[ROM] Redemptive 1.7

Last Updated:

1. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. spence341

spence341 Well-Known Member

I am confused, I have read throught the 1000's of post... What is the difference between:

[ROM] Redemption Rom v2.0.5
    and
    [Rom] Redemptive rEVOlution 1.7 *UPDATE* 10/12/10

They both appear to be made by the same person. I currently am running Virtuous 3.0.1 w/Incredible REVOlution theme

Any input?

3. icrazy2u

icrazy2u Well-Known Member

• Completely removed Incredible Framework
    • 100% EVO Framework used in Base Rom (This allows those of you who like the stock Sense feel the option to have a slimmed Rom with the fast EVO Framework as well as the working 6 signal bar icon and the option to apply a theme later on.)
    • Removed Sprint Twin Cam java files from Framework
    • Factory Data Reset now works
    • Various Custom theme mods - HeyItsLou (Thanks to luniz7 for the Photoshop tips!)
    • Changed default VM Heapsize to 32m
    • Changes made to the update-script due to a VERY small number of failed installs (cough, cough luniz7 )
    • New "Redemptive" folder pushed to SD Card during install (Many Users coming from Redemption Rom were using mods for that Rom on Redemptive which aren't compatible) this folder includes:
    1. Alternate Font - Flashable
    2. Backup Assistant - Flashable
    3. 3G Mobile Hot Spot - Flashable
    4. THEME Burst Alpha Star w/Flip Transitions - Flashable
    5. No Clock Or Location Mod - Flashable
    6. No Location Mod - Flashable
    7. No Clock Mod - Flashable
    8. No Mods Revert Default - Flashable
    • Removed 3g Mobile Hot Spot (Included in flashable zip see above)
    • Keeping custom boot animation - dimebagdan69
    • Updated Rom Manager, BusyBox Installer, XDA

This is directly from the XDA forum...

4. CastorTroy

CastorTroy New Member

i cant believe i never tried this rom until yesterday. its fast, smooth and battery life is superb. no bugs. theme and boot animation are killer. best sense rom hands down. i like the evo framework cuz u get 6 bars for signal instead of 4. very unique rom.

5. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

Yeah. In short Redemptive Revolution Rom is a Evo to Incredible port to which Evo themes (The Evo mod and theme community is pretty large and active) can be applied just like on the Evo. The Redemption Rom, in contrast to Redemptive, is Incredible "throughout" and not a port.

When Lou was asked something to the effect of, "As the developer which Rom do you favor?" My understanding of his response was that up until 1.7 of Redemptive came out, he would not favor one over the other, but that 1.7 would be the most polished Rom he had done to date.

I've not installed 1.7 as of this post but I plan to be doing it here in just a bit.

Skorpios1027 and spence341 like this.
  6. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Plz let us know how you like it....and how it compares to 1.6. Based largely off your assessment I'll flash this wknd :D so no pressure! heh

7. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Add me to the list of interested parties. 1.6 is my daily without question. I'll be flashing 1.7 irregardless once I get time but looking forward to a review from dscribe.

8. dscribe

I have installed 1.7. Haven't had time to do much with it yet. It Looks very good. Not very different from 1.6 from an end-user point of view. Most of the differences are "under the hood" stuff. I had heard he was going to remove the custom boot animation but I guess he changed his mind. I am glad he did because I like it. All the stuff you might need, depending on your personal preferences, after the initial rom install (theme, alternate font, status bar mods, etc) are in a folder called "Redemptive" on the sdcard now so you don't have to do separate downloads.

If you liked 1.6, you will like 1.7. It is basically just the same thing with the underlying framework cleaned up even more. If I run across any "gotcha's" I'll report but so far very uneventful (which is a good thing).

Addendum: I see the notification screen has been made fully semi-transparent.

9. bjanow

Make sure you flash the music fix on the OP. There is a problem with voice mail indication not showing but someone posted an update.zip fix and it works. Battery life is great with the hydra kernel and the animations very slick. I flashed the rosie mod from Virtuous RM, Dolphin. Tons of Evo themes out there and all should work.

Really glad that a few days ago you pointed me to this rom dscribe. It's my favorite so far although I did stay up past my bedtime last night flashing.

10. dscribe

1. Thanks for reminding me on the music fix, I about forgot that. Probably would have remembered it eventually but thanks for giving me the "heads up" there.

2. Re: voice mail indication, are you talking about a separate update called "update.zip"? Where is it? I'm not seeing it.

3. I am using the standard kernel with setcpu and so far I am happy with it, I may do the hydra kernel sometime. I don't know though because I really like the profiles available in setcpu, especially the screen off profile.

11. bjanow

Here is the link to the update. The apk needed to be pulled from 1.6 and some guy did it but others were having trouble pushing it via adb. So he just put it in an update.zip for immediate recovery flashing.

xda-developers - View Single Post - [Rom] Redemptive rEVOlution 1.7 *UPDATE* 10/12/10

You can still use screen off profile with the hydra kernel, just no OC. Someone said that hydra recommended not even screen off so I'm giving that a try now. Not seeing much difference, still at 94% battery almost 6 hours into the day. (admittedly I'm not using the phone much yet, sitting at a computer all day)

12. iowabowtech

Well, I have about an hour to kill so I'm flashing now. Kinda looks like what dscribe said...not a huge difference, everything is just integrated into the Rom now and the alternate files are resourced to the SD folder. Time will tell, I'll do the music fix too.

13. dscribe

Thanks! And let me know how it goes and/or what you find out about screen-off profile of setCPU with the hydra kernel.

14. dscribe

I went ahead and installed the stock speed undervolted hydra kernel. I am trying it with all my setCPU profiles turned off for now. I shall see what happens.

15. bjanow

That's just what I did. I'm not noticing any difference on screen off yet. I have to give the battery a couple of days to settle in but so far so good. 12 hours uptime 70% left, but not much awake time. Hard to say exactly since I rebooted mid day for a nandroid backup.

16. iowabowtech

That's still good even with low usage. I tried the Hydra undvervolt on 1.6 but it was killing me when browsing for some reason. I probably didn't give it a fair shake but I went back to the stock kernel b/c I'd been getting excellent life out of it. Oddly, the stock isn't fairing so well on 1.7. Can't imagine it's the heap increase but never know. I've been running without SetCPU altogether since loading this Rom. I've also wiped batt stats on both 1.6 and 1.7 though and haven't given 1.7 a good test yet. Need another couple cycles to know for sure. I'll probably break out Angry Birds here in awhile and suck the battery down to give it a full cycle. :D

17. bjanow

Browsing sucks the life out of my phone. I usually try to get in and get out lickedy split. But I've been flashing a lot lately so I really need to settle down a bit and give it a few cycles as you suggest. I'll know a lot more by Friday morning. Darn, SR 3.3 just came out too. Weekend project?

18. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Flashed 1.7 tonight and trying out the hydra kernel ss/uv. I just couldn't wait till this wknd heh!

1.6 and the stock kernel gave me 24 hrs 3-4 hrs uptime excellent batt life. I'll report on the hydra kernel after a full day with it tomorrow.

And yeah....SR3.3 looks delicious and I know ihtfp69 has polished it to a tee as is all of his work. Wknd project? Sure :)

19. bjanow

I just like the Evo framework, but you're right, SR is quite polished. Don't forget to flash the extra theme in the Redemp folder. Love those screen transitions. Gonna bump charge this baby in the AM and report back too.

20. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Yup just flashed theme, bumped, and wiped batt stats ;)

21. dscribe

Just a quick report. Really liking the rom. Seems to be very solid. I currently have 8:25 uptime and 3 hrs wake time (yeah, I've been web surfing etc. pretty heavily) and I'm at 62%. This is on the very first cycle though as well. I really don't trust battery stats much until the new kernel has been through a couple of cycles. Do you guys know if there is a single best url for browsing themes that have a high probability of working with this rom?

22. iowabowtech

Not sure on the theme thing, I really like the one that comes with it but my current times are somewhat near yours:

Up: 9:18:18
    Awake: 2:07:41
    Battery : 55%

Mostly internet use during uptime though. Looking good for the first cycle. I bet money it gets better.

23. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Good batt life for you both indeed. dscribe I don't know a single source/url for all the EVO themes that will work with this ROM. I think it's so new and hasn't been long enough to thoroughly test which ones work and which don't. I have read of 2 that work so far without hiccups (sorry can't remember the names, but they are in the xda redemptive thread) or so they say.

So you going to be a guinea pig and test some out for us :D

24. bjanow

There is a guy in the XDA thread named (I can't make this stuff up) PimpShit that seems to be pretty good at fixing, themes, and troubleshooting roms. I can't seem to find a list although going to the Evo section they do have a theme forum. I just don't want to get tempted yet, I really want to give this a workout first. And then there's SR looming large on the horizon as well. Anyway, fully bumped 1500, second day.

Lou tweeted last night some very similar bat stats as Iowa and dscribe.

25. spence341

spence341 Well-Known Member

I like this... I just need to change the lock screen, I don't care for the slide down. I also want to get ride of the white sceen w/ green HTC that pops up periodically. Isn't there a way to flash a new file? I like the black one that said Unrevoked on it.