• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] [R910] EXODUS 0.6 CWM or ADB script install

Hello guys i just wanted to let you know that after flashing this rom 2 problems occurred.

1. phone could not receive phone calls. When someone calls the phone process forced closes.

2. Home button doesnt work at all. its like its not even there.

since that time i have rerooted it with exodus, mikes, and the original rooting tools and nothing has helped.

i have tried using odin to return to stock. that only seems to remove root from the phone cause the 2 problems remain.

i have not heard anyone else that has this problem with this phone so any help would be appreciated.

Upvote 0
Hello guys i just wanted to let you know that after flashing this rom 2 problems occurred.

1. phone could not receive phone calls. When someone calls the phone process forced closes.

2. Home button doesnt work at all. its like its not even there.

since that time i have rerooted it with exodus, mikes, and the original rooting tools and nothing has helped.

i have tried using odin to return to stock. that only seems to remove root from the phone cause the 2 problems remain.

i have not heard anyone else that has this problem with this phone so any help would be appreciated.

I did this the day it was released and saw a few changes including much better GPS and the other enhancements claimed worked great. Are you sure you went back to stock correctly? At least on my phone everything is still functional.

Try removing the battery for about 10 seconds then reinsert it and turn the phone on.

Upvote 0
Heyo,

Sorry that I haven't responded lately, been one helluva a busy week. As for the Wifi tether, I tried to include the apk in the rom but it kept crashing when I ran it. That seems to be the problem with some stock apps, when there put on the rom without a kernel to edit. Either case here's the tether app you want:

wifi_tether_v3_0-pre12.apk - android-wifi-tether - WiFi Tether for Root Users 3.0-pre12 *** EXPERIMENTAL *** - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting

Make sure you set your profile to Samsung Epic. Which is menu button > settings > Change Device Profile>Samsung Epic 4G.

I take no credit for it, you can find the post here:

http://androidforums.com/indulge-al...ropcs-samsung-galaxy-indulge-4g-sch-r910.html

This is why stuff like this needs to have a stickies so its easy to find. Hope that helps ya.

In regards to the phone not working, I never experienced that problem, and I've tested and installed my rom over 20 times. Before I even posted it here, I had about 5 people test it on the Indulge IRC. So, I would yes of course recommend a factory reset "prior" to installing the rom (meaning back all your stuff up first), and then even after you install the rom make sure to do another factory wipe. Yes the phone will crash, and have errors when its installing the rom, but that's normal.

Upvote 0
Heyo,

Sorry that I haven't responded lately, been one helluva a busy week. As for the Wifi tether, I tried to include the apk in the rom but it kept crashing when I ran it. That seems to be the problem with some stock apps, when there put on the rom without a kernel to edit. Either case here's the tether app you want:

wifi_tether_v3_0-pre12.apk - android-wifi-tether - WiFi Tether for Root Users 3.0-pre12 *** EXPERIMENTAL *** - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting

Make sure you set your profile to Samsung Epic. Which is menu button > settings > Change Device Profile>Samsung Epic 4G.

I take no credit for it, you can find the post here:

http://androidforums.com/indulge-al...ropcs-samsung-galaxy-indulge-4g-sch-r910.html

This is why stuff like this needs to have a stickies so its easy to find. Hope that helps ya.

In regards to the phone not working, I never experienced that problem, and I've tested and installed my rom over 20 times. Before I even posted it here, I had about 5 people test it on the Indulge IRC. So, I would yes of course recommend a factory reset "prior" to installing the rom (meaning back all your stuff up first), and then even after you install the rom make sure to do another factory wipe. Yes the phone will crash, and have errors when its installing the rom, but that's normal.

this rom sucks, it bricked my nexus when i tried to install it. what am i supposed to do now? i dont have the money for a new one. i hope your happy silvist:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Upvote 0
this rom sucks, it bricked my nexus when i tried to install it. what am i supposed to do now? i dont have the money for a new one. i hope your happy silvist:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Next time look a little harder at what your trying to do. You bricked your Nexus trying to use a mod made for the Indulge. Your fault not Ciper's. My suggestion would be to look for a stock recovery mod for your Nexus...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones