1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

[ROM][OA]2.3.20 [Final] [EXT4 + RFS] [Updated: 09/23/12]

1. KageBeast

KageBeast Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

First off this is Spz0's rom not mines.

For cwm 5.0.2.7 flash the non-oc one and for 5.0.2.8 flash the oc one

Here's the link for the overclocked version [LINKS IN THREAD ARE DEAD]: http://androidforums.com/vitality-all-things-root/587613-rom-cwm-oc-kernel-oa-2-3-20-final-cricket-mpcs-updated-09-23-12-a.html

Here's the link to the non-overclocked version [LINKS IN THREAD ARE DEAD]: http://androidforums.com/vitality-all-things-root/614099-rom-oa-2-3-20-no-oc-rfs-final-lazy-cpu-userbase-updated-09-08-12-a.html

New Links are posted Below

Here's the OverClocked version (Uploaded by BenSol). : OpenAndroid 2.3.20 EXT4 + MMS FIX + CWM 5.0.2.8

Here's the NonOC version (Uploaded by Dealerman) OA2.3.20-FINAL-RFS-800[FINAL]-Spz0 - Download - 4shared - the dealerman

Here are the main features :

• Android 2.3.6 OS
    • Overclock kernel @ 900Mhz (adjustable w/setcpu)
    • init.d support
    • EXT4 filesystem
    • Busybox runparts pre-installed
    • Pre-rooted
    • Bloatware Free
    • Deodexed
    • Mobile AP (hotspot) and USB Tethering
    • Significant Battery Usage Improvements
    • Framework Performance Tweaks
    • Custom UI
    • Boot Animations Unlocked (..to /data/local/)
    • Camera Button Restoration
    • CRT off Animation Unlocked
    • Reboot/Recovery Power Options
    • Data Connectivity Performance Tweaks
    • Up-to-date Google Apps
    • ICS Gallery
    • ICS Music
    • Custom Phone.apk
    • Busybox Installer
    • Holo Launcher Integration

Installation: For MetroPCS users on cwm 5.0.2.8
    • Download CWM5.0.2.8 (Skip if you already have 5.0.2.8 installed)
    • Download OA2.3
    • Download OA-MPCS-MMS-Config-FIX.zip
    • Boot to Recovery
    • MAKE A BACKUP
    • Choose Install zip from SDCard
    • Choose CWM-5.0.2.8-Standalone.zip (Skip if you already have 5.0.2.8 installed)
    • Go back to Main Menu (Skip if you already have 5.0.2.8 installed)
    • Go to Advanced (Skip if you already have 5.0.2.8 installed)
    • Choose Reboot Recovery (Skip if you already have 5.0.2.8 installed)
    • Once rebooted, Choose Install zip from SDCard
    • Choose zip from SDCard
    • Flash OA ROM
    • Once flashed, flash the MPCS-MMS-Config-fix.zip
    • Reboot (may reboot to recovery again. If so, just reboot again.)
    • Wait
    • Profit!

This folder contains the ext4 version, the mms fix and cwm 5.0.2.8. : OpenAndroid 2.3.20 EXT4

Installation: FOR METROPCS USERS on 5.0.2.7
    • Download CWM5.0.2.7 (Skip if you already have 5.0.2.7 installed)
    • Download OA2.3
    • Download OA-MPCS-MMS-Config-FIX.zip
    • Boot to Recovery
    • MAKE A BACKUP
    • Choose Install zip from SDCard
    • Choose CWM-SuigintouLain.zip (Skip if you already have 5.0.2.7 installed)
    • Go back to Main Menu (Skip if you already have 5.0.2.7 installed)
    • Go to Advanced (Skip if you already have 5.0.2.7 installed)
    • Choose Reboot Recovery (Skip if you already have 5.0.2.7 installed)
    • Remember that stock backup you made before upgrading to the EXT4 version? You did make one, riiight????
    • Choose "backup and Restore" then restore that backup you made.(Skip if you already have 5.0.2.7 installed or are on a stock ROM)
    • Once backup is restored, Goto "data/factory reset"
    • Next goto "mounts and storage" then "format system"
    • Once that is done, go back and Choose Install zip from SDCard
    • Choose zip from SDCard
    • Flash OA ROM
    • Once flashed, flash the MPCS-MMS-Config-fix.zip
    • Reboot (may reboot to recovery again. If so, just reboot again.)
    • Wait
    • Profit!
    **note: if MMS does not work, start up APNBackupRestore (preloaded) and restore the APN OA-MetroPCS-APN-FIX.xml. Reboot.

Advertisement
    calebsb, pcwebiz, Schmohawk and 14 others like this.
  2. Spz0

Spz0 Well-Known Member Developer

Attached Files:

3. blaze420916

blaze420916 Well-Known Member

Great piece of work bro, looks and runs great. Had the annoying yellow triangle but as I recall there is a zip somewhere around here to take care of that. But again beautiful work. Maybe more roms from the vitality could transfer over to the admire...
  4. Boraichee

Boraichee Well-Known Member

I put up a zip. If you have a back up of monster 5 you should be able to restore just the boot.img
  5. blaze420916

blaze420916 Well-Known Member

I was looking for that was that the ridofskid zip? I have a 5.3 back up will that work?
  6. SacredBloodlin

SacredBloodlin Well-Known Member

Two words: Bad. Ass.

Flashed it last night, and waited the necessary time between each step to assure I would not get a 492 error. I also have my own APN file I use to make sure I get MMS working on all roms for the nTelos network so I skipped the last step. Nevertheless, this is an amazing rom. With all due respect to aboat and the other devs, this has to be the best feeling rom I have used. I don't think its COMPLETELY themed to ICS, but its definitely good enough for me. Everything is smooth, looks great, and until I start opening my apps, its fast.
  7. aaronmy

aaronmy Well-Known Member

very fast and smooth
  8. MetroNoob

MetroNoob Well-Known Member

I love it, It's smooth and everything. Not Interested in the theme but I can let it slide ^_^
  9. Spz0

Thanks ppl. Glad you all dig it :) I'm just glad I figured out the mpcs port. Again, thanks to kagebeast for the Guinea pig action :-D
    It's not an ics theme by any means, it's my OA flavor that I overlay on most my roms. I just stuck a few ics apks in because, well, they look better than the stock.

Cheers.
  10. MetroNoob

MetroNoob Well-Known Member

It's Fast and Smooth plus my 3G is Better on this Rom! :D
  11. i really like this... its smooth... theres no flaws ..... everything works.... :)
  12. KageBeast

KageBeast Well-Known Member

Well i really wanted this rom so i had no choice lol
  13. lalo90

lalo90 Well-Known Member

question is this kernel diff from reqs??? or the same. would it matter if flashed with reqs???
  14. Spz0

Yes it is different.
    If you flash req0's kernel on my rom you will break data, wifi, bt and maybe other things
  15. lalo90

lalo90 Well-Known Member

k flashed the op kernal and reflashed the rom thx
  16. jpizle

jpizle Well-Known Member

So im running monster 5.3 do I just flash right over it. Or do I wipe everything? And where do I get this new kernel
  17. Spz0

As long as you're on cwm5.0.28 just flash right over, no need to wipe. New kernel is built into the rom zip.

Cheers
  18. jpizle

jpizle Well-Known Member

Running it now! Loving it so far fast and smooth as butter
  19. jpizle

jpizle Well-Known Member

This is the first time I've got 492 error on playstore how do I fix
  20. SacredBloodlin

What I have been doing the last few days is reflash without wiping, then after flashing go in and wipe all caches but not data or anything. When you reboot, DONT TOUCH IT!! Let it sit for at least 20 mins. Then log into Google and let it sit another 20 mins, then go into Play Store and accept the terms but dont even search for anything for another 20 mins. After that, try updating an app. Usually Super User and Google Search always need updating.

Sometimes it doesnt work for me, so I go back and wipe everything three times and try again.

The error apparently appears when you don't let the dalvik cache build long enough before doing anything.

Good luck :)
    jpizle likes this.
  21. jpizle

jpizle Well-Known Member

I thought I did all that but will try again
  22. SacredBloodlin

You have to make sure it sits a while. I did this earlier today with my wifes Admire and performed each step at the 20 min mark, but it still didn't work so I went back in, wiped everything three times and then tried again, only this time I had the time to let it sit at each step for like 45 minutes. I finally just tried downloading an app and it worked fine.

If you have the time to let it sit for a long period, go for it. Grab a beer, make a sammich and play come Call of Duty or something and go back to it. Once it works fine, you won't be disappointed at this rom, its amazing :D
  23. jpizle

jpizle Well-Known Member

Oh I'm loving the rom already how can I get the picture frame widget back I looked in my titanium backup but couldn't find it
  24. Spz0

492 error can be solved by just flashing the rom again.
    Im not too sure what causes it, but it coincides with the "can't mount /cache/recovery/...." error in CWM.
    For me at least, a simple reflash solves the issue.

Hope that helps.

In regards to the picture frame widget, that is an android stock Gallery3D feature. If you install gallery3D, you'll get that function back.
  25. Diego1593

Diego1593 Well-Known Member

Can people post pictures of the rom?