• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] rubiX Focused 0.3 by drod2169

Let's all realize something, Moto already knows we will have the last laugh when it comes to the bootloader...good things are coming.

I am just excited for them things to get here. I am not too worried, I am sure it will happen and my phone is running perfectly.

One of the reasons why I am trying to decide if I want to try this out.

Upvote 0
For some reason, I'm having issues with rubiX + my extended battery. My DX won't even boot with the extended battery in. The standard battery works just fine.

Any ideas?

im wanting to give this a shot but i have an extended battery....why would that be a problem.

i just installed with my extended battery without any problems at all. everything went perfect. put the brightness patch on. now i need to work on the panoramic pic patch because i like that feature....then alarm, facebook, contact widgets and im set.

Upvote 0
im wanting to give this a shot but i have an extended battery....why would that be a problem.

That's what I can't figure out. I have been using the extended battery since I bought it (a month ago). After installing rubiX, I shutoff the phone to charge it and couldn't turn it back on; the phone would hang at the Moto logo. After panicking for a bit, I put the standard battery in and it booted up fine.

If I power off on standard and insert the extended battery, I cannot boot.
However, if I power off on standard or extended, then try to boot with the standard battery, the phone boots just fine.

Not only that, but after installing rubiX, rom manager can't boot into recovery either. Also had a random shutoff and have never had that before. I'm going to SBF and see if the problems persist.

I guess the usual warning applies; don't do this stuff unless you're comfortable with SBF'ing your phone.

Upvote 0
Drod,
First let me say thanks for the great work on this ROM. It is by far the fastest and most stable I have used. Google released their new stock Car Dock today and it is capable of adding apps (like Slacker). The one thing I had to pull from Blur was the voice search. This thing is definately necessary for any Car Dock. IT allows you to voice serach for music, navagation, make call, ect. The stock Google search only does navigation. I think either Dock app will be fine, but the voice search is highly recommended for any future build.

Thanks again for all your hard work.

Upvote 0
That's what I can't figure out. I have been using the extended battery since I bought it (a month ago). After installing rubiX, I shutoff the phone to charge it and couldn't turn it back on; the phone would hang at the Moto logo. After panicking for a bit, I put the standard battery in and it booted up fine.

However, if I power off on standard or extended, then try to boot with the standard battery, the phone boots just fine.

Not only that, but after installing rubiX, rom manager can't boot into recovery either. Also had a random shutoff and have never had that before. I'm going to SBF and see if the problems persist.

I guess the usual warning applies; don't do this stuff unless you're comfortable with SBF'ing your phone.

im going to try to load it with my stock battery in and then put the extended in to see if that makes a difference. im at work and cant sbf until 7 am so ill give this a shot first. lets hope it works. still completely baffled by this. if you have an account on droidxforums.com, drod has been helping people that have issues with this rom. i cant remember my login or i would do it myself. already tried. might just have to register again

Upvote 0
awesome fast and stable..autokiller was usually in the 160-180mb free memory range for me and now im at 220-240MB..first try 1486 quad score..i do miss the alarm clock..any suggestions for an aftermarket alarm clock app (dependable)

Good Morning.

That's probably the best alarm clock I've ever installed. It allows TTS so you can type what kyou want your phone to tell you in the morning and it syncs with your calendar too. there are other features on there that I like. The full screen snooze button is one of them.

TRy it out Eris. i'M sure you'll like it.

Upvote 0
I got this installed this morning (5 hours ago) without any problems at all. After the install I changed the boot animation and applied the 928Droid BGX theme. So far it has been running flawlessly and seems to be very quick and responsive so far.

so i can still install a theme and a new boot animation on top of this? never done a theme before but im really happy with this rom so far. best my phone has ran yet!! just need to tie together a few loose ends and itll be perfect!! count me in on the donation trail!!:D:D:D

Upvote 0

for your Can't boot to recovery problem from ROM manager problem. You just have to reflash clockwork recovery and redo the bootstrap and that should fix that.

Upvote 0
Drod,
First let me say thanks for the great work on this ROM. It is by far the fastest and most stable I have used. Google released their new stock Car Dock today and it is capable of adding apps (like Slacker). The one thing I had to pull from Blur was the voice search. This thing is definately necessary for any Car Dock. IT allows you to voice serach for music, navagation, make call, ect. The stock Google search only does navigation. I think either Dock app will be fine, but the voice search is highly recommended for any future build.

Thanks again for all your hard work.

Is that car dock on the market? never mind. whoohoo they really needed a more customizable car dock. how do you like it?

Upvote 0
Yeah, I'm wondering what my X would fetch on Ebay

my ear phone jack only plays sound in the right ear...so I am going to get a new one then I think I could make 400. But I don't want to get a new X if I am not going to get the fascinate because I don't want it to come back to me with the new bootloader and then the devs figure out the old bootloader. wow the more I think about it the more I want the fascinate. But I want to keep the X I just want the bootloader unlocked already:mad:

Upvote 0
Is that car dock on the market? never mind. whoohoo they really needed a more customizable car dock. how do you like it?

chart.png

Here ya go...I can't get it to show up for me in the market. It looks like a lot of people are having the same problem if you check the comments on appbrain.

Upvote 0
awesome fast and stable..autokiller was usually in the 160-180mb free memory range for me and now im at 220-240MB..first try 1486 quad score..i do miss the alarm clock..any suggestions for an aftermarket alarm clock app (dependable)

Free memory is wasted memory. This isn't a windows pc.

Android Task Killers Explained: What They Do and Why You Shouldn't Use Them

I know you aren't using a task killer per say but you aren't doing anything good freeing up memory with autokiller either, other than making your phone work harder.

Upvote 0
my ear phone jack only plays sound in the right ear...so I am going to get a new one then I think I could make 400. But I don't want to get a new X if I am not going to get the fascinate because I don't want it to come back to me with the new bootloader and then the devs figure out the old bootloader. wow the more I think about it the more I want the fascinate. But I want to keep the X I just want the bootloader unlocked already:mad:

My phone was stuck on the M logo and I wasnt able to sbf because I have a Mac and couldnt get to a PC until yesterday for a wk. During that time I bought the Incredible and played around with the Fascinate, but the Droid X hardware just feels so much better in my hands now that I have it working again. The Incredible can do so much more customization wise but too small for my hands and the the Fascinate has a beautiful screen but Im not a fan of TouchWiz Ui. With that said even the Moto is being Moto the DX is still hands down the better phone hardware and specs wise IMO. My 2 cents. OK Back on topic, im going to try out Rubix now.

Upvote 0
My phone was stuck on the M logo and I wasnt able to sbf because I have a Mac and couldnt get to a PC until yesterday for a wk. During that time I bought the Incredible and played around with the Fascinate, but the Droid X hardware just feels so much better in my hands now that I have it working again. The Incredible can do so much more customization wise but too small for my hands and the the Fascinate has a beautiful screen but Im not a fan of TouchWiz Ui. With that said even the Moto is being Moto the DX is still hands down the better phone hardware and specs wise IMO. My 2 cents. OK Back on topic, im going to try out Rubix now.

this ""ROM"", yes double quotes...think about it, has been running great

off-topic
I know the hardware is definitely not as good, but the ability to flash custom roms and kernels really makes me want it, also cyanogen said he would be supporting it

Upvote 0

I was thinking this new Google Car Dock is very customizable. It has about 4-5 pages of apps you can add. You can also drag any app to another page or to the trash. It is kinda cool having your background pictue show up as well. I was a Huge fan of the Moto Dock, but I might like the new Google one more(not the one that come with RubiX).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones