• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] rubiX Blurry and rubiX Focused 0.5 by drod2169

I'm having the same problem. I'm running focused .5 with the bgx theme. I noticed that there are two stock messaging apps when I set my default. Messaging and text messaging. And I use handcent. And I definitely wiped data. It was fine prior to installing bgx.

Some themes may have different versions of apps themed then the ones in blurless/aosp roms. I believe that is what is causing some people to see duplicate apps. One version from this rom and another from the theme they install.

Upvote 0
I read through the whole topic and I didn't see an answer to this question, so here goes: if I'm currently on 2.3.9 without root, would I need to root before installing this ROM? If I'm not currently deodexed, will I be deodexed automatically by updating to this? Also, since this is based on 2.3.15, would this effectively update me to that version (albeit a customized edition of it)?

On a separate note, does anyone on here who switch from the Froyo leak to this have any data on the overall battery life and speed differences?

Thanks all.

Upvote 0
It really is amazing this much can be done despite the encrypted bootloader madness.

Jealous of my friend pulling 2100+ quadrants (yeah yeah benchmarks whatever) with cyanogenmod on his evo.

rubiX gets me 1400+ quadrant which is about 50 higher than the 2.3.9 leak.
Battery life actually seems better as well as web browsing speeds. Funny how that worked out. It could have to do with the 2.3.15 base...

Upvote 0
Really liking the blurred version so far. How has the focused version been for those of you who switched from blurred->focused? Is it worth it?

I installed the blurry version like it was stated to do, without ROM manager and then did a advanced restore of the data only from my previous ROM (FlyX with 2.3.9) and it worked like a charm. Just had to reinstall the black bar. :)

Upvote 0
Some themes may have different versions of apps themed then the ones in blurless/aosp roms. I believe that is what is causing some people to see duplicate apps. One version from this rom and another from the theme they install.

I assumed that was the problem. It worked itself out after about a half hour. Haven't had a problem since. Loving focused.

Upvote 0
I've Run .3 blurry for the past couple of days now and noticed that 3g speed sometimes takes a large hit.
I would chalk this up to network congestion but the tricks I use to alleviate this problem don't seem to work. The only thing that does work is rebooting the phone.
Not ready to say with certainty blurry Rubix is causing this problem, however I do have a sneaking suspicion it is. The only way to find out is to restore and flash another rom to see if the problem continues.
Which is a shame considering I was really liking Rubix Blurry's speed and toned down blur.

Upvote 0
I've Run .3 blurry for the past couple of days now and noticed that 3g speed sometimes takes a large hit.
I would chalk this up to network congestion but the tricks I use to alleviate this problem don't seem to work. The only thing that does work is rebooting the phone.
Not ready to say with certainty blurry Rubix is causing this problem, however I do have a sneaking suspicion it is. The only way to find out is to restore and flash another rom to see if the problem continues.
Which is a shame considering I was really liking Rubix Blurry's speed and toned down blur.

I've noticed the same thing. Had thus issue with 0.3 focused but it cleared itself up after a few reboots. I have 1 bar as I'm typing this in a building full if VZW signal boosters

Upvote 0
On blurry, rebooting would only clear it temporarily then after a while the problem would reappear. The signal was always strong (4 bars -68 -84) but the 3g speed still came to a crawl. It also seemed to be screwing with pandora and Xii live, at times both wouldn't buffer correctly.
Right now I'm back on the 2.3.15 leak with the Revolution theme and will post an update in a day or two if the problem has gone away.

Upvote 0
Yeah. But for me on blurry it seems to come and go. Sometimes it'll show 2 bars steadily, then ill get 4 bars in an area where I normally wouldn't....
Are the lower bars accompanied by lower -db numbers?
The reason I ask is because from time to time my X has always displayed less bars but not with corresponding -db.
It has been this way even before it was rooted, upgraded to 2.2 and deodexed. In fact I always assumed this was something done intentionally to save battery since once a call is placed/received all 4 bars reappear.

Upvote 0
Are the lower bars accompanied by lower -db numbers?
The reason I ask is because from time to time my X has always displayed less bars but not with corresponding -db.
It has been this way even before it was rooted, upgraded to 2.2 and deodexed. In fact I always assumed this was something done intentionally to save battery since once a call is placed/received all 4 bars reappear.

hmmm...ill have to check it out. but as of now, toggling airplane mode on and off seems to give me 4 bars steadily.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones