• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][Recovery] Stock ROMs, Stock Recoveries, & Stock Splash Screens

Hey man I was wondering if you or anyone could help me out. First off thanks for everything you've done for the zmax great work, ok and second my problem is with my wife's zmax which I rooted way back but the thing is this, she took and update after I gave it to her and now all it will do is go to setup but then when I skip the WiFi prompt it says an update is available and connect to WiFi, well I've tried that and when I click the proceed arrow it says "setup wizard has stopped unexpectedly"
I already flashed the stick metro zip and stock recovery and it still does this. What do I need to do to get it working again? I appreciate your help in any way possible thanks.
5take out sim card

Upvote 0
5take out sim card
Or just factory reset and flash the b13 or b33 stock ROMs that are in the op. It can be flashed through twrp and your phone will be up to date so you won't have to worry about your phone getting bricked by the ota. If you want to keep root you'll have to flash SuperSU.

Upvote 0
Stock Recovery Zips:
These zips install the stock recovery(NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH A "TWRP BACKUP" OR "NANDROID" THAT SOME PEOPLE WRONGLY REFER TO AS A "RECOVERY"!!) that came on your device. If you want to restore your device back to factory stock, you can flash the stock recovery after you flash the stock ROM and make sure everything is working. If you have been using switcher zips for system rw you need to flash the restore zip and reboot recovery before you flash the stock ROM or recovery. DO NOT FLASH THE STOCK RECOVERY ON A DEVICE THAT IS SOFT BRICKED OR WILL NOT BOOT. IT WILL ONLY MAKE THINGS WORSE! Check the md5 before you flash.

DO NOT INSTALL THE STOCK RECOVERY IF YOU HAVE A SWITCHER INSTALLED!

IF YOU ARE IN ANY WAY UNSURE OF WHAT YOU ARE DOING, ASK BEFORE YOU FLASH!

-INSTRUCTIONS-
[1] Install the stock ROM for your device according to the instructions in the post above.

[2] Reboot system to make sure you installed the stock ROM correctly.

[3] Assuming you have correctly installed the stock ROM, download the appropriate stock recovery zip for your phone. If your phone is not working correctly you need to reinstall the stock ROM following the directions.

[4] Check the md5 with MD5 CHECKER.

[5] Assuming that the md5 matches, reboot into TWRP recovery manually(Reboot the phone normally and as soon as the screen goes black, press and hold volume up until you see the TWRP splash screen).

[6] Flash the Stock recovery zip and reboot system.

[7] If you are returning your phone or selling it, do a factory reset.(DUH!)
-DISCLAIMER-
What you do with your device is your responsibility, not mine. I have tested both zips and they do exactly what they are supposed to do. If you brick your phone it is your own fault.

-DOWNLOADS-

MetroPCS Stock Recovery(B06):
Download:

T-Mobile Stock Recovery(B22):
Download:

Links will be back when I upload the new zips

where can i get the stock recovery for metroPCS?

Upvote 0
i would help u look for it but im in lazy town. man if u look and do some search u find it people stop been lazy
sorry i just seen the links are missing and it dosnt tell where they are in his origonal post.

Attachments

• Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    450.9 KB · Views: 137
Upvote 0
Stock Recovery Zips:
These zips install the stock recovery(NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH A "TWRP BACKUP" OR "NANDROID" THAT SOME PEOPLE WRONGLY REFER TO AS A "RECOVERY"!!) that came on your device. If you want to restore your device back to factory stock, you can flash the stock recovery after you flash the stock ROM and make sure everything is working. If you have been using switcher zips for system rw you need to flash the restore zip and reboot recovery before you flash the stock ROM or recovery. DO NOT FLASH THE STOCK RECOVERY ON A DEVICE THAT IS SOFT BRICKED OR WILL NOT BOOT. IT WILL ONLY MAKE THINGS WORSE! Check the md5 before you flash.

DO NOT INSTALL THE STOCK RECOVERY IF YOU HAVE A SWITCHER INSTALLED!

IF YOU ARE IN ANY WAY UNSURE OF WHAT YOU ARE DOING, ASK BEFORE YOU FLASH!

-INSTRUCTIONS-
[1] Install the stock ROM for your device according to the instructions in the post above.

[2] Reboot system to make sure you installed the stock ROM correctly.

[3] Assuming you have correctly installed the stock ROM, download the appropriate stock recovery zip for your phone. If your phone is not working correctly you need to reinstall the stock ROM following the directions.

[4] Check the md5 with MD5 CHECKER.

[5] Assuming that the md5 matches, reboot into TWRP recovery manually(Reboot the phone normally and as soon as the screen goes black, press and hold volume up until you see the TWRP splash screen).

[6] Flash the Stock recovery zip and reboot system.

[7] If you are returning your phone or selling it, do a factory reset.(DUH!)
-DISCLAIMER-
What you do with your device is your responsibility, not mine. I have tested both zips and they do exactly what they are supposed to do. If you brick your phone it is your own fault.

-DOWNLOADS-

MetroPCS Stock Recovery(B13):
Download: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24269982086999575
md5: 881f99d5958a4b31d3dae1098c2d0be4

T-Mobile Stock Recovery(B33):
Download: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24269982086999581
md5: c7165d53e7523823de1cea407a2d48d5
The error is because the bootloader is locked down harder on the b33 firmware. It not only has system write protection but now also has a security check for unofficial firmware and if you modify the system, boot, or recovery partition it bricks your phone.
You have the old version. Re download the metro stock ROM and flash it again. There is no need to wipe anything. I updated the metro stock ROM a few days ago and fixed this issue. Once you flash the new one you will be able to root it.
I have a question if you updates to the newest firmware of zte zmax for metro pc's could you still use butternoob Rom version 2

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones