[ROM] Recovery Flash-able Stock M919NUVUAMF2 Rooted/Deodexed [ROM]

1. ARocker

ARocker Guides Guide

[ROM] Recovery Flash-able Stock M919NUVUAMF2 Rooted/Deodexed [ROM]

Please backup your phone before flashing this!
    Flash at YOUR own risk!!
    I'm not responsible for anything you do to/with your phone.

Code (Text):
    1. [center]
    2. Post One : Rom Information
    3. Post Two : Download
    4. Post Three : Modifications[/center]
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

!!!Attention!!!
    !!!Attention!!!
    !!!Attention Developers!!!
    !!!Specifications!!!
    Code (Text):
    1. [center]
    2.  Android OS version : 4.2.2
    3.  Model : SGH-M919N
    4.  CSC version : M919NTMBAMF2
    5.  Rooted (Superuser app + su) : YES
    6.  Rooted (unsecured boot.img) : YES
    7.  BusyBox installed : YES
    8.  BusyBox init.d support : YES
    9.  Bash support : YES
    10.  system/framework is deodexed : YES
    11.  system/app is deodexed : YES
    12. [/center]
    ??Installation Process??
    Code (Text):
    1. [center]
    2. -Download ROM, then copy to EXTERNAL SD card
    3. -Boot to recovery
    4. -Factory reset
    5. -Flash ROM
    6. -Reboot
    7. [center][b]Please be patient and let it boot!!
    8. The first boot can take up to 5 minutes,
    9. so be patient and wait for it!![/b][/center]
    10. [/center]

!!!Thanks!!!
    If YOU would like to thank ME for this, you can do so by rating the thread and hitting the THANKS button!

Advertisement
    :
    tgif, vicguevarac, jtw1216 and 6 others like this.
  2. ARocker

ARocker Guides Guide

[ROM] Recovery Flashable Stock M919NUVUAMF2 Rooted/Deodexed [ROM]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

!!!This Rom is for the MetroPCS Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-M919N!!!

Download:

Deodexed_Rooted_M919N_MF2.zip
    ~Mirror~
    Deodexed_Rooted_M919N_MF2.zip

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If YOU would like to thank ME for this, you can do so by rating the thread and hitting the THANKS button!
  3. ARocker

ARocker Guides Guide

!!!Addons/Modifications!!!

Nuttmeg has a little thread called Transparent AccuWeather with some great apk mods you'll appreciate.
    Be sure and give him a thanks.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Also check out [Xposed (Xposed Framework)] - [ROM modding without modifying APKs by rovo89]
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    There is also a volume boosting mod that works with this Rom, posted and tested by danyvw [MOD] Volume Boosting Sound.
    Be sure and give him a thanks too.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    The Note 2 Hidden Settings app by SteinApps, does exactly what you'd expect: it offers access to otherwise hidden system settings in the Note 2 and the S4. Its also free!

!!!Themes!!!

None Yet

Fixed systemui/frameworkres

robcop19 and unlimitedammo like this.
  4. ARocker

ARocker Guides Guide

Last Reserved
  5. ARocker

ARocker Guides Guide

I need some testers gang.
  6. mike28

mike28 Well-Known Member

ARocker bringing the funk
    ARocker likes this.
  7. danyvw

danyvw Well-Known Member

Downloading very slow. If I have the time will try today. Thanks for your work ARocker!!!
    ARocker likes this.
  8. danyvw

danyvw Well-Known Member

Downloaded, (took almost 2 hours) Installed, booted in around 4 minutes. Installing my apps and debloating right now, for the moment everything is working flawlessly.
    ARocker likes this.
  9. ARocker

ARocker Guides Guide

Yea, the download is slow and the file is a big one. Leme know how it works out for you. Thanks for testing :)
  10. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Well-Known Member

WOW how did I miss this? Great work bro...When I have a little time on my hands I will try to make a theme for us hopefully. The S4 has so many things to port...lol but with Wanam this rom can be theme like crazy, but once again thank you very much. :D
    ARocker likes this.
  11. ARocker

ARocker Guides Guide

Thanks guys!
  12. ARocker

ARocker Guides Guide

Ive got a proper debloated Rom in the works called MetropolitanS4. Id like to hook it up a bit with goodies like 4 way reboot and volume track skip before I release it but ive run into a nasty snag. If you've read this thread in our sub forum, you'll know that there are issues compiling apks with the S4 variants. In short, that means until that issue is sorted out, there aren't going to be any mods done in the traditional decompile, edit, recompile method and also some themeing requiring code edits cant be done until we try to implement the proposed workarounds. The good news is that once the workaround is done, we can post the "fixed" apks so that there wont be an issue going forward and also in the mean time we thankfully have Xposed and Wanam to fall back on :)
    mike28, danyvw and nuttmeg like this.
  13. nuttmeg

I had a major problem with the TW framework :mad:
  14. ARocker

ARocker Guides Guide

Did you get it to compile? I get the same errors every time when compiling framework (even when I make no edits) with three different apk apps. I read that a few of the apks are effected by this including the two most important, systemui and frameworkres.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    |Sun 10/13/2013 -- 1:51:45.47|
    java version "1.7.0_21"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_21-b11)
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.21-b01, mixed mode)
    |Tue 10/15/2013 -- 6:32:02.21|
    java version "1.7.0_21"
    |Thu 10/17/2013 -- 11:45:53.32|
    java version "1.7.0_21"
    The system cannot find the file C:\APK-Multi-Tool-Experimental-RELEASE\projects/None.
    I: Loading resource table...
    I: Loaded.
    I: Decoding AndroidManifest.xml with resources...
    I: Regular manifest package...
    I: Decoding file-resources...
    I: Decoding values */* XMLs...
    I: Done.
    I: Copying assets and libs...
    W: Could not find sources
    I: Checking whether resources has changed...
    I: Building resources...
    C:\APK-Multi-Tool-Experimental-RELEASE\projects\framework-res.apk\res\layout\keyguard_screen_password_landscape.xml:22: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'layout' with value '@layout/keyguard_transport_control').
    C:\APK-Multi-Tool-Experimental-RELEASE\projects\framework-res.apk\res\layout\keyguard_screen_password_portrait.xml:22: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'layout' with value '@layout/keyguard_transport_control').
    C:\APK-Multi-Tool-Experimental-RELEASE\projects\framework-res.apk\res\layout\keyguard_screen_tab_unlock.xml:23: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'layout' with value '@layout/keyguard_transport_control').
    C:\APK-Multi-Tool-Experimental-RELEASE\projects\framework-res.apk\res\layout\keyguard_screen_tab_unlock_land.xml:17: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'layout' with value '@layout/keyguard_transport_control').
    C:\APK-Multi-Tool-Experimental-RELEASE\projects\framework-res.apk\res\layout\keyguard_screen_unlock_landscape.xml:18: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'layout' with value '@layout/keyguard_transport_control').
    C:\APK-Multi-Tool-Experimental-RELEASE\projects\framework-res.apk\res\layout\keyguard_screen_unlock_portrait.xml:23: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'layout' with value '@layout/keyguard_transport_control').
    aapt: warning: string 'default_audio_route_name_hdmi' has no default translation in C:\APK-Multi-Tool-Experimental-RELEASE\projects\framework-res.apk\res; found: en_GB es
    aapt: warning: string 'default_permission_group' has no default translation in C:\APK-Multi-Tool-Experimental-RELEASE\projects\framework-res.apk\res; found: en_GB es
    aapt: warning: string 'perms_hide' has no default translation in C:\APK-Multi-Tool-Experimental-RELEASE\projects\framework-res.apk\res; found: en_GB es
    aapt: warning: string 'perms_show_all' has no default translation in C:\APK-Multi-Tool-Experimental-RELEASE\projects\framework-res.apk\res; found: en_GB es
    aapt: warning: string 'ss_clear_default_hint_msg' has no default translation in C:\APK-Multi-Tool-Experimental-RELEASE\projects\framework-res.apk\res; found: zh_CN zh_HK
    aapt: warning: string 'ss_clear_default_hint_msg_all' has no default translation in C:\APK-Multi-Tool-Experimental-RELEASE\projects\framework-res.apk\res; found: zh_CN zh_HK
    aapt: warning: string 'ss_clear_default_hint_msg_applicationmanager' has no default translation in C:\APK-Multi-Tool-Experimental-RELEASE\projects\framework-res.apk\res; found: zh_CN zh_HK
    aapt: warning: string 'ss_clear_default_hint_msg_more' has no default translation in C:\APK-Multi-Tool-Experimental-RELEASE\projects\framework-res.apk\res; found: zh_CN zh_HK
    aapt: warning: string 'ss_clear_default_hint_msg_settings' has no default translation in C:\APK-Multi-Tool-Experimental-RELEASE\projects\framework-res.apk\res; found: zh_CN zh_HK
    aapt: warning: string 'tommorrow' has no default translation in C:\APK-Multi-Tool-Experimental-RELEASE\projects\framework-res.apk\res; found: bn_IN
    aapt: warning: string 'webkit_module' has no default translation in C:\APK-Multi-Tool-Experimental-RELEASE\projects\framework-res.apk\res; found: de es_ES fr it pl ru
    Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, --min-sdk-version, 17, --target-sdk-version, 17, -F, C:\Users\ARocker\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL8080593555093530560.tmp, -x, -0, arsc, -S, C:\APK-Multi-Tool-Experimental-RELEASE\projects\framework-res.apk\res, -M, C:\APK-Multi-Tool-Experimental-RELEASE\projects\framework-res.apk\AndroidManifest.xml]
    at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResourcesFull(Androlib.java:353)
    at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResources(Androlib.java:281)
    at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:209)
    at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:177)
    at brut.apktool.Main.cmdBuild(Main.java:237)
    at brut.apktool.Main.main(Main.java:79)
    Caused by: brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, --min-sdk-version, 17, --target-sdk-version, 17, -F, C:\Users\ARocker\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL8080593555093530560.tmp, -x, -0, arsc, -S, C:\APK-Multi-Tool-Experimental-RELEASE\projects\framework-res.apk\res, -M, C:\APK-Multi-Tool-Experimental-RELEASE\projects\framework-res.apk\AndroidManifest.xml]
    at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.aaptPackage(AndrolibResources.java:406)
    at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResourcesFull(Androlib.java:334)
    ... 5 more
    Caused by: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, --min-sdk-version, 17, --target-sdk-version, 17, -F, C:\Users\ARocker\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL8080593555093530560.tmp, -x, -0, arsc, -S, C:\APK-Multi-Tool-Experimental-RELEASE\projects\framework-res.apk\res, -M, C:\APK-Multi-Tool-Experimental-RELEASE\projects\framework-res.apk\AndroidManifest.xml]
    at brut.util.OS.exec(OS.java:89)
    at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.aaptPackage(AndrolibResources.java:404)
    ... 6 more
    The system cannot find the path specified.
    I plan on trying the workaround this weekend, maybe sunday.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2264380
  15. ARocker

ARocker Guides Guide

OP Updated

Post One : Rom Information
    Post Two : Download
    Post Three : Modifications
    nuttmeg and mike28 like this.
  16. nuttmeg

Same errors, and just decompile and recompile without touch anything and bammmm here comes the error.

If it's ok with you, I can mirror your link just incase your link generate to much traffic and DB put you on hold and we will have a backup link going.
    ARocker likes this.
  17. nuttmeg

so far so good and no issues, using theme dailer, mms, contacts and 5x6 app drawer. Next i'm going to try vr-theme and see how it plays along with our stock rom.
    ARocker and mike28 like this.
  18. danyvw

danyvw Well-Known Member

Here running good too. No theme but with many Exposed framework mods with Wanam Xposed and Xblast Tools, clear weather widget and increase volume mods too.
    ARocker likes this.
  19. nuttmeg

Wanam is great and been using it for sometime now, but I know you would love the 5x6 Launcher to go with that package. ;)

[​IMG]
    danyvw likes this.
  20. danyvw

danyvw Well-Known Member

nutmeg you are right. Looks wonderful and gives more "room" for your apps.
    mike28 likes this.
  21. ARocker

ARocker Guides Guide

Yea man, thats cool. I was thinking of posting this over at xda too, with a link back to here to download so a mirror would be appreciated :)

Awesome, glad to hear it!! Thats the setup up im using for the MetropolitanS4 Rom im working on lol. Prolly have that up in a few days.

Thanks Nuttmeg :)
    mike28 and nuttmeg like this.
  22. ARocker

ARocker Guides Guide

Great to hear that danyvw! Thanks a bunch for testing :)
    danyvw likes this.
  23. danyvw

danyvw Well-Known Member

Pleasure ARocker. Thanks to you and nuttmeg for starting the SGH-M919N development with this ROM and mods.
    mike28 and nuttmeg like this.
  24. ARocker

ARocker Guides Guide

Thanks to you too for fixing the odin tar this rom was built from :)

Im hoping that posting this rom at xda will bring back the Metro peeps we lost to the Tmobile ROMs and also maybe those Tmo devs will want to make Metro versions of their roms (prolly not, but who knows).
    nuttmeg likes this.
  25. ARocker

ARocker Guides Guide

nuttmeg, danyvw and mike28 like this.