Rom recommendations

Last Updated:

1. ToastPwnz

ToastPwnz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm getting a little bit bored with Nonsensikal, and since it's the only ROM I've used I thought maybe I should try something new. Any suggestions work, 2.2. ROMs, 2.1 ROMs, sense ROMs, non sense ROMs, I'm open to anything.
    I look forward to everyones suggestions. :D

Advertisement
  2. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

After using Kaos Froyo for weeks, I just started using CELB Froyo yesterday, to see how it was by comparison. I like it quite a bit, actually.

I have always been a huge fan of the 2.1 xtr ROMs - xtrROM, xtrSENSE, and the new Vanilla 2.0.3 (which is in beta but worth a look once they get it out of beta.)

3. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

I like KaosFroyo for the 2.2 ROM. Eagerly awaiting version 35 to see if he fixes the problem that keeps me from using it as my daily ROM.
    For 2.1 ROMS, if you like Sense I'd say go for xtrSense. If you're a non-Sense kind of guy (?) then I'd say go for xtrROM (which is what I use).

4. ToastPwnz

ToastPwnz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The only thing about sense ROM's I don't like is the lockscreen. Is there a way to use XTRSense and the default Android lockscreen? (Might be a stupid question)

5. mhseris

mhseris Well-Known Member

I've been exceedingly happy with Aloysius Snow. It's a 2.1 ROM - the phone is much faster and more responsive than it was, I love the look of the ROM, and I'll probably stick with this one. :) Tried PlainJane; it was OK, but I like this one way better.

6. thrawn86

thrawn86 Well-Known Member

if you have unlock screen anxiety like (the little grey bar bothers me so much...), get widget locker. bonus points for enabling the iPhone lockscreen and confusing the hell out of your friends.

honestly I use a lockscreen replacement, home replacement, opera browser, and beautiful widgets...I can't tell a difference between different roms anymore.

7. alprazolam

alprazolam Well-Known Member

You really should just give ROMs a try. It adds a little fun back into your phone for at least a few days, because you get to set it up after loading each ROM, and you can try different configurations, etc. Really, I'm at a point in which I've kind of settled down on the whole ROM changing thing. I've been on Nonsensikal as well, and there is a major feature that isn't working for me right now. That is the only reason that I'm about to go 2.2 ROM shopping.

BTW---the feature that I'm missing is no voice dialer. I tried adding a file that has worked for others, but voice dialer just FC's every time it repeats what I said.

8. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Try Vlingo.

9. tcraig72

tcraig72 Well-Known Member

Tried a couple different rom's and settled on White Widow. Battery life isn't as good as some others but it has the least problems and FC's. It's also as fast as I need my phone to be.

10. nathanirwin311

nathanirwin311 Well-Known Member

try xtrrom. look within the thread for it at xda and you can find instructions to flash a .zip for a diff lock screen. battery life is awesome on xtr.