• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Official Evervolv | 3.2.0a1 [AOSP 4.2.1]

ss2man44

Dec 20, 2012
Georgia, USA
header_logo_is.png

Evervolv is an AOSP (Android Open Source Project) ROM. We're fully open sourced and encourage it with no restrictions. The work put into this ROM is community driven and and Evervolv Project is made up of numerous members and contributors.

Current Version: 3.2.0a1
Android Version: Jellybean (4.2.1)

Installation:

1. Format Data/Cache (Important!)
2. Format System
3. Flash ROM
4. Flash Gapps
5. Reboot

Download:
Release | Nightly (Not Available) | Gapps

Known Issues:

(Note: All of these can be fixed in time and represent the current state of the nightly builds.)

Camera (Buggy)
Front-Facing Camera
Camcorder
Wi-Fi Tethering
Wimax
Rare SystemUI Crash

Links:
@preludedrew | IRC Chat
GitHub | Gerrit | Kernel Source

Credits:
The Evervolv team: For creating and maintaining this excellent ROM.
Preludedrew: I really couldn't have done it without him.

Notice:
This ROM was built for the Sprint version of the EVO Design 4G. It will run on other carriers, but you might need to modify the build.prop for certain features. Flashable .zips for Boost Mobile and US Cellular will come soon.

The current release is in alpha state, which means almost all of the hardware works, but there are a few noticeable quirks. Flash at your own risk. While it isn't likely, the Evervolv team (including me) is not responsible for damage done to your device while using this software. However, as long as they aren't already listed in this post, we ask that you tell us about any issues you have with the ROM. I will do my best to help potentially fix said issues.

When it comes to the nightlies, look for the latest one labeled "Scio" and "kingdom". The nightly 2013.02.06 is identical to the release version 3.2.0a1. They are built every day around 4 AM EST and contain the absolute latest changes from the Evervolv git repos. Like AOSP and CyanogenMod, we have a peer review system called Gerrit that helps ensure that proposed changes get reviewed by other maintainers. This means that our nightly builds are typically very stable, but obviously I can't make any guarantees. I recommend at least trying them out if you want the latest fixes, the worst case scenario being that you have to flash a different version.​

You want me to build it my specs are ubuntu 12.10 (VMware) 2gb of RAM being used (could be 8 but I need it for windows) 3.00ghz I tried to build last time but I kept getting a bin/bash not a command error but it went though I guess

I appreciate your willingness to help, but it's not a problem. The first nightly was just built and it's available to download now. I recommend you keep trying, though. Learning to build Android from source is a valuable thing. Fattire asked that users of the Nook Color build CM9 from source and not post any zips when he was developing it. That's how I learned, and look what it's lead to :)

Upvote 0
I'm kinda f**ked today I'm at school right now I wiped my data and cache and flashed the nightly I rebooted and the rom doesn't even boot :'( and I don't have another rom to flash to get my phone to boot by yea the nightly doesn't boot

Strange. Which recovery did you use? Which carrier are you on? What happens when it tries to boot?

Upvote 0
I'm kinda f**ked today I'm at school right now I wiped my data and cache and flashed the nightly I rebooted and the rom doesn't even boot :'( and I don't have another rom to flash to get my phone to boot by yea the nightly doesn't boot

Daamn, same for me. Just stays at the HTC logo. So weird. I'm using Team Osiris' cwm. Could that be why?

Upvote 0
I'm on CMW 6 the one DM posted and I'm on sprint . As I Try to boot I'm stock on the bootloader ....

Have you tried flashing again? It sounds like the boot image didn't get flashed.

Daamn, same for me. Just stays at the HTC logo. So weird. I'm using Team Osiris' cwm. Could that be why?

Hmm, this might be a bug in their recovery. I know this phone has had issues flashing the boot partition before. You guys can try extracting the boot.img from the ROM .zip and flashing it with fastboot.

Upvote 0
Have you tried flashing again? It sounds like the boot image didn't get flashed.

Hmm, this might be a bug in their recovery. I know this phone has had issues flashing the boot partition before. You guys can try extracting the boot.img from the ROM .zip and flashing it with fastboot.

Shit I haven't did fast boot in ages can you refresh my memory.

Upvote 0
Shit I haven't did fast boot in ages can you refresh my memory.

If you still have the files from when you unlocked the bootloader, just stick the boot.img in that folder and run
[HIGH]fastboot flash boot boot.img[/HIGH]
from within. Of course, you need to be in fastboot mode on the phone, which can be accessed via the bootloader.

Reactions: mcbride731
Upvote 0
hey guys, flashed this morning. Only question is how do I get MMS working? Didn't do a full backup so I can't restore the MMS settings from Titanium Backup

To be completely honest with you, I don't really know. That isn't necessarily my area. Try searching around a bit and see if you can't find a tutorial. Let me know if you get it working. In the meantime, I'll talk to Drew about it.

Upvote 0
Anyone suggest a good kernel for this ROM? Right now I'm using the kingdom fastkernel V5 from 2fast. Thanks again!

Right now, the only kernel that works with 4.2 is the one included with this ROM. Perhaps down the road, other developers can modify it to have special features like FastKernel. I've linked its source code in the OP :)

Reactions: whitebread1985
Upvote 0
when it comes to those of you having issues getting it to boot, try redownloading it, it could have been an issue with the file becoming corrupt. I would suggest using an MD5 checker to validate whether or not the file is good (if it is good the MD5 will be 38a71dce6358780783b5ac136fc29b86 ,as posted on evervolv.com) if you are unsure on how to do this here is a link to a tutorial http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1135620 it is very easy to use, on your computer you can check it using the program shown in that link, or to simply use your phone, install this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/...result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDMsImNvbS5mYWIubWQ1Il0. and use that. If the MD5 matches, then it will in fact be an issue with your CWM 6 and i would suggest reinstalling cwm 5 until Dm47021 can address the issue. If the MD5 does NOT match, you need to redownload the file until it does match (Which if your downloading from your phone, stay in one place so your phone has a constant steady signal. though i would suggest downloading over wifi with a strong connection). If you still need help feel free to PM me. I'm fairly knowledgeable when it comes to troubleshooting

Reactions: ss2man44
Upvote 0
do u know how to downgrade from cwm 6 to 5 and do you have the cwm5 zip ??:rolleyes:

This was posted in the CWM 5 thread. Rename it to PH44IMG.zip and put it on your SD, then run the bootloader. It will walk you through flashing a new recovery. This recovery should work because it's what I used to flash the ROM currently running on my phone.

Reactions: mcbride731
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones