• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][Recovery] Stock ROMs, Stock Recoveries, & Stock Splash Screens

Thank you so much!

Does this Metro ROM have the latest update with VoLTE? And would it be okay installing it on a Tmo Zmax? I already have BN v2 on it but I ask because I don't want to assume. Thanks!
Butternoob v2 was made from a twrp backup of this exact ROM.
If butternoob v2 had volte then so will this ROM.
The MetroPCS ROM that is.

Upvote 0
Butternoob v2 was made from a twrp backup of this exact ROM.
If butternoob v2 had volte then so will this ROM.
The MetroPCS ROM that is.
Just what I wanted to hear. Thanks a million! I was thinking of flashing this and take out the things I didnt want and keep the things I wanted, like Dolby. I love butternood, don't get me wrong. I just wanted to put my take on it.

Upvote 0
Hi all, I've made stock ROMs for any one who wants to restore their phone to factory stock or needs to fix a soft brick. If you soft bricked your phone and never made a TWRP backup, or if you just want to go back to stock or flash the stock ROM for MetroPCS or T-Mobile then you have came to the right place. These could also be useful if you forgot to delete Kingroot and Kinguser before getting permanent root and are stuck with Kinguser instead of SuperSU.

-INSTRUCTIONS-
[1] Download the ROM and put it on your internal storage or SD card.

[2] If you have been using my zips for system r/w, make sure you flash the appropriate TWRP_&_BOOT_RESTORE zip to make sure that TWRP and the boot.img are on their correct partitions.

[3] If you haven't already done so, update TWRP recovery to v2.8.6.0.
BIG THANKS TO HROARK13
[If your phone is soft bricked and won't boot, you can update TWRP by flashing the latest version of my TWRP_&_BOOT_RESTORE zip (make sure you check the md5 before you flash it) ]

[4] Do a factory reset. (If you just flashed the TWRP_&_BOOT_RESTORE zip then reboot recovery first.)

[5] Flash the ROM and then reboot system after it is finished. (You will get a warning saying that "No OS Is Installed." Ignore this warning and reboot system. )

[6] (optional) Hit the like button and then buy hroark13 a beer.

-DISCLAIMER-
I am not responsible for Global Thermonuclear Warfare, the death of your pet, or if your phone transforms into an evil alien robot and burns your house down. You alone are responsible for what you do with your phone. These ROMs are for the ZTE ZMAX only. If you flash them on a different device and complain that your phone is bricked, I will laugh at you.

-DOWNLOADS-

MetroPCS:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23991606952613447
md5:
378c4565dd7989cc122ba60892f3db86

T-Mobile:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23991606952613444
md5:
e8dc11b8a671c3256655eca1c610bf45

Hi guys what exactly is this I root my girls phone zte zmax install twrp and that's it didn't know had to do the extra stuff to get r/w so I just want to go back to stock with r/w the way it was will those zips help

Upvote 0
Masterchief I went back to your stock Rom enabled usb debug. Tried to flash superuser the one recommended it says successes but when I boot into system no superuser and system says no root available??? Any ideas for me?
Which version did you install (MetroPCS or T-Mobile)?
Also, download and install Explorer by SpeedSoftware and navigate to /system/xbin and post a screenshot like this one.

Attachments

• 1434725637478.jpg
    1434725637478.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 339
Upvote 0
Another question, if I flash the stock ROM will I need to root via KingRoot again or can I use TWPR to gain root access before first system restart? And if the Metro ROM version *B01 or *B06?
I believe its B06 but I haven't used it in quite some time. Its the same build that butternoob v2 is based off of

Reactions: HallOfPromise
Upvote 0
Thanks, Masterchief! I just flashed it and it is indeed the latest B06. My BNv2 was B01, FWIW.

When attempting to flash this yesterday I made the mistake of flashing it over BNv2 without wiping. It acted like an update so all of my settings carried over, except root. And I couldn't root it for the life of me. I got temp root about 10 times and it wouldn't hold. I went back and wiped everything expect internal and sd. Got temp root first attempt and got it to hold after flashing SuperSU. All is great now.

Now that band 12 is showing up in my area I'm hoping I can take advantage of it, if what they say about the metro version having band 12 enabled is true.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones