(Rom){ODIN} Froyo ~~~That does not Brick! Downgrading Is Fine :)

1. BH_MAN

BH_MAN Well-Known Member

Caution!!! You Must be on STOCK Vibrant Rom & NEVER Have Already Flashed the JP3 Froyo Image

Okay, Now with the Caution Posted, Lets Begin with the Froyo that Don't Brick ;)

I have Tested this 5 Time's to Make Sure! Only install What I Post!

First,
    You must already Have Odin installed & Know how to boot into Down-loader Mode!!

Do Not Select Repartition In ODIN Flasher
    Second,
    Once Odin had Done Flashed, & you are in Recovery Mode you will not be able to Access anything & need to be at a Computer with Samsung Driver's installed & a working SDK pre-installed..

Side note: you will get an error in recovery, Don't be worried!!!! Ignore this!

Third,
    Un-plug the USB From Computer ( Not Phone ) wait 5 seconds and Plug back in! To make sure the computer see's the Device ;)

Fourth,
    Open a CMD Prompt & type:
    Froyo with Downgrading back to Stock Possible:
    Download here > EUGENE373_SamsungS_Froyo_PDA.zip
    *Stock Froyo with*
    ~ Root
    ~ SuperUser.apk
    ~ Build.prop now Correct
    ~ Defualt.prop Also Correct
    *Issue's
    Volume Key are Reversed

*Not working*
    ~ Rom Manager via reboot to Recovery!
    ~ Selectable Menu in Recovery
    ~ 3.5 Head-jack
    ~ Hot Spot Tethering

Advertisement
    tRodHxC, kbohip, spiz and 2 others like this.
  2. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

Ah so my assumption was right you would be the first to get froyo on board. You sir are effing awesome!

is this based off of the galaxy S froyo build or an htc build?
  3. yatimameiji

yatimameiji Well-Known Member

I take it those things that are not working are mostly due to the kernal version correct? I haven't taken a look at the source they posted on their site, but does it have everything needed to build a new kernel? Isn't this how those over at xda fixed the 'lag' issue?
  4. noonehereyet

noonehereyet No One... VIP Member

there are a few fixed and modded kernels out there just dont think the devs have pushed them out for public consumption yet so just hang in there...
  5. popalock

popalock Member

ok, so can this update be done to a rooted phone?

The only real features i want that i currently do not have are the wifi tethering and flash 10.1.....

Does your update be incorporate flash?

I've learned through modding cars that stock is the most reliable so i try not to mod anything unnecessarily.
  6. noonehereyet

noonehereyet No One... VIP Member

stock is not always more reliable... and comparison of cars to code isnt really a fair comparison since most rooted builds are usually improved from the ground up cleaning up kernel panic issues to small things like idle and peak speeds and this does take time alpha and beta builds always have missing elements because the problems in those areas need to be fixed... even when you are going to a newer build... think of it as taking a 67 body and putting a 69 or 70 motor... even if its stock you still have to tweak a thing or two but when its done you've got everything you want including reliability....
    BH_MAN likes this.
  7. psz

psz Well-Known Member

So it looks I'll eventually be using BH_Man's No-Twiz Jawbreaker Edition at some point afterall ;->
  8. ArnoldTrump

ArnoldTrump New Member

Props for this, just picked up a vibrant yesterday. Does the froyo increase system speeds as much as the reviews say?

Also can I install on a rooted phone?

Been fiddling with it and i think i have everything correct. Although Odin3 v1.00 is sitting on File analysis.
    Odin: 0:[COM3]
    PIT: s1_odin_20100512.pit
    PDA: EUGENE373_SamsungS_Froyo_PDA.tar

thats how its set and looks nothing else. Re-Partition is not checked.

How long will it take, or am i doing it wrong?
  9. davidtanis

davidtanis Member

How do you boot into Down-loader Mode is it vol up+down and power?
  10. saamlee92

saamlee92 Well-Known Member

turn it off, and yes. It's VolUp+VolDown+power/lock button. Wait till the "Vibrant" appears.
    davidtanis likes this.
  11. davidtanis

davidtanis Member

should it say down-loader mode
    mine says samsung recovery utils for blm
  12. davidtanis

davidtanis Member

ok found the down loader screen but now it do not show up in odin.
    drivers? it shows up on the other screen help please
  13. davidtanis

davidtanis Member

got it
    thanks Guys
  14. davidtanis

davidtanis Member

how do you downgrade Ive tryed clockworld but it goes the samsung recovery screen what Im i doing wrong
  15. irishmn69

irishmn69 New Member

Help! Can I use the adb reboot cmd on Mac
  16. TuesdayClub

TuesdayClub Well-Known Member

You can...but it is a PITA. Took me 3 hours to root a MT3GS using 10.4 OS X. Are you rooted already? Download Terminal app to do it from phone. Cmds through Mac are pretty frustrating, unless you are running a newer (10.5+) OS.
  17. one4house

one4house New Member

I got this working fairly easily. The only problem that I am having is swype not working. Is there a fix for this?

When I first opened swype it told me that the version installed and the phone did not match, so there was going to be limited operation. I went to the beta download site and it installed, but it did not fix the problem. There must be a file in this ROM that is telling the swype download servers that the phone is a I9000.

Let me know if you hear of, or know of, a fix.
  18. shalpp

shalpp New Member

I just goofed up bad.
    I've got the Samsung Vibrant.
    I followed this guide and now I'm stuck at the recovery menu.
    What do I do? I don't exactly have an OK button so I can't select anything. I can't boot into downloader mode or anything.
  19. bootsie

bootsie Well-Known Member

if you followed that link that you posted an you have a vibrant I am not surprised you have issues. Follow this one and download these images and you should be ok

[GUIDE] How to Restore or Recover Your Samsung Vibrant : AndroidSPIN | Your No.1 source for Everything Android.
    koutouyo likes this.
  20. Jason Pedersen

Jason Pedersen Well-Known Member

has the headphone jack been fixed with this ROM? And I'm assuming otherwise it's Froyo as Froyo: Flash, more effecient speeds, etc.
  21. w_bovine

w_bovine Well-Known Member

To which ROM are you referring?

There are a number of different 2.2 ROM's out now. I'm using Team Whiskey's Nero Beta, and although I don't use headphones I've read a few post that say the headphone issue has been resolved.
  22. JOFOX

JOFOX Active Member

After installing froyo 2.2 using odin i lost my 3g data/voice and now it's only on emergency only!! how do i fix this?

(can't go back to stock everytime i try to install the stock i get stuck on vibrant/samsung flashin on/off logo)

thanks
  23. rawfa

rawfa Well-Known Member

Hi,

Everything went perfect until I rebooted the phone in recovery mode and could not select the option to reinstall packages from the SD card. I
  24. rawfa

rawfa Well-Known Member