• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS/CDMA] [ROM][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 11 Nightly Builds for d2mtr

Sure thing...and I also wanna thank jahunt78 for the march 4th build. Here's the thing guys. If anyone can help...when installing the march 4th build....my text messages SMS or mms doesn't work...I then revert back to the previous build which is feb 16. Now on this one..my mms long texts and picture messaging doesn't work...but SMS does. Before installing either I do a factory reset. I wipe the cache and dalvik cache. So I wipe real good. Front to back. Not back to front. Lol. Can anyone help?

Upvote 0
Sure thing...and I also wanna thank jahunt78 for the march 4th build. Here's the thing guys. If anyone can help...when installing the march 4th build....my text messages SMS or mms doesn't work...I then revert back to the previous build which is feb 16. Now on this one..my mms long texts and picture messaging doesn't work...but SMS does. Before installing either I do a factory reset. I wipe the cache and dalvik cache. So I wipe real good. Front to back. Not back to front. Lol. Can anyone help?

Follow this guide that I posted.
Download this mms_config.xml https://www.dropbox.com/s/ztfdpw2yle8norf/mms_config.xml copy aosp mms.apk to sd card download zarchiver from playstore open mms.apk with zarchiver click view go into res/xml click the + icon and add the mms_config.xml that u just downloaded. copy mms.apk back to system and reboot.

Upvote 0
Follow this guide that I posted.
Download this mms_config.xml https://www.dropbox.com/s/ztfdpw2yle8norf/mms_config.xml copy aosp mms.apk to sd card download zarchiver from playstore open mms.apk with zarchiver click view go into res/xml click the + icon and add the mms_config.xml that u just downloaded. copy mms.apk back to system and reboot.

The latest nightly doesn't have the MMS.apk anymore. Any work around?

Upvote 0
CM10.2.1-D2MTR.zip
gAPPS-jb-20130813-signed.zip

OK. I can't help but start off with the fact that i am a little frustrated with CM10 atm.

I stayed away from it for about a year until a "stable" release came out. I saw their was a "stable" CM10 available so i flashed it. Backed up my nv files etc etc.

I have no 4G, now. I have 3G which even that is way slower than it should be. When i very first installed CM10 last night i had 4G. I was connected to 4G when play store started downloading and installing my apps. Then all of a sudden "POOF", gone and I cannot get it back. I've formatted, cleared cache, etc etc. I've tried a user's method of getting it back by restoring my old ROM, resetting fact def, and reflashing. I've downloaded it via my phone and then downloaded it from my pc and transferred to my phone and tried both copies.

What is the deal? I am having the exact same issues with CM10 as when it was experimental. When i send a long text and it converts to MMS the recipient sees nothing but symbols. What classifies this as stable?

I love Cyanogenmod and everything but every single phone i get there are always issues with it and when they move on to the next build for the next phone and classify the previous as stable there are still major issues. It's almost like they are more eager to keep up with the new android releases and modify/tweak/"improve" those instead of making everything work 100% on previous ones they were doing.

Somebody PLEASE help me change my way of thinking on this. When i first encountered these issues a year ago i ended up installing the Metropolis Rom and it worked just fine and i'm about to go back to it because nothing of importance works with this ROM no matter what version i flash. What am i doing wrong? PLEASE HELP!

Upvote 0
CM10.2.1-D2MTR.zip
gAPPS-jb-20130813-signed.zip

OK. I can't help but start off with the fact that i am a little frustrated with CM10 atm.

I stayed away from it for about a year until a "stable" release came out. I saw their was a "stable" CM10 available so i flashed it. Backed up my nv files etc etc.

I have no 4G, now. I have 3G which even that is way slower than it should be. When i very first installed CM10 last night i had 4G. I was connected to 4G when play store started downloading and installing my apps. Then all of a sudden "POOF", gone and I cannot get it back. I've formatted, cleared cache, etc etc. I've tried a user's method of getting it back by restoring my old ROM, resetting fact def, and reflashing. I've downloaded it via my phone and then downloaded it from my pc and transferred to my phone and tried both copies.

What is the deal? I am having the exact same issues with CM10 as when it was experimental. When i send a long text and it converts to MMS the recipient sees nothing but symbols. What classifies this as stable?

I love Cyanogenmod and everything but every single phone i get there are always issues with it and when they move on to the next build for the next phone and classify the previous as stable there are still major issues. It's almost like they are more eager to keep up with the new android releases and modify/tweak/"improve" those instead of making everything work 100% on previous ones they were doing.

Somebody PLEASE help me change my way of thinking on this. When i first encountered these issues a year ago i ended up installing the Metropolis Rom and it worked just fine and i'm about to go back to it because nothing of importance works with this ROM no matter what version i flash. What am i doing wrong? PLEASE HELP!

Nevermind. I'm just going to go back to Metropolis. Cyanogenmod doesn't care about functionality just bells and whistles. I'm sorry but this one really upset me since it was classified as "Stable". Just because it installs doesn't mean its stable. Yea, i'm being bitchy but i dont care.:mad: ... It's my fault, i know... " FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK " but at the same time "STABLE" indicates all the major stuff should work (4G, MMS) as long as you dont perform an epic fail during the flash. So why dont you add a build in there called "ALMOST STABLE BUT STILL WILL POTENTIALLY PISS YOU OFF"

Upvote 0
you are entirely allowed to have your own opinion about whichever, just fair warning that no cm team member cares about the d2mtr. they havent viewed this thread in a long time, in fact should the d2mtr continue to work after cdma gets shut down, it may not work on aosp :/

in the old days stable meant stable, however the quality of standard has slipped a bit on various versions. IIRC one a while back ago wasnt even booting.

Reactions: MikeEthio
Upvote 0
you are entirely allowed to have your own opinion about whichever, just fair warning that no cm team member cares about the d2mtr. they havent viewed this thread in a long time, in fact should the d2mtr continue to work after cdma gets shut down, it may not work on aosp :/

in the old days stable meant stable, however the quality of standard has slipped a bit on various versions. IIRC one a while back ago wasnt even booting.

I understand. The thing that gets used the most , or is the most popular, is the thing that gets the most attention. Hence windows having infinite more viruses getting written for it (among other reasons) but I just got frustrated and was venting. I have a complete understanding of the situation and just FYI for anyone having the same problem this probably could have been easily fixed if every time I performed an nvrestore my phone didn't boot loop indicating the backup is corrupt in some shape way form or fashion. I appreciate your calm and collected response. I can't blame the developers for giving the more used devices more attention. Its to be expected. I wonder if the T-Mobile phones will get more attention from the talented devs ... since they've merged with metro I might go ahead and make the switch. Plans are the same and the carrier is more widely recognized.

Upvote 0
i have no reason not to be calm, im not affiliated with the cm team, just a guy who works on unloved devices :).

higher end metro/tmobile devices will have a good bit more support via flashing tmobile stuff, but dont expect metropcs support overall. arocker is amazing on the s4, but just about every other rom is just them flashing a tmobile rom. some of teh lower end stuff like the alcatel devices wont have any or low dev support.

also tmobile's plans are more expensive, they recently upped the price of unlimited and that doesnt include fees/taxes.

Upvote 0
i have no reason not to be calm, im not affiliated with the cm team, just a guy who works on unloved devices :).

higher end metro/tmobile devices will have a good bit more support via flashing tmobile stuff, but dont expect metropcs support overall. arocker is amazing on the s4, but just about every other rom is just them flashing a tmobile rom. some of teh lower end stuff like the alcatel devices wont have any or low dev support.

also tmobile's plans are more expensive, they recently upped the price of unlimited and that doesnt include fees/taxes.

That's good to know. Ill have to check out the bait and switch deals T-Mobile is doing and see if its going to be worth it to make the switch. Thanks again and keep kickin' ass you do great work I've used lots of ur stuff.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones