• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][OA]2.3.20 [Final] [EXT4 + RFS] [Updated: 09/23/12]

Thats strange. Under the upload settings page, make sure to use edify scripting, and the type is MTD. Dont **** with anything else on that page.
Any subsequent page where there is an option to choose "hdpi or mdpi" make sure MDPI is selected.

I've tested 4 different types of flashes from uot, ranging from icon changes, lockscreen, statusbar, fonts and bootanimations. All flash without a hitch.

I know. I've flashed uot before so i've never messed with anything on that file upload page and the changes still don't go through

Upvote 0
I know. I've flashed uot before so i've never messed with anything on that file upload page and the changes still don't go through

I had the same issue. I mounted system and data, flashed, and only battery mod would stick to status bar/panel. I manually pushed SystemUI.apk and framework-res.apk to /system with adb. While they're in /system change perms with your root browser of choice, I love root browser. Make sure they're both set to rw-r-r. Now move them to their proper folders and confirm overwrite. If you don't set perms while they're in /system you could risk boot loops, not to be confused with fruit loops. Hope this helps all you guy's UOT woes. :D

Reactions: JesseBanks
Upvote 0
I had the same issue. I mounted system and data, flashed, and only battery mod would stick to status bar/panel. I manually pushed SystemUI.apk and framework-res.apk to /system with adb. While they're in /system change perms with your root browser of choice, I love root browser. Make sure they're both set to rw-r-r. Now move them to their proper folders and confirm overwrite. If you don't set perms while they're in /system you could risk boot loops, not to be confused with fruit loops. Hope this helps all you guy's UOT woes. :D

If a manual push works, this tells us that either systemui or framework-res is not flashing over. If you learn about edify scripting you can probably fix your scripts to work.

Upvote 0
I am noticing that now and then my 3G gets turned off. Not like my phone is disconnected, like I have to go in to the Wireless and Networks settings and then to Mobile Networks and physically enable 3G Data, and even then sometimes I don't show 3G even though data is enabled. Also, I have to reboot my phone a lot. Sometimes when I use the camera and the screen locks, when I unlock it and try to close the camera, it freezes and takes FOREVER to force close so I say eff it and just pull the battery. Sometimes the phone just gets really slow so I reboot it to clear things up. Any ideas as to the cause of it?

Upvote 0
If a manual push works, this tells us that either systemui or framework-res is not flashing over. If you learn about edify scripting you can probably fix your scripts to work.

After looking at the updater script of UOT it's calling busybox from /sbin when my installation has it at /system/xbin. Thanks for pointing me in the direction of the script! I recently flashed this ROM and everything is working now. I had to bump the processor down to 850Mhz, it was buzzing and acting funny. So far it feels a lot faster than rfs. Apps seem to open faster and UI is smooth. Thanks for the awesomeness! :thumbup:

Upvote 0
Hello all fellow admirers...
I registered here to post that this ROM has saved me from smashing my admire to pieces. The notification volume was extremely low. I returnd my first model thinking it may have been a hardware defect but the new one was exactly the same. Whenever I would get a text message, it would ring @ 25% volume and I would miss text after text (this thing dont even have an LED reminder) After two months of research and many hours of reading system files looking for the cause I decided to try this rom out. That still did not fix my problem BUT when I installed the BEATS mod, tada my volume was fixed! I am very pleased now and wanted to thank everyone who contributed to this rom and any mods that go along with it. Keep up the good work!

Now...if we can just find a way to get tethering to work again under 2.3.6 I think absolutely everything will be working 100%

P.S. I have been an android user for over two years and I know every menu like the back of my hand. I know for a fact that this fixed my audio issues as I have made custom themes for my original Droid and I know how the OS works. I am not the only person who has had this issue with notification volume, so if you ever come across someone with this issue, point them to this rom w/ BEATS audio mod and they will be very happy :)

Upvote 0
Hello all fellow admirers...
I registered here to post that this ROM has saved me from smashing my admire to pieces. The notification volume was extremely low. I returnd my first model thinking it may have been a hardware defect but the new one was exactly the same. Whenever I would get a text message, it would ring @ 25% volume and I would miss text after text (this thing dont even have an LED reminder) After two months of research and many hours of reading system files looking for the cause I decided to try this rom out. That still did not fix my problem BUT when I installed the BEATS mod, tada my volume was fixed! I am very pleased now and wanted to thank everyone who contributed to this rom and any mods that go along with it. Keep up the good work!

Now...if we can just find a way to get tethering to work again under 2.3.6 I think absolutely everything will be working 100%

P.S. I have been an android user for over two years and I know every menu like the back of my hand. I know for a fact that this fixed my audio issues as I have made custom themes for my original Droid and I know how the OS works. I am not the only person who has had this issue with notification volume, so if you ever come across someone with this issue, point them to this rom w/ BEATS audio mod and they will be very happy :)

This rom is 2.3.6 and comes with the original Mobile AP app, I have it and use it all the time. :)

Upvote 0
So the browser on Oa gives me troubles sometimes and I have to reboot to fix. It freezes and wont load pages. So I was wondering if I delete the browser and put metroweb back will tbe home dock know to go to metros browser? Also small bug in te volume settings the media volume gives you the alarm sound instead. that doesn't mess with anything just reporting it. and also what system apps are safe to delete, like is busybox necessary? i know its needed for rooting sometimes but other than that i dont use it.

Upvote 0
So the browser on Oa gives me troubles sometimes and I have to reboot to fix. It freezes and wont load pages. So I was wondering if I delete the browser and put metroweb back will tbe home dock know to go to metros browser? Also small bug in te volume settings the media volume gives you the alarm sound instead. that doesn't mess with anything just reporting it. and also what system apps are safe to delete, like is busybox necessary? i know its needed for rooting sometimes but other than that i dont use it.

You could always use something better like Opera Mini or Dolphin Mini. I say "mini" because they take up less space. My wife was using the stock OA browser and all of a sudden it stopped working so I put Opera Mini on it and now she has a working browser.

Sent from my Admire running OA2.3 by Spz0

Upvote 0
You could always use something better like Opera Mini or Dolphin Mini. I say "mini" because they take up less space. My wife was using the stock OA browser and all of a sudden it stopped working so I put Opera Mini on it and now she has a working browser.

Sent from my Admire running OA2.3 by Spz0

i dont have anything agaisnt the metro browser and i actually like it lol but ill stick with the browser for now until it gives me troubles. then ill give dolphin mini ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones