• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Number Two (#2) v3.0.1 {ZVE}

The rom comes with the tweak labeled as "Rom Default"...

I could not have made that any easier for you guys to understand lol

and flashing all 3 does nothing.. you'll just be left with the last one you flashed, the installer script deletes the old and adds the new everytime you flash it...

and i mean it's pretty obvious that you can use only 1 at a time because otherwise it would just all be in the rom instead of uploading 3 different .zip files.. lol

sometimes i wonder about you guys lol READING is something you learn before you ever knew how to root android.. lets not forget that 1 simple step ;)

but i still love ya all!! haha

I hate to say it but my 11 year old read this and was laughing. He said even he understood the updates. I bought him a preowned esteem and he has read this entire thread and flashed everything without asking me any questions. He just follows the directions.

Upvote 0
I hate to say it but my 11 year old read this and was laughing. He said even he understood the updates. I bought him a preowned esteem and he has read this entire thread and flashed everything without asking me any questions. He just follows the directions.

Hahaha.

Not pointing out any one person but i just don't get how people mess up or don't understand these things some times. Especially if you tired your phone and flashed cwm yourself. If you did that then you know how the ish works.

If you really have no clue then that's obviously understandable.

Honestly i still think some of it boils down to laziness. Why do it yourself when you can get some one to do all the work for you and give you a picture of every single step. This happens a lot.

Oh well. :D

Reactions: GTurn
Upvote 0
lol yeah i was having an 'ehhh' kinda day yesterday and then after work started reading all the comments on here and was just like 'wtf?' haha, i mean i make it easy enough already providing all the proper wiping scripts in the flashable.zip's and explaining the changes made from one to another :D

that being said.. i appologize if i came off a lil rude with that comment last night, i know some of you truley have no idea what goes on in most of these scripts so it's understandable :D it was just one of those days.. lol

Upvote 0
reset internal sd....used ez wipe....reinstalled 2.0 rom....charged battery to 100% and 3 hours later.....dead....peice of shit phone....might i add to the equation that this happens no matter what rom....even bone stock before i did anything....phone didnt even want to charge when i first got it....this is my 3rd esteem and by far the worst....others didnt do this on battery life at all
im sorry you are having these issues with your device, but it sounds to me as if you have either a bad battery or device.. i know your not blaming the rom and i appreciate that, but like fuzzy stated if this is just an all out complaint on the device, maybe you should have posted it elsewhere.. lol personally im not bothered by this.. but the moderators may think defferently about a 'post' such as this.. so just be careful what you say where you say it ;)

Upvote 0
I think other people will agree when I say 2.1 is the best out of any of the versions. Better than the last best version which was 1.9.1.

I say no more tweaks unless it's something that is obviously distinctively better than 2.1.

2.1 with the tweaks option of performance or battery is just perfect. It's 3 different badass roms.

I think you've finally got it L. :)

Reactions: divagirl
Upvote 0
I think other people will agree when I say 2.1 is the best out of any of the versions. Better than the last best version which was 1.9.1.

I say no more tweaks unless it's something that is obviously distinctively better than 2.1.

2.1 with the tweaks option of performance or battery is just perfect. It's 3 different badass roms.

I think you've finally got it L. :)
Agreed :D i was actually contemplating on releasing the 'tweak options' for a while but i wanted to make sure there was a Major enough difference between them all lol

Reactions: divagirl
Upvote 0
ldrifta said:
Agreed :D i was actually contemplating on releasing the 'tweak options' for a while but i wanted to make sure there was a Major enough difference between them all lol

I think the combination of starting over with 2.0 and adding the 3 tweaks has actually out the ROM inn it's final stages of completion.

The only thing you can really do to make it better is make the 3 tweaks better than what they are, if that's possible.

I think the whole experimenting with all the other tweaks from before should just be left alone and focus on these 3 that are actually doing something that can be noticed.
My thoughts at least :D

Upvote 0
max25002 said:
Can any of u guys recommend which all should I use ?

Does anyone ever get a correct answer with an opinionated question?

You have 3 choices from which it takes less than 5 minutes to switch between them. Why not just do it yourself? Have we not learned that each persons opinion is usually different when it comes to the next?

Just flash it and find out which one you like!

Upvote 0
my bad....sorry if i offended anyone on my last post....didnt intend to....just frustrated with this particular phone....this rom has def helped....i did a complete wipe of internal sd and sd card as well and reinstalled rom last night.....got 10 hours on my extended battery today with phone not being used all day....thats pretty good for me actually!!

Upvote 0
my bad....sorry if i offended anyone on my last post....didnt intend to....just frustrated with this particular phone....this rom has def helped....i did a complete wipe of internal sd and sd card as well and reinstalled rom last night.....got 10 hours on my extended battery today with phone not being used all day....thats pretty good for me actually!!

I can understand your frustration but there something wrong with the phone try to return it on an extended battery I get about 18 hours with continuous use you know texting few calls web browsing screen on almost the whole time with minimal use over 24 hours so make sure your phone is working right

Upvote 0

Curious? What is running when you go to settings/applications/running services? Also, do you have a screenshot of your battery meter at 10hrs?

I love this ROM because of the greatly improved performance of both the phone and the battery.

Btw, I have always wondered how long my phone would last if I didn't use it... Not disciplined enough for that! Lol! :D

Upvote 0
I flashed the battery tweak this morning, just to see. Couple of force closes in dolphin & some lag at the dialer. Going to try 2.1 tomorrow.... Love the performance tweak, can't tell the difference in battery. Will probably land on the performance tweak.

This is my battery meter for today. I would call this high use. It includes the download of CM9 pre alpha. So in addition to normal use, I pulled a 127mb ROM.

3500mah battery, #2. Esteem ZVD. I don't have a wifi connection, so all is done via 4g. I hear wifi is better for battery, but I have no practical experience with that.
Hope something is useful there...

Attachments

• screenshot-1342131057918.png
    screenshot-1342131057918.png
    108.4 KB · Views: 82
Reactions: LDrifta
Upvote 0
omg... the 2.1.... is.. ah-maze-ing!!!! this is what im talking about.. it runs extreamly fast and very very snappy!! i thought i overclocked it for a second ;p lol omg Ldrifta.. this is the best one yet!!!! i flashed it today and i felt the difference.. idk how you do it but you have a gift my friend!!! keep it UP!!!:dancing2:

Reactions: LDrifta
Upvote 0
Does anyone else only get 4g and not 1x or 3g. I actually have never had 3g to show on this phone but I did have 1x before when I got out of a 4g area. For some time now I have either had 4g or nothing.
It started when I started using the first version of this rom. That may be a coincidence though.
Mine has switched between them all at one time or another. Hey maybe you are just in a good area that gets 4g all the time :congrats:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones