• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Nils' Business GingerSense - Android 2.3.3 - Sense 2.1/Some 3.0

Guys, any help appreciated....I'm running Nilse Business Gingersense 3.0 and I have a quick question. In "Task Manager" it's showing that my phone has 412 MB of "Total Memory" and that 319 MB of is used, leaving only 93MB free....This seems like a lot being used and very little left. Does everyone have this issue or do you think it's a glitch with my install. I wiped dalvik and cache but didn't do a factory reset before installing. During install I locked up, had to do a battery pull and ended up flashing the ROM from recovery off of my SD rather than through ROM manager. Everything is working but ROM seems a bit slow to me. Suggestions?
Thanks

Upvote 0
Guys, any help appreciated....I'm running Nilse Business Gingersense 3.0 and I have a quick question. In "Task Manager" it's showing that my phone has 412 MB of "Total Memory" and that 319 MB of is used, leaving only 93MB free....This seems like a lot being used and very little left. Does everyone have this issue or do you think it's a glitch with my install. I wiped dalvik and cache but didn't do a factory reset before installing. During install I locked up, had to do a battery pull and ended up flashing the ROM from recovery off of my SD rather than through ROM manager. Everything is working but ROM seems a bit slow to me. Suggestions?
Thanks

I am not running that rom, but go into Settings, Applications, Running Services and it will list each application/service that is currently running and using memory. You can see what is running there.

Jeff

Upvote 0
I would post this on XDA, but I am do not have enough posts.
I have been using 2.1/3.0 for the past month and love it. I installed 3.0, and could not remap the right Rosie button. I did not have a Rosie Setting app? What am I missing? Thanks in advance, and I will be on to your 3.5 after an update or 2.
Great stuff, keep it coming.

Upvote 0
Got started on this ROM yesterday. Had a few issues (it was my first time!-Virgin!) but got it up and running.
Definitely like all the added stuff and looks and runs smooth so far.
I definitely recommend using Titanium backup and just restoring the apps. Leave all the old data out. I had trouble every time i tried to restore any app data.
I also had issues with restoring my contacts. Caused a lot of FC in the people / phone apps. Had to copy my contacts vcard onto the SD and import them that way. Seemed to work.

All said this is pretty awesome (Props to NIls!). And the terror of rooting and flashing ROMS was minor to overcome - with the help of this forum. THANKS GUYS!

Upvote 0
I would post this on XDA, but I am do not have enough posts.
I have been using 2.1/3.0 for the past month and love it. I installed 3.0, and could not remap the right Rosie button. I did not have a Rosie Setting app? What am I missing? Thanks in advance, and I will be on to your 3.5 after an update or 2.
Great stuff, keep it coming.
You didn't miss anything. I have not yet included that in the 3.0 ROM

On the todo list

Upvote 0
I am very new to flashing ROM's so maybe this is a newbie question. When I go into Clockwork Mod and try and install the .zip file from the SD card, I get a message telling me that "Amend scripting was deprecated by Google in Android 1.5 and then giving some instructions about how to re-write my package for comaptability.

I did a search for "amend scripting" to see if anyone else has reported something like this .. but I didn't see anything.

Anyone got any ideas? I'm sure it's user error.

I see the installation instructions say I need Clockwork Recovery Mod 3.x. My version says 5.0.2.0, and is the same version as listed here: http://www.clockworkmod.com/recovery_images.html

UPDATE: I found the 3.5 version of the ROM and it worked great.

Thanks,
Chris

Upvote 0
I'm running this ROM now. Having some problems though. I really can't go more than 12-24 hours without either a random restart or a complete freeze of the system. It's happening with both apps open or simply on a home screen, usually requiring a battery pull.

It was my first ROM to flash after rooting. I think I may start over with it before giving up on the ROM and moving to another, cause after I installed it I imported all my apps and their data (not system data) in one shot and wonder if that had something to do with it.

If I were to restart from scratch, should I Nandroid what I currently have, or just keep the backup of the Stock OS I made just a few days ago when I first rooted and flashed.

Upvote 0
I want to love this ROM so bad. I have flashed it twice. Both times with full wipes. It is a bit slow and laggy. Also have lots of SU permission problems and SU force closes. I do not use TB. I reinstalled everything manually from market each time. I tried the settings to help speed it up, but it didn't help much at all. I flash back to stock 2.2 rooted and everything is great.
Not sure what to try. It is a beautiful ROM, and if not for those issues, i would keep it.

Upvote 0
ROM works great so far. On my third day with absolutelty no problems. I did a full wipe and installed my apps manually from the market. I think that the problems people arr having with this Rom are from apps they are downloading. The only thing i noticed is that some of the camera effects don't work. Other than thay, great Rom. Also, I didn't update my radio or clockwork, and everything seems fine.

Upvote 0
On my second week of the Rom. So far I've had the following problems: snooze wont work on the alarm clock, when i plug into car charger it won't always work. Usually if i do a battery pull then plug it back in, it will work, and finally battery life. I do love.this Rom, and will continue to use it even though I have to charge half way through the day, with moderate to light use.

Upvote 0
On my second week of the Rom. So far I've had the following problems: snooze wont work on the alarm clock, when i plug into car charger it won't always work. Usually if i do a battery pull then plug it back in, it will work, and finally battery life. I do love.this Rom, and will continue to use it even though I have to charge half way through the day, with moderate to light use.
Snooze works fine. Are you pulling the snooze button to the ring?

Upvote 0
Installed this ROM a month ago and love it. I went out and bought a new Bionic and ended up returning it because this was every bit as good.

Thanks for the great work! My phone looks good and runs FAST, smooth and pretty.

Oops, after some time the phone started shutting down, dialer became unresponsive and apps were force closing... This one looked nice but I'm back to my old standby, Virtuous.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones