• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][PORT] MIUI 2.4.20-Triumph [UPDATED 07/27/2012]| (GB 2.3.7 based)

Seems like this might be dead but if anyone can help it would be much appreciated. Cant seem to find anyone with the same problem. My phone crashes / FC / reboots 5 seconds into a outgoing call or incoming call. I've tried everything to fix it. Formatted SD, wiped everything on the phone, repaired permissions, updated SU binaries, installed different kernels, updated to the latest CWR and wiped and reinstalled different versions. Right now my phone is factory reset through CWR, with a formatted SD card with only MIUI 2.4.2 v3 installed. Everything works except calling. Ive also gone in and turned compatibility on and off too, no change. I used to run 1.11.25 with no problems. Any idea what could help? Thanks for any help.

Upvote 0
Well its fixed. Im not sure what fixed it but I will post what I just did incase it helps someone else. I factory reset / wiped dalvik then restored original Virgin Mobile OS backup. Installed MTDEV CM7, wiped it. Installed Miui 1.11.25 wiped that and then installed 2.4.20 v3 and now it works. Might have something to do with formatting the SD card before all this. Not sure.

Upvote 0
there is another version of miui before 4?

there is a miui 4 thread here .

tried that miui 4 rom and others but keep coming back to this rom. this is the fastest i have seen since cm9 rom...but having grandkids i need an 100% working camera..the other version like this i think was updated a long time ago...i think the starter of this rom took over for other rom...not sure though

Upvote 0
tried that miui 4 rom and others but keep coming back to this rom. this is the fastest i have seen since cm9 rom...but having grandkids i need an 100% working camera..the other version like this i think was updated a long time ago...i think the starter of this rom took over for other rom...not sure though

This is the best ROM out there I think. I see no need for any update at all. Everything works just as it should. A few status bar fc's every now and then but thats it.

Upvote 0
Hi. I know the development of this ROM is on a pause but everyone seems to have no issues with it. But my WIFI keeps disconnecting even when the screen's still on and I'm still using it. Is there a certain kernel I was supposed to use? I fact.resetted/wiped data/dalvik before flashing it. & I flashed from Brandon's odexed Stock rom. Was there anything I missed?

Upvote 0
Hi. I know the development of this ROM is on a pause but everyone seems to have no issues with it. But my WIFI keeps disconnecting even when the screen's still on and I'm still using it. Is there a certain kernel I was supposed to use? I fact.resetted/wiped data/dalvik before flashing it. & I flashed from Brandon's odexed Stock rom. Was there anything I missed?

I always wipe everything twice.. system,data,cache and dalvik just to be sure nothing was left. Some people only wipe the data and fact. reset and it works. I have always had to wipe all of them for the install from one rom to flash correctly without any issues. I do not have the wifi issue at all .

Upvote 0
174871_115244485217987_6208220_n.jpg

Isaacj87 guide but same produce goes.

DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for any damages (bricking/phone ruining) occurred while flashing or using this ROM. By using this ROM, you understand that that I am not liable for any or all consequences of using this ROM. If you don't know what you're doing, DON'T TRY IT. Use at your own risk!

SPECIAL NOTE (please read): These builds are NOT being built from source (only partially). I cannot account for what Xiaomi has done to the Android source. Also, this port is technically a port of a port (DesireS-CN --> DesireS-EN --> Triumph). I can only account for the changes I made personally. There are no records on what was changed up to this point from elsewhere. The fact that this ROM is closed-source has unnerved some people in the Android community (for good reason). These things are something to consider. I have yet to find anything malicious in MIUI (neither has anyone else in the Android community), but if it were me, I would be careful with my sensitive data.

Also, since I don't have the source for this ROM, it's being worked on with a take-it-or-leave-it attitude. If I can manage to fix something, it'll get fix. Since it was originally in Chinese, some of the language translations will be strange. I'm using code from CM7, building said code, and cramming it into MIUI. Since MIUI and CM7 share a lot of the same code, this has been working fine so far. But remember:This is mostly because most serious problems will go unfixed. This is the unfortunate situation we're in (MIUI being closed source). Whatever I can fix, I am more than willing to share it with you guys.

Overall, everything has been working quite well and I hope your happy with the results.

What works:

RIL/3G/1xRTT
Audio/Call recording
WIFI
USB Tethering
Bluetooh
Capacitive button keymapping
2D/3D/EGL/GPU [see "Known issues" section below]
LED (dual-mode)
Capacitive button lights with PWM control
Screen rotate/orientation
E-compass
Touchscreen with multitouch/screen rotate capable
USB mounting
CRT screen off animation
Proximity sensor
Camera (front and rear) [see "Known issues" section below]
GPS
Ambient light sensor
HD 720P video recording/FFC video recording
MMS (send and receive; pictures or video)
Google Talk with video/voice chat
Wired headset
Haptic feedback on capacitive keys
Native WIFI tethering [see "Known issues" section below]

What doesn't work:

HDMI out/mirroring

Known issues:

These builds, as mentioned, are not being built from source. As such, measures were taken to get everything working. Don't be surprised if you get a FC or eleven. Furthermore, these are developmental builds (i.e. not stable). Some of you may be able to live with it, some won't.
Since MIUI requires VMSPLIT3G, a new kernel was made to follow this requirement. As such, the memory allocation for the GPU was changed. Most lower-end games should not have any issues, but HD (higher-end) games are mostly unplayable as so many elements are missing.

Recovery:
http://androidforums.com/triumph-all-things-root/421674-clockworkmod-recovery-motorola-triumph.html

http://androidforums.com/triumph-all-things-root/551196-recovery-twrp-2-1-3-yes-touch.html

Download:
MiuiAndroid 2.4.20 v3 MiuiAndroid_Triumph-2.4.20-v3.zip
MiuiAndroid 2.4.20 v2 MiuiAndroid_Triumph-2.4.20-v2.zip
MiuiAndroid 2.4.20 v1 MiuiAndroid_Triumph-2.4.20-v1.zip
MiuiAndroid 2.4.20 MiuiAndroid_Triumph-2.4.20.zip

NOTE: Always check md5sum! The versioning is the following: miuiandroid_Triumph-(MIUI VERSION)-(MMDDYY)-(REVISION). Check the "About Phone" section in settings to determine what build you're on.

Installation:

(ALWAYS MAKE NANDROID BACKUPS TO BE SAFE!!)

Download the ROM package and place it in the main folder of your SDcard
Power off phone and boot into recovery mode
Choose "Wipe data/factory reset"
Go back to main menu and choose "install zip from sdcard" then, "choose zip from sdcard"
Navigate to the ROM package and install it.
Once it finishes, go back to the main menu and reboot.

NOTE: First boot may take some time. Once you get to the MIUI boot splash, you're golden.

NOTE: Any subsequent releases of MIUI will NOT require a data wipe. If, in the off-chance, a wipe is required, I will note it.

NOTE: Do NOT flash the Gapps package used with Cyanogenmod.

shakehands.gif
IF YOU LIKE MY WORK HIT THE THANKS AND LIKE BUTTON
congrats.gif

so i wondering since you said that i special kernel iis need for high end gaming i wanted to know was that kernel made already i really want this rom but i also want to play my games

Upvote 0
I've been running this for about a week and here's my two cents...

I did a clean install on this, and used Titanium Backup to restore my Twitter and Yahoo! Mail apps (because I don't like the new versions at all). Everything else was cleanly installed from the Play Store.

The Play Store did disappear on me, but I put a widget on the home screen, opened the store, the icon came back, and hasn't disappeared since then. The icon for Aldiko (my e-book reader) disappeared after one or two uses. On a whim I went into the application management settings and moved Aldiko from the SD Card to the phone and the icon came back. To double-check, I moved Aldiko BACK to the SD Card and, sure enough, it was gone again until I moved it to the phone. I have other apps that installed to SD but it seems that Aldiko is the only one I've had this issue with.

I have not had any FC issues with incoming calls at all. The Dialer works exactly as it's supposed to. I don't use my Bluetooth headset very often so I have not had a chance to test out the BT. I saw a comment or two about MMS not working but I have been able to send and receive pics without any problems at all. Someone also commented about the SMS split. I cannot find an option to set SMS split but it's a pretty simple matter to manually break up a long message into sections.

GPS works as well as can be expected for the MT. I had to use Navigation a few days ago to get to a job site. GPS locked within a minute of opening Maps, and I was on my way quickly enough.

Overall, everything is snappy and quick. I have had several FC's but, honestly, I expect that with any non-stock ROM. Sooner or later I'll get off my butt and Clear Cache/Dalvik/Fix Permissions in Recovery to see if that doesn't help any.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones