• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][R910] Basix 1.0 (Aito's Revenge) :: Speed, Battery, Smoothness, Customizability :: 7/24/11

I attempted to install this basix rom through ROM manager and I got an error message when the phone went into recovery. So then I took the advice up top to hard reset my phone and disaster struck. Now I cannot download anything from the android market besides gmail and my settings icon disappeared completely from both the home screen and the applications list. What am I supposed to do, this phone is now as good as brick and I am out of warranty. My phone was rooted for about a year prior to this attempted installation.

Upvote 0
I attempted to install this basix rom through ROM manager and I got an error message when the phone went into recovery. So then I took the advice up top to hard reset my phone and disaster struck. Now I cannot download anything from the android market besides gmail and my settings icon disappeared completely from both the home screen and the applications list. What am I supposed to do, this phone is now as good as brick and I am out of warranty. My phone was rooted for about a year prior to this attempted installation.

Reboot into recovery and reinstall basix. Rom manager gives some problems on the indulge. Re-do it through cwm recovery, it will be fine.

Don't do it through rom manager.

Reactions: freepawnspeedy
Upvote 0
nope still the same i thinking its the phone now...i might reflash to stock and see if it works that way...if not ill just looking into replacing the phone....
I'm not following you. What did you try, and how did it end?
Did you try all three things I mentioned?
Did you try stepping outside (with a clear view of the sky) to test it out?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Ok. I need help. I had the pattern screen unlock on my phone and my wife was messing with my phone and took it off and now its locked on the puzzle screen and I have no idea how to unlock it. It says "phone locked" at the bottom. I have seen this screen lock before and usually there is a yellow puzzle piece sticking out and u just move that one to unlock the phone, but that is not the case here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure never. Its been discontinued, most people have moved on to other phones. I'm sure k0nane has better stuff to do than update a rom on this old phone. Sorry bro.
Indeed, I have no plans to move forward with this unless 2.3 magically comes along. At this point, most of my interest in these devices leans toward the R915.

Upvote 0
to konane or any 1 that knows how to do it.. i have basix on my r10 indulge but i want to know if you can remove or disable the ads block in the rom i use text plus is an app that allows you to make calls and you can earn minutes by doing some surveys but that feature doesn't work due to some kind of ads blocker but the app works fine in the stock ROM witch lead me to think the problem is on the basix ROM any help is appreciated

Upvote 0
i hit the download button in the power menu . what does this do? it says downloading do not turn off target . This is the first time i tried to root a phone and it worked great I just hit the button by mistake and am afraid to interupt what it is doing. Is there a readme or instruction of what the download button does? thanks if anyone can help

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones