• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] n_i_x's MIUI - "Complete UI Overhaul"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not me. I went down 18% in 30 mins although I'd reset battery stats so it wasn't a fair anyalysis that early in the game. But I also couldn't get Dolphin HD or the stock browser to work without freezing regularly. A few forces closes here and there throughout my travels but not too bad. If I could use the internet I'd keep it but it's back to old faithful for me.

Also tried both of King's kernels and as a last ditch effort, tried fixing permissions from RM. Enjoyed it though. Looking forward to a more solid realease, although some people seem to be doing well already.

Upvote 0
Just wanted to say that my battery life seems excellent since the flash. Is anyone else experiencing this?

A huge yes from me! :D

I am honestly perplexed and pleased with the battery life on the stock kk#1 aosp kernel WITHOUT setcpu. I'm currently sitting at 41% after 13 hours unplugged with my normal usage. This is almost as good as my Virtuous with custom kernel battery life which was the best I've ever seen on my phone.

Another major + and rare for a aosp ROM. Another aosp rarity for the Inc... zero random reboots in 5 days.

Upvote 0
Love this ROM but I have issues.

-Every now and then it will jump to the boot animation, vibrate, then return to the lock screen.
-SD & Phone storage force closes on me
-720P works? I can't seem to access the settings for this...

This ROM is sick and I want it to get polished up SO bad.

Per the usual inquiries :D:

1. Did you do a full wipe in clockwork/amon (factory wipe, cache wipe, dalvik wipe)?

2. Did you try to restore some system data with Titanium backup?

SOmeone over at xda said he got the 720P to work....idk. 720 is available it just does not work at the moment. Check the options, go to your video camera, see where it says "High" in bottom left hand corner (when in portrait mode) tap that. Beware though it will force close and you will not be able to re-open your video camera. But alas, go to your manage applications and clear cache on your camera app and it will be back :D

Upvote 0
Per the usual inquiries :D:

1. Did you do a full wipe in clockwork/amon (factory wipe, cache wipe, dalvik wipe)?

2. Did you try to restore some system data with Titanium backup?

SOmeone over at xda said he got the 720P to work....idk. 720 is available it just does not work at the moment. Check the options, go to your video camera, see where it says "High" in bottom left hand corner (when in portrait mode) tap that. Beware though it will force close and you will not be able to re-open your video camera. But alas, go to your manage applications and clear cache on your camera app and it will be back :D

Did it again and included the dalvik wipe. seemed to have fixed it, but i also didnt install KingKlick kernel #2.

Whats the best kernal to have with this?

Upvote 0
Which Kernal allows you to OC in SetCPU? I've tried Koosh's Test and Adrenalyne's AOSP U/V?

(I'm new to SetCPU so i don't know if I can change settings to allow it to OC. I do know when I was using a Sense ROM I was able to just slide the slider to 1.15 and it was stable. Now will all the Kernals I can only go to 998)
Thanks.

Besides that I love this Rom. I setup the battery to be the little bar up top and its sweet. I wish we could see our Contacts in dialer, but it may not be possible since the dial pad is so large. Still you can minimize the dialer and there is a Contacts button on your right hand side.

i believe the kernel that comes with the rom is kings aosp #1, it allows overclocking. thats what im seeing on mine. this rom is really quick and sharp. my best quadrant run (not that its the end all be all for me using this) was 1871, little quicker than cm6 and ruby

Upvote 0
I just realized there isn't a calendar widget...lame.

Do you want a full calender widget like the whole month? Pure calender is really nice and customizable. Agenda widget is nice as well. My fave is Smooth calender though it it's minimal and simple and only tells you upcoming agenda list. 2 taps on the widget and your in the calender month view.

Upvote 0
I've tried kk aosp #2, koush's aosp, and adrynalynes aosp. The stock kernel kk#1 is the best by far imo and WITHOUT setcpu.

Yeahhh, phone just did the boot animation again. I uninstalled SetCPU. I think it has it does the boot animation when it gets overloaded.

EDIT: Nope, thats not it. Just happened again.

EDIT: Ok a whole new set of problems. I have multiple icons on top of eachother for the same program. The boot animation is happening very frequently now. And it is freezing on me.

Upvote 0
Dang, reloaded today from scratch and still can't get it stable. This time the internet was working ok but constant FC's on google apps/framework. I noticed an XDA tip to stop/start Google sync but that didn't work. Also cleared data on Google Framework and no go.

My 3G signal was virtually non existent even after trying *22899. Pretty much same story with the wireless connection also. Seems like they cranked down the power to the radios.

I'll be giving this one another shot after a major update though, if there is one. I was really wanting it to work.

Upvote 0
Just a quick update; I'm in the middle of moving so I haven't been on much to update this thread. Using my XDA FB files through root explorer doesn't seem to work. If someone could ADB them, they should work, even without the HTC framework.

Hopefully Sunday I'll be all moved in and be able to test the FB on my phone (I'm on another ROM atm), and update the first post. :)

Upvote 0
:( I think I am going to have to officially say goodbye to this ROM until things get fixed.

My constant issues:
-SD & Phone Storage FC
-Random Freeze/Reboot
-Boot Animation popping up a lot
-Apps on SD really screw shit up
-No App Drawer (not really an issue but I just dont get how Apple people live with that)
-Huge lag with Launcher Pro (i paid for it and would like to use it)
-No auto correct or dictionary on keyboard
-Not 100% in English

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones