Rom Question

Last Updated:

1. my1zamboni

my1zamboni Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have a question about custom roms that are made in the kitchen.
    I made a few custom roms with the same everything except theme. I can't get on to SDX right now to list exactly what I used, but the only thing I changed from rom to rom was the theme. I have meatcurtains (whichever version is listed in the kitchen) my question is why when I load different rom from the SD card I get different results and programs installed? On one I get google goggles added while on another I get Helix Launcher added and it removes the stock launcher. Also one of them removes stock gallery and adds 3D gallery.
    Once again, when I made the roms all options were kept the same, just the theme was changed for the new download.
    Thanks for any help. It really isn't a huge deal, I was just wondering why this would do this.

Advertisement
  2. EmoTonyB

EmoTonyB Well-Known Member

the different themes have just that... different cosmetic layouts. colors, app styles, battery call txt notifications differences... the one i used came with launcher pro and i never would have learned about it without it being included on the theme.

btw meatkernal is the most stable i have found for my handset

3. my1zamboni

I understand about the different layouts, but these have different programs installed.
    such as.......
    google goggles
    helix launcher
    3D gallery
    and they vary from rom to rom. Like I had mentioned before everything else was the same. I kept the screen loaded and just selected a new theme, then downloaded and named it after the theme.
    It isn't a huge deal, just curiosity I guess as to why the same everything would pack different programs in the rom.
    I also am a big fan of meatkernals. It is fast, smooth and no real issues yet and I have been running it for a few weeks.
    Also I Love Launcher Pro, it is the best home app I have found by far.

4. EmoTonyB

EmoTonyB Well-Known Member

yes.. and as i said... different themes come with different things. apps included. thats why they give you screencaps of the themes. some of them you can see some of the thigns to expect. others not so much.

my1zamboni likes this.
  5. my1zamboni

I get it now. Sorry, I didn't read that you had said apps in the first answer. My bad.
    Thank you, I was wondering why it was like that. I just wasn't aware they could pack it in a theme too I guess.