• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ROM question

elchoche23

Jul 27, 2012
Hi everyone. I have a ZTE Chorus that I want to try a custom rom on; however, I need to flash ClockworkMod first. My question is, can I replace the oem recovery with clockworkmod, reboot into clockworkmod and create a backup of the oem os first? I would like to be able to do this in case the custom rom drains the battery too fast or other issues arise that are hard to fix. Please reply and thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forums elchoche23!
In Clockwork, you can backup your current/stock ROM before you flash a ROM (and I very highly recommend doing this). Once CWM is flashed, after you've rooted, boot into recovery (you can do this through ROM Manager or by booting up holding the volume and power buttons together) and toggle through the options to create a backup.
I do this everytime I swap ROMs or make any changes through recovery.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones