kernel in the ROM.
  16. TheByteSmasher

OK... New builds and kernel source within the hour, check link. I think it's fixed, sorry for the problems. :eek:

Edit: PROBLEMS.. :( I'll let you know when the new builds will be up.
  17. chrlswltrs

Ok, are you still going to recommend the Franco kernel? I flashed it this morning and at some point my SMS stopped working (I could send but not receive) after a reboot it was working fine again.
  18. MacFett

Had that same problem too for the entire weekend, but didn't realize it until Monday.
  19. TheByteSmasher

Yes, I really like Franco. Right now I'm rebuilding my build directory.. :( so new build will have to wait.
  20. TheByteSmasher

I've never had that issue... what network are you guys on?
  21. chrlswltrs

I'm on Tmobile. I didn't know that I was missing messages until my wife called me and asked me why I hadn't responded to her in a couple hours. I checked Google Voice, all the messages where there. After the reboot all the messages showed up at once.
  22. MacFett

Tmobile here too.
  23. TheByteSmasher

Ok... got the build issue figured out.. mms issues should be fixed. I have a poor internet connection so upload will take a while but... New build has: the usual plus Swype beta and I kept nova launcher even though AOKP dropped it.
    MacFett likes this.
  24. TheByteSmasher

Changelog for upcoming build:
    Newest Versions: CMFileManager, Nova Launcher, DashClock, SuperSU
    Added: Swype Beta
  25. chrlswltrs

Is there a way to flash a ROM without all the extra app? Normally I just freeze or delete, but I already have Nova, DashClock, and SuperSU and want to keep the market ones so they stay up to date?