[ROM]Official ICS 4.0.3 Leak -> Download NOW!

1. houch80

houch80 Member

THX to Vache and his Contacts to Acer

Original Post from XDA:
    Well, a lil' suprise this morning.

More infos :

Code:
    # begin build properties
    # autogenerated by buildinfo.sh
    ro.build.id=IML74K
    ro.build.display.id=Acer_AV041_A100_0.002.00_WW_GE N1
    ro.build.version.incremental=1328623154
    ro.build.version.sdk=15
    ro.build.version.codename=REL
    ro.build.version.release=4.0.3
    ro.build.date=Tue Feb 7 22:00:23 CST 2012
    Be carefull if you want to flash this.

Download link : http://vache-android.com/v1/index.ph...files&file=139

You like it ? Help me with some beers : https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=U83D82VLHK2DE
    Link to the thread: [LEAK][ICS 4.0.3] Acer_AV041_A100_0.002.00_WW_GEN1 - xda-developers

1. Rename the provided file to update.zip
    2. Copy the file to the root of your external sd card
    3. Turn off the device; and press power while holding the volume up button - don't touch anything until the device reboots itself
    4. Voila - you've got ics
    From what I can see this is a fully working rom - unfortunately you'll lose the root access

Advertisement
    :
    mrpnut likes this.
  2. mrpnut

mrpnut THE WORLD IS YOURS Guide

ay bro that link dosent work:(
  3. kool kat2

kool kat2 Well-Known Member

Go to the xda thread. They disabled one of the links earlier, I think that might be the one
  4. mrpnut

yes sir I got it already thx!!! bud I already flash it look sick:D
  5. kool kat2

Sweet. Are there less compatible apps now? I havent had a chance to update yet (lazy):eek:
  6. mrpnut

yeah u need to flash it,its pretty smooth, I just noticed u stay in thu hub city
  7. kool kat2

that seems to be the case. ill wait on it and see if any bugs pop up.

and yea, living in Compton, not that bad really.
  8. lionsfan420

lionsfan420 New Member

Could someone please shortcut a link that works? I think this thread should have at least the download the thread is named after...
  9. mrpnut

so far no bugs haha I stay there too lol
  10. kool kat2

Several of the links in the original thread were disabled. If you look at it, there have been more added throughout the thread
  11. kool kat2

I read something about not being able to get the ota with the leak. Know what's up with that?

O yea? What part?
    mrpnut likes this.
  12. mrpnut

Bye centennial high
  13. jakob95

jakob95 Well-Known Member

kool kat2 likes this.
  14. kool kat2

Cool, I'm right by the sheriff station

So how's the update been to you so far now that its been a couple of days?
  15. kool kat2

Everything looks so smooth, I can't wait for the official update (or a way to revert to stock)
  16. mrpnut

so far so good,have u flashed it already
  17. kool kat2

Not yet. Im playing it safe in case this messes with the official ota.
  18. Mac

Mac Member

I have been on ICS now for a few days and it is like having a brand new tablet. This was my first experience with ICS and the google applications (gmail, calendar, talk, voice) are all greatly enhanced for ICS which is awesome.

I am not having any issues with any applications unless they are not yet updated for 4.0 (very few). Not one single force close yet either.

GPS, Bluetooth, WiFi, both cameras (with ICS camera app), and microSD all are working just fine. Only thing I can't figure out is HDMI out, but there must be an app out there that will fix that.
  19. nypdauxx

nypdauxx Active Member

Im just wondering if i would try too flash this onto my lg esteem what would happen?
  20. nypdauxx

nypdauxx Active Member

how is the google chrome beta?
  21. mrpnut

u do not wanna do that bro thats a big nono (wip) on cm9
  22. mgordon1100

mgordon1100 Member

It's not like installing Windows or Linux on a computer. Those installation packages are shipped with all the drivers for all the hardware the OS will support. They figure out what is needed, and installs them appropriately.

The update packages for mobile devices are already set up for the specific hardware that someone is going to install them on. Each company has it's own custom version, for each device they sell. They don't get "installed" like the other example. The directory structure/file system is ready to go, and get flashed as is to the rom.

You can't flash your LG with this version, because it's not set up prior for your LG.

Or, I might be full of it. ;)
  23. nypdauxx

nypdauxx Active Member

LOL IM RUNNING GINGERSTEEM EXTREME IM JUST LOOKING FOR OTHER ROMS especially ics
  24. mgordon1100

mgordon1100 Member

Is Acer going to release an official version that will supersede this one? I was thinking that they may just let the leak be the official release. Then, I'm thinking that maybe they secretly leaked it so we can all turn into test dummies.
  25. kool kat2

Acer has already cofirmed ICS for the A100: Press

As for your ludicrous theory that they're using the public as virtual guinea pigs.......... I FULLY AGREE!!!!!!!! :D

haha, anyway, I was waiting for the official release but when i saw there was a way to revert to stock honeycomb i just went for it. Ive ran into several inconvenient bugs but it runs a bit smoother so it makes up for it.