[Rom][Port] LeWa OS Beta

Last Updated:

1. blovadova

blovadova Well-Known Member

Here is another port for you guys to play with. Lewa OS Looks like miui but runs like CM7. Don't get it twisted Lewa is its own android based OS with active development and updates.

About Lewa OS

2. blovadova

a little something until the next miui update ;)
  3. ninjarabbit

ninjarabbit Well-Known Member

Thanks man... Its always nice to have some options...
  4. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ Guide

Downloading now.
  5. CuriousNoob

CuriousNoob Well-Known Member

Question, how did you create the APN by default in network settings called Boost?

Also, you have no data until you check it, do you have to do that every boot?
  6. blovadova

Its self writes based on phones apn and yes it does appear to have to be selected every boot
  7. Lordvincent 90

First thing i noticed is that it's odexed....
  8. blovadova

the lewa files and folders are. Olicious' cm 7 base that I used is not. Although I do have a odexed version I could build off of if need be.
  9. Lordvincent 90

If the ROM is deodexed, aren't the odexed files just taking up space? If the framework doesn't call for it, is it needed?
  10. blovadova

not needed no. small gains in apk runs and faster boot times. but i agree, will 86 em in next release.
    Lordvincent 90 likes this.
  11. Lordvincent 90

Either that or odex the whole thing lol...
  12. tivofool

tivofool Well-Known Member

I installed and this is very nice. I like the layout.

It does have network problems connecting. Like you said. Seems to be working better after a few reboots.

Wifi tether worked.
    gps and compass worked, seemed a little flakey, like it didn't want to turn off after I closed google maps.

music worked even on the lock screen.
    camera and video camera worked.
    youtube worked well.

Not sure how to set voicemail dial by long pressing #1.

The program called "intercept" that was on the phone says that the phone keeps sending text messages to 9230. Nine times so far.

Runs very quick. I installed adreno drivers and it's at least as fast as cm7MIUI.

it installed very well with my partitioned card

I see where swapper came preinstalled and is getting root permission, so that must be working.

Edit: After a few hours I have all my apps on it, it's running strong without any problems. Thanks :) Impressive new addition for us.
  13. kristopher5823

kristopher5823 Well-Known Member

Figured i would post some screenshots

14. gw4141

gw4141 Well-Known Member

How did you get it to boot....mine is just bootlooping, I didn't change the format on my sd card or anything.....let me know, it looks good and I'' like to check it out.

15. Xruptor

Xruptor Well-Known Member

Interesting according to those screenshots it looks like the messaging app is unique to the rom. It even has a popup window. This rom looks like it's full of win already. Will be testing it out when I get a chance. Thanks for the contribution!

P.S: The download is sorta not working for me. I'll give it a go a bit later as it seems the download service is down.
  16. RTLflat

RTLflat Well-Known Member

very solid and even though I didn't add all apps (ctmod I got about 120 +/-) I could tell it fast ROM. I had wifi issues but I didn't really investigate. couldn't authenticate on a wpa2 and then connected to McDonalds wifi but was unable to get to page to accept terms for access. even with wefi and Starbucks autoconnect.
    idk if my issue unique or simple fix I was just browsing for a min see what up.
    I've always preferred cm7 over miui so this nice blend.
    this ported by OP or just pointing out?
  17. RTLflat

RTLflat Well-Known Member

mine just took one try to set. dot was filled in after reboot. or do it always stay selected and you gotta navigate to that menu every?
  18. kristopher5823

After reboot it appears to stay selected but no 3g so i had to keep going through and selected it every time i reboot
  19. kristopher5823

Keep getting a text from 9230 saying that i sent a text to an invalid number.

Edit: I figured out what was doing it. If you have your contacts cell number set as home the rom detects it as a number that cant receive text so i just changed the type to mobile and now i don't get the 9230 text, Also i turned off request read report in the sms app.
  20. kristopher5823

Well just in case servers don't come back up I made a mediafire link LeWa_CM7.2.zip
    blovadova likes this.
  21. gw4141

gw4141 Well-Known Member

Tried to install, it just bootlooped..... any pre-install tips I should have had??

bhays3 likes this.
  22. blovadova

Nothing special just wipe wipe wipe as normal. Intercept application is annoying I disabled in the application itself. I was receiving the 9230 when attempting to text anyone but the text were going thru it seems. Data is like I said in the op, a little wonky and hit and miss

Also lockscreen themes work. Gotta apply them separate and reboot phone to apply
    kristopher5823 likes this.
  23. kristopher5823

CWM wipe everything twice, and you may have to have it partioned also not sure tho
  24. kristopher5823

25. Farru503

Farru503 Well-Known Member

i tried banner remove and then after install it my 3G was gone and i couldnt use my internet

Sent from my SPH-M820 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6