• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Negalite-Blurom | 2.95.651.5 | Virgin-Mobile/Sprint | Sense/Apex/Nova | Aroma | 08-10-2013

Does v4a sound/work any better as a system app?

RedBear's Evo 3D

Well, that's the only method I used to install V4A (FX & XHiFi). And so far, I've really had no problems. The only major difference is Aroma Installer automates the process now for the FX version.

I still install XHiFi manually though, since that's what I'm currently using now.

Reactions: whbisondtr
Upvote 0
Well, that's the only method I used to install V4A (FX & XHiFi). And so far, I've really had no problems. The only major difference is Aroma Installer automates the process now for the FX version.

I still install XHiFi manually though, since that's what I'm currently using now.

Oh ok. Ill just have to flash it then. Haven't tried it with the XHiFi yet. Gimme something to do today lol.. Thanks

RedBear's Evo 3D

Upvote 0
Oh ok. Ill just have to flash it then. Haven't tried it with the XHiFi yet. Gimme something to do today lol.. Thanks

RedBear's Evo 3D

Two things I should have brought up earlier: According to the makers of V4A, the main purpose of XHiFi is for lossless audio and if you have decent enough headphones to use with it.

You may want to empty your sdcard/VIPER4Android/Kernel folder to avoid files from there being recognized on your music player. Use the IRS Starter Pack (5 Sept) to fix that.

Upvote 0
Two things I should have brought up earlier: According to the makers of V4A, the main purpose of XHiFi is for lossless audio and if you have decent enough headphones to use with it.

You may want to empty your sdcard/VIPER4Android/Kernel folder to avoid files from there being recognized on your music player. Use the IRS Starter Pack (5 Sept) to fix that.

I use these:. http://store.sony.com/p/MDR-NC22/BLK/en/p/MDRNC22/BLK, they handle everything ive thrown at them so far, but haven't really tested them with v4a. But we'll see :)
Thanks for the tip n link, i haven't had any show up but i use poweramp and organized my music into genre folders. Also, if you use poweramp, i noticed if you use an aftermarket skin, itll show srs n beats but not music fx, when using v4a, but if you use stock skin it does.

RedBear's Evo 3D

Reactions: Revenant Ghost
Upvote 0
Yeah a couple times. Haven't flashed 121 yet, but that shouldn't matter huh.

RedBear's Evo 3D

Are you trying to install it by putting the apk in system/app, set permissions, rebooting, opening XHiFi, installing driver and rebooting again?

EDIT: You could try this fix here.

But since you're having issues with XHiFi you could try removing the file "libv4a_xhifi-ics.so" in system/lib/soundfx instead.

Upvote 0
Are you trying to install it by putting the apk in system/app, set permissions, rebooting, opening XHiFi, installing driver and rebooting again?

EDIT: You could try this fix here.

But since you're having issues with XHiFi you could try removing the file "libv4a_xhifi-ics.so" in system/lib/soundfx instead.

No, from the playstore..

Tried the fix but no go.. No biggie tho. Ill flash the 121 in a few n try again.
Edit: tried on 121 and still looping. Oh well, not really needed.. Thanks for the help tho
RedBear's Evo 3D

Upvote 0
No, from the playstore..

Tried the fix but no go.. No biggie tho. Ill flash the 121 in a few n try again.
Edit: tried on 121 and still looping. Oh well, not really needed.. Thanks for the help tho
RedBear's Evo 3D

Oh well. At least the main version of V4A is on there and that should be enough for most people. Sorry about the delayed response. Not paying attention. :eek:

Upvote 0
Oh well. At least the main version of V4A is on there and that should be enough for most people. Sorry about the delayed response since I don't visit this phone's forum that often anymore. :eek:

No problem man... Yeah the sound is still amazing and im more than satisfied lol.. Only difference on 122 is he updated the kernel to 17.9..

RedBear's Evo 3D

Upvote 0
I just dirty flashed r122 and unfortunately my 4G was borked with the updated kernel. Couldn't get it to turn on. Also had issues with 3G, but a couple of reboots cleared that up. In the end I just nandroid restored back to r121.

When i flashed 17.9, on its own, it was set to row. I dont get 4G anymore (not sure why, its a bigger city) otherwise id test it. But i think i heard its better to flash it on its own anyway. Could b wrong tho.

RedBear's Evo 3D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones