[ROM]RootBox(CM/AOKP/PA)4.2.2

1. tattooboy

tattooboy Well-Known Member

Thanks to Sbrissen without him this would not be possible!! Make sure to give him a big thanks or even donate!

[​IMG]

Instructions:
    1. Make sure to have a backup! For safety
    2. Full wipe Factory/Cache/Davlik
    3. Flash ROM.
    4. Flash Gapps
    5. Wipe Cache/Davlik
    6. Reboot
    7. Let sit for 30 secs.
    8. Go to settings superuser and hit menu and select settings and turn off notifications. Or you get a toast notification that lasts about 30 secs. Anoyying! Lol
    9. For sound issues go to settings sound uncheck link volumes, slide volumes.
    Reboot
    10. Profit!!!!

Sbrissen
    Team RootBox-Bajee11
    Team Carbon
    Cyanogenmod
    Kejar31-Trinity Kernel
    Slick_rick
    mrpnut-Helping me get all setup!

Make sure to thank all of these guys!!!

This is RootBox built with Linaro 4.7 toolchain! With the Trinity Kernel added!

Hope you guys Enjoy!! Feel free to post for ?s or Bugs!

ROM: NEW 4-30
    http://www.fileswap.com/dl/GUTxpi37fw/RootBox-JB-l900-Nightly-20130430.zip.html

Gapps: Goo.im Downloads - Downloading gapps-jb-20121212-signed.zip

Inverted Gapps: NEW
    http://www.fileswap.com/dl/PobZ68s61L/AROMAInverts.zip.html

NEW
    RootBox TWRP 2.4.X theme:
    http://www.fileswap.com/dl/mqk2nLqO9l/ui.zip.html

Instructions for theme:
    1. Boot into TWRP at least once
    2. In any file explorer go to sdcard/TWRP/
    3.Create a folder called theme (all lowercase)
    4. Move the ui.zip to inside the theme folder
    5. Reboot to recovery to see new theme! :)

Change log:
    March 14/13
    Upstream CM changes
    Upstream Rootbox sources
    Settings Fixed!!
    New features added in RootBox Settings!

Guys this is the BEST UPDATE to date!!!!
    Smoothness is unbelievable!! :)

Bugs:You tell me! :)

If you go back to a 4.1.x ROM check out madmacks. Restore sdcard after downgrade!

Attached Files:

Advertisement
    nursereese, aheeejd, neudof and 3 others like this.
  2. mrpnut

mrpnut THE WORLD IS YOURS Guide

Nice job bro!!!! Hope everyone enjoys this rom +1;)
  3. aheeejd

aheeejd Well-Known Member

Yes, haven't been here in ages, didn't even remember if I joined, threw in my name & pass & bada bing, here I am. Great job tatooboy
  4. tattooboy

Lil! That's how I was!!! :) Thanks guys!
  5. carbajal3009

carbajal3009 Active Member

Nice just signed up for this. :D appreciate this a lot man!!
  6. tattooboy

OK guys if any of you are having problems with rootbox settings FC's I will get a new build out tomorrow with that fixed! Sorry about that!
  7. moose13

moose13 Active Member

8. tattooboy

Nice! Welcome moose13

Thanks for all the support guys! Glad everyone is enjoying! Got something in the Works for you guys just need to take care of some bugs! But its gonna be awesome! Stay Tuned!! :)
  9. aheeejd

Rom running great tatooboy, I have a request. Is it possible for you to put a file manager into the rom, I ask because of the WiFi issue that I have. I have to delete the WiFi folder from the etc folder, then replace it with a WiFi folder I pulled out of a 4.1 based rom. I guess any file manager other then rom toolbox lite, because I tried that one that came with justinbeans inverted gapps & it wouldn't delete the WiFi folder, even with root permission. TIA.
  10. carbajal3009

Just download one from the play store. Root explorer, astro , file manager, es file explorer. I personally use es :D
    aheeejd likes this.
  11. tattooboy

Yeah I've already started today's build but the next release I will add one! :)
  12. tattooboy

Guys I'm working on getting 3 new ROMs out so I'm going be real busy!! :) so if you would be patient with me! I'll get to any of your request or ?s ASAP!! GOT SOME GOOD STUFF Coming for ya!! New update today will have latest upstream changes and RootBox settings fixed!! Thanks again guys!!
  13. aheeejd

Tatooboy knows what I'm talking about. I will explain for you though. I have issues connecting to wifi, & where I live I have no 3g service, its horrible, goes off & to 1x constantly. So that means when I boot up a rom, if I can't connect to wifi I'm dead in the water. Can't sign in, let alone go play in the play store. I knew I should have just sent you a pm tattoo, anyways keep up the awesome work & can't wait to check out the new stuff.

And when I'm up & running, I use rom toolbox pro.
  14. tattooboy

Its cool man! Lol no need to explain yourself. Carbajal3009 was just trying to help! :) I know that you can't connect so I will put one in the next build for ya! :) and I will put rootbox lite in. Due to copyright! :) then you will be able to put whatever you want on!!!!
    carbajal3009 and aheeejd like this.
  15. tattooboy

Just a quick update guys some new stuff was added so I would recommend a full wipe then the next builds should be able to dirty flash! Sorry for the inconvenience!
    mrpnut, carbajal3009 and aheeejd like this.
  16. aheeejd

Oh no no no, its all good. I know he was helping, I just wanted to explain cause my original post does look kinda boneheaded lol.
  17. moose13

moose13 Active Member

Might you add to the op the gapps you had over on xda the one with black Facebook and themed play music
  18. tattooboy

New Builds up Guys ENJOY its AMAZING!!!
    mrpnut and aheeejd like this.
  19. carbajal3009

Nice :D downloading now. Lady is looking at me like omg he's on his phone again... :p so hopefully I get to flash this bad boy! :p
  20. tattooboy

My wife hates me!! Lol I would def. Flash this ASAP BEST ONE TO DATE by a long shot!!!!!
  21. mrpnut

mrpnut THE WORLD IS YOURS Guide

Nice job TB keep them coming';)
    tattooboy likes this.
  22. carbajal3009

Just flashed this from a previous nightly...fresh install. I have no signal. At all... :( I'm trying to.figure this out but I can't. I tried putting it in airplane mode and nothing. Went in to mobile network settings and messed with every option available and still nothing...any help? :(
  23. carbajal3009

Seems to be stuck in this option only for me. No matter how many times I change it. I select another option and reboot to see if it would stick and still no dice... :(

Well decided to go back to my backup and then start fresh again and that did it. I got signal now. That was weird... :p so far the only thing I noticed is that the device settings aren't included. The ones to turn the led fading and the contrast of the screen and also the vibration sensitivity . any clue on those? Other than that I'm golden now :D

Attached Files:

24. tattooboy

Didn't even notice that! Thanks man I'll check in to that
  25. neudof

neudof Active Member

Glad to see you found a home! :D